Exotics-r-us/ Ray Hunter/ Ricky D - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-07-2003, 12:34 AM   #31
sychoram
??????????

You know I don't say much on this site, because it's really hard to type when I an laughing at all you people. As usual on this board someone has taken an issue that has nothing to do with the post and made it the issue. I don't know any of these people and really think only an idiot would own a venomous snake (please this is my OPINION don't take it personally). Whether this guy is performing this surgery IS NOT the issue here. The issue is whether these animals were sick when they were shipped. I know its hard for you "old timers" to stick to the subject at hand, but lets give it the good ole college try.

Now, on to the issue at hand, where are these horrible, ever condeming, all showing pictures. Don't worry, We're all adults here, and surley can handle a few pictures to satisfy our own curiosities. And for those of you worried about the operation, maybe you could give some head shots to ease their nerves

Old 11-07-2003, 12:43 AM   #32
oreganus
Lightbulb alll of you anti venomoiders have fun

I am no longer part of this conversation, Ray knows what he did, knows what he has lied about and knows that he is still lying. He successfully got anti venomoid people to come on here and start with me to distract to the fact that he sent sick animals. I know you are a liar Ray, it doesn't matter if anyone else believes it, you all can have a nice voyage on the "ship of fools", meanwhile I will go about my business and simply leave everyone to read the first post on this thread. It is amazing what fiction that anti venomoid people can make up all by themselves without anyone else saying anything. so far:

1) I am lying about the condition of the animals
2) I am responsible for all the animals that come near me dying
3) you are a good honest businessman and are simply a saint
4) I am also a butcher that "grabs a hacksaw" and devenomizes snakes without any anesthesia(that brings some scary pictures to mind, can't imagine seeing that)
5)and I am whatever else some idiots can make up and post.

The only thing that I did wrong was what Ms.T said, I was stupid enough to put up with your B.S. for a long time and let you rip us off for this long. The first time that we had problems with Ray, I should have not ever dealt with him again. I have nothing to argue with that, I can only say that he portrays himself as a nice guy, but when it eventually came down to it, he proved himself to be a scumbag and one of the biggest liars I have ever dealt with. The anti venomoiders and scumbag importers like Ray can keep doing what they are doing and screw and crucify until they have ran everyone that is honest and good in this business, you are only destroying it for everyone. Until then, we can just watch all of the like-minded ignorant politicians pass laws and ruin the hobby even more. This board is pretty pointless, because every time someone posts their experiences, there are always idiots crawling out of the woodwork to start slamming people without knowing all of the facts. DO YOU REALLY THINK RAY IS GOING TO ADMIT HE SENT OUT BAD ANIMALS, HE STILL HAS YET TO EVEN EXPLAIN WHY THE LAST REMAINING GABBY WAS GOING INTO SEIZURES TWO DAYS AFTER ARRIVING, HE HAS YET TO EXPLAIN WHY AFTER EIGHT WEEKS OF FEEDING THAT THE GABBIES HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING BUT SKIN AND BONES. And just so there is no confusion, I put capital letters so maybe idiots like Ray will actually notice and respond, probably lost any hope of that, but that is okay, I am done with this crap. Karma is a bitch and so wait patiently.
KEvin Smith

Old 11-07-2003, 12:47 AM   #33
oreganus
Lightbulb oh yeah....

I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon, I had to order a scale, so I could show the weight of these animals. For some reason I thought it mattered to show the proof as best I can to the people on this forum. I don't think it matters anymore, because I am a horrible venomoid seller, but I will do it anyways.
Kevin Smith

Old 11-07-2003, 03:14 AM   #34
COBRAMAN
"I will post pictures tomorrow afternoon, I had to order a scale, so I could show the weight of these animals."

Kevin this is odd, You had to "ORDER A SCALE" to prove your point......Do tell us all... how do you calculate the propper dosages for the snakes you are doing surgery on if you don't already have a scale?????? HMMMMM

As I am typing this, I am on the phone with Ken (from CA) who puts up the money for all the shipments that go to Kevin. He has just informed me that Kevin has contacted him and told him that I was bad mouthing him on this forum. Kevin scroll back through this whole post and show us all what I said bad about Ken. Just so you know, I just sat here and read this entire thread to Ken, word for word, because he does not have internet access right now. I pointed out each lie of yours to Ken (although I don't think I had to, he is an honest person that is a victim our you). He also said that you told him that I had posted in this thread that you were illegally sending venomous snakes to him in California. Show me that! I have never said anything of the sort, and to my knowledge that has not happened. So now you are lying to your own business partner. Go ahead and deny it. Go ahead and say that now Ken is lying. You are a real piece... He also told me that the ONLY thing he told you about me and Ricky is that I was going to be going off in another direction career wise, and he acknowledged that I NEVER said anything against Ricky, or ever tried to push off blaime on him. He agrees that you put your own assumptions to that. Again, Ricky is helping me with my new direction career wise. So, nice try, kevin, but now Ken has heard all of your silliness and lies, and not just the lies you wanted him to hear.

Now about the pics... Ken tells me that you sent him an e-mail with pics of some dead snake or snakes. Why can't you post those same pics here for all of us to see???? We will play your game and wait for you new scale to come in. Good luck finding a dead 5 foot gaboon for your photo shoot, there are not too many around that size. I sure wish we would get some that big, but I would not have sold a 5 footer for $75, that's for sure.

You Wrote: "we can just watch all of the like-minded ignorant politicians pass laws and ruin the hobby even more"

You don't think that what you are doing out there can be a factor in new laws??? You screw up on one of your surgeries, and someone gets envenomated, what do you think happens then? Please hurry up and get that scale, so you can start giving the correct dosages of antibiotics to the snakes after you do your cutting.

You then wrote: "HE STILL HAS YET TO EVEN EXPLAIN WHY THE LAST REMAINING GABBY WAS GOING INTO SEIZURES TWO DAYS AFTER ARRIVING"

Kevin, pretend you have some common sence here. If I am in Florida, and you are in OR, how can I possibly explain what a snake is doing in your facility?? I am not a vet!!! Maybe you gave it too much of some drug because you could not be bothered to get a scale and figure out the correct dosage. Who knows??? With all your lies to me, the readers of this thread, and worse of all your partner, I am inclined to believe that is just anouther lie of yours. Sort of like you telling Ken that we leave animals in the shipping bags without water until they are sold and shipped in the very same bag they came in (let me guess... you did not say that to Ken either, he is just lying???) How would I explain that to Florida Game Agents when they inspect our facilities??? Because a stain does not come out of a bag in the wash, that was the snake's residence? Now you are a crapologist as well? You sent it off to determine exactly how old it was? I know you did not test it at your place, because if you did not even have a scale, you certainly did not have the equipment to carbon dating of snake poop. Kid, go have that cry.

Ken, do yourself a favor, and find yourself a business associate that is honest, and won't lie to you, like this waste of space does, as I showed you in all his posts here. You deserve better!
All the very best
Ray Hunter

Old 11-07-2003, 05:27 AM   #35
oreganus
Lightbulb Ray...

I am through with your crap. I already stated what happened with the shipment. I am not going to continue this argument with you. I will send you pics and if you feel the need, you can post them up here. You wanted me to take it away from the forum and email you privately, yet when I did, you brought it on here and slammed me for it. YOU are obviously not going to admit you are wrong and I am not going to say I lied about this when the original post(you might not remember that one, been awhile) was the complete truth. It amazes me that you are so happy to slam me about venomoids when obviously you will go way further than anyone to make a buck. You have talked to Ken and I talked to him right after you did, so he can make up his own mind who he wants to associate with, he knows who is telling the truth and who is cheating who. He is my friend and I would never cheat a friend. You keep wanting to say how Ed said this and Ed was my good buddy, I never trusted or liked that guy from the first deal I ever did with him, you can ask anyone that has spoken to me from the beginning about him. As for the validity of what Ed has said about me, go ahead and post an inquiry about him and see what pops up, he is ONE of the biggest crooks there are. The only thing you ever said truthful through this whole thing was that Ken was a good guy, you are right about that, I am proud to call him one of my good friends. As for this entire nonsense that has been dragged on and on, I am not going to post anything more. People have all of the story from both sides and they can judge for themselves. If one of us looks like an ass, then so be it, if both of us look like asses for this stupid argument, then so be it. I am tired of this crap and I don't have to defend myself any more to you or anyone else. They can learn things on their own. As for this BOI, I am only going to post about good guys that sell quality animals, I don't have time to deal with the idiots that have no idea what is going on, but just jump on here to start crap with anyone and everyone. You know what opinions are similar to and everyone has one.....
Kevin Smith

Old 11-07-2003, 06:12 AM   #36
Bearskin10
Re: ??????????

First off just let me say this is my first time at this site and I am not really into snakes that much, More of a Tarantula collector myself, But I am going to give my take on this: You sound like a really Dumba** Kevin, All you have done is dodge questions. If you are such the great person why don't you answer the questions. All your screaming just makes you look like a spoiled little baby that is having a temper tantrum BOO HOO WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by sychoram
You know I don't say much on this site, because it's really hard to type when I an laughing at all you people. As usual on this board someone has taken an issue that has nothing to do with the post and made it the issue. I don't know any of these people and really think only an idiot would own a venomous snake (please this is my OPINION don't take it personally). Whether this guy is performing this surgery IS NOT the issue here. The issue is whether these animals were sick when they were shipped. I know its hard for you "old timers" to stick to the subject at hand, but lets give it the good ole college try.

Now, on to the issue at hand, where are these horrible, ever condeming, all showing pictures. Don't worry, We're all adults here, and surley can handle a few pictures to satisfy our own curiosities. And for those of you worried about the operation, maybe you could give some head shots to ease their nerves
And then for you, I don't know what you are laughing at, Maybe Your stupidity? They are sticking to the issue at hand, They are trying to figure out if these animals are dying because this guy is butchering them, Pretty sad someone that does not know much about this subject can figure this out and you can't.

As for me I am going back to my Invert board, There is to much whining and bickering over here, Where we are just one big happy family over there.

Old 11-07-2003, 08:03 AM   #37
ms_terese
Quote:
Whether this guy is performing this surgery IS NOT the issue here. The issue is whether these animals were sick when they were shipped.
sychoram, reread the first few posts. The issue of the sick snakes was put to bed early because Kevin was outside the TOS. Kevin came back and argued that he got sick snakes LOTS of times, apparently thinking that gave more validity to his claim, when in fact it simply means he should be used to following the TOS by reporting any unsatisfactory animals within the time frame. In my mind, it makes him less than bright for continuing to buy animals that were consistently below his standards. Now, that's the scenario if you believe Kevin's claims. I have difficulty doing that right off the bat because A) there are 2 very different sides to this story, and B) there was no proof provided, even after numerous offers by Kevin to post pictures.

Now, it was brought up that Kevin has difficulty with many of his snakes because of venomoid surgeries. The facts about that include high rates of medical complications and mortality. If, in addition, the surgeries are being performed illegally, that would A) be an indicator of Kevin's character and therefore his credibility, and B) throw into question what the snakes died of, since I didn't see the word "necropsy" brought up anywhere. Kevin himself then tried turning the tables by claiming that everyone was siding against him because they hated venomoids. Not the case. There is a difference between people being anti-venomoid and people being outraged by someone illegally performing surgery on an animal. I believe strongly in spaying & neutering dogs and cats, but I'm going to be livid if I find out some breeder is doing it in his garage to save a couple bucks. You following me here?

So you see, the people here are not going down unrelated paths, but rather bringing up other points that may have been left out of the original post.

However, I'm glad you can find amusement on this site, laughter is a good thing.

Old 11-07-2003, 08:26 AM   #38
Blackwater Reptiles
Kevin and I have a "history" regarding the illegal surgery issue, and I wanted to go on record by saying that before I post the "meat" of what I have to say here; which is...

I have purchased (one time) from ERJ, it was three or four (old-timer's disease I guess) Malayan pit vipers, Callesolasma rhodostoma (I think I spelled that correctly, but I haven't had my coffee yet).... The snakes were advertised on another reptile web site, and I called in an order for "all they had." My *only* disappointment came as a result of the fact that they had only females left to sell. The snakes arrived in good health, for imported animals, and they all ate ravenously on mice. I acquired a male from another seller and managed to get the females to produce eggs for me the following breeding season, without having to dose them with meds.

I will refrain from further comment on the legality or ethics of performing surgery for profit at home. Kevin already knows how I feel about the issue and it won't do anything to improve the quality of this thread.

I would buy from ERJ again.

Old 11-07-2003, 09:12 AM   #39
Mustangrde1
Just checking the facts again. Kevin sends Ken pictures and does not post them here or send to you. Something about a seller not having a cam to send pics to prospective buyers or post on the internet for sale strikes me as odd.

Florida Game and Freshwater fish commission has a habit of pulling inspections on animal dealers facilities especially venomous dealers. With the Laws as strict as they are for providing for animals well being in under Florida codes I dont thing an officer would allow them to be kept in bags 8 weeks or more. I could be wrong but doubt it.

Have to buy a scale to get the right weight. of what your narcotics? Give us all a break now its been what 3 weeks almost. Even if these animals arrived in bad shape and dieing 3 weeks past is just no longer believable 3 weeks almost or there abouts is more than enough time to kill an animal and have it emanciated.

Out of 20 rinkals 2 survived your surgical alteration perhaps its time to inform Oregon state officials of what is going on and I think I will.

You have not answered any questions but skirted the issues kevin you refuse to prove any of what you say. The fact is you have bought thousands of dollars from ERJ you know there TOS and you violated it plain simple to the fact. At this point I am very inclined to believe the animals were in good shape you went to put them under your chainsaw and killed them with to much or not enough medication and are wanting freebies and or your money back.

The issue of venomoids does come up not because of peoples hatred for it but because you or one of your associates preform the procedure. With its very high rate of mortality how can anyone believe what you say without instant proof upon receipt of the animals.

Scott Bice

Old 11-07-2003, 10:21 AM   #40
colubridman88
KEVIN

HEY KEVIN. WHERE ARE THESE PICS. WE HAVEN'T GOT THE FULL STORY HERE. WHERE ARE THE PICS. IF YOU POST THEM, WITH WEIGHTS AND EVERYTHING, IT MIGHT MAKE SOME OF US THINK TWICE BEFORE DEALING WITH ERJ. DO YOU REALLY HAVE THEM. YOU KEEP SAYING YOU ARE NOT A LIAR.PROVE IT.COME ON, YOUR CREDIBILITY IS ON THE LINE HERE.

JESSE SMITH

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!