Worried. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Other Lizards Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-28-2003, 09:25 PM   #1
Lynsey
Unhappy Worried.

i recently have gotten a mali baby who's adorable. however, i was informed that when he was younger he was without a UVA/UVB light for some time and now he appears to have temporarily paralized back legs. i really want him to get better...i've been told a few things i can do, but if anyone else has experienced this and has some insight for me that would be great. i want him to be a happy and healthy little guy. thanks.

Old 12-31-2003, 03:41 PM   #2
Gromph Baenre
Lynsey,
I regret to hear of your pets' problem. I have a few questions. What does its diet consist of? When was the last time he had a bowel movement? Could you expand upon your setup, that is to say, size of tank, substrate used, temps at the basking spot, ambient temp and cool end temps.

Best regards,

Carson Grindstaff

Old 02-13-2005, 04:42 PM   #3
El_Pablo
Your pet is displaying symptoms of a calcium deficientcy. The lack of UVB has caused a defiencty of vitamin D which has caused him to absorb calcium less efficiently. Get him a Zoo Med Reptisun UV bulb, or another one that emitts UVB and UVA such as EXO TERRA Reptiglow quickly. Feed him lots of chopped dandelions and water cress ( these are high in calcium, low in phosphates) and sprinkle his food with calcium carbonate supplement 3 times a week and a reptile multivitamin once a week. Do not offer fruit etc. too much just get him eating the high calcium dandeions and water cress. I hope this will work for him and that he will pull through. Get a Vet opinion also.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!