Amazon Reptiles of Tampa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-10-2002, 07:54 PM   #1
T. Granger
I talked to Angela the owner at the Tampa show and may be getting somethings from her but wanted to see what her reputation is as a owner/breeder first. Thank you in advance for any input.

Old 10-11-2002, 09:55 AM   #2
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Tim,

Angela is not the owner of Amazon but is the Manager of the store.  And I am not sure but I don't think she or the store breeds anything.  Hopefully someone else will post more information for you on the store and such.

Old 10-11-2002, 10:03 AM   #3
billy lane
Tim,
   If you do a name search on Amazon Reptiles or Angela Coker I think that you will find that you money would be better spent somewhere else. It seems that there was some questions of her stealing reptiles from her last job at The Snake Pit (gosh, these are the times I miss Neil), I am sure that you could call or e-mail Neil and he would fill in the blanks on her shaded past. Hpoe this helps.

Old 10-11-2002, 10:47 AM   #4
T. Granger
Rob, It seems that you are correct in your last post, I have received several e-mail on this topic, seems like for some reason people do not want to post, But Ms. has been telling people that she is the owner of Amazon, she told one person that she does have a investor "Tom" but that she was going to cut him loose because he take money from the store acct. and never tells her. Like you others have said she nor the store breeds anything. I won't deal with a liar and I hope no one else will, Our hobby has 1 two many blackeyes she sounds like 1 blackeye we do not need. I would like to know if anyone knows how to reach the real owner of Amazon to let them know how their employee is hurting their store.

Old 10-11-2002, 01:38 PM   #5
Shelly Tanner
I would  like to relate a bad deal I have with Amazon Reptiles in Tampa, FL. I went to the Tampa reptile show on Sept. 28. I was looking to buy a c.b. burm for my son, I did find several w.c. ones but very few captives. I then went to Amazon's table and started talking to Angela and she told me the burms for sale were from her breeders (she went as far as to say she would never have w.c. stuff). She told me that she would let me have one for 50 bucks, so I did buy the snake and talk to her about the shop. I was told that she was the owner and if I had any question to call and ask. Well, the very next day the snake was dead, I called Amazon that afternoon and talked to a man named (he said he was Angela's boyfriend) he told me that Angela stepped out. I told him of the snakes death and to my surprise he told me that all sales are final. I was shocked at that news the next day I called again and another man answered the phone, I ask him for the owner and was told that "Tom" was not in but the manager Angela was there but with a customer. I told him that she was the owner and was corrected with "She does not own the store, she is a employee" and was ask to call back. I found this very strange so I started to call some other store in that area and was informed that Angela was the manager of the snake pit and was fired for stealing from the owner. The people I talked to have stores or work in the pet trade, they all said that Angela has been telling people that she owns Amazon but in fact owns nothing. Needless to say they are not going to replace my snake. But after all I have been told I think I will take my lumps, After all it seems that everyone connected with Amazon lies, The manager says that she is the owner and her employees tell people that she lies. I want everyone in the Tampa Bay area to beware of buying From Amazon Reptiles. Oh and the burm it was a w.c.

Old 10-11-2002, 01:46 PM   #6
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Shelly,

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. One thing I can say, that store DOES sell wild caught animals and if I am not mistaken most of the animals at the store are imported or wild caught animal.( I could be wrong, but I doubt it). spam_It is sad that she went to those extremes of telling lies and such just to make a $50 sale, and then when it died over night would not even replace it. spam_I will say this (it won't help you but it might help others) this site is a great tool and this information will protect others in the future.

Old 10-11-2002, 06:09 PM   #7
Adam Block
Shelly, I'm sorry to hear about that as well.  The morals of sellers are getting lower and lower.  In any event, I'm not sure of your situation or why you're looking for the snake you are but telling me the snake was for your son struck a nerve with me.  I don't want anybody to have a bad taste in their mouth when it comes to snakes so I'll offer this.

If your son wants or likes either a Bairds rat or Ghost corn you're welcome to one free of charge if you'll put $20 towards shipping.  You can email me at adamblock@comcast.net if you want to know more about either or their care.

I'm sorry this happend and good luck,
Adam Block
www.impactreptiles.com

Old 10-11-2002, 06:31 PM   #8
josie arnold
tim,i know the owner of amazon reptiles and if he says ok i will tell you how to get a hold of him...i will ask him for his permission to give you his email.....i hope you dont believe what you was told about me and my shop.i run a clean store my animals are very well taken care of but i would like it if you would email me and tell me exactly what was said about my self and store....and shelley i will give you a variable king snake baby for free come by my store if ya like they make good pets for kids...i also have c.b baby burmese and i do breed them along with alot of other reptiles.....its a shame that some places dont care how they do business.....
sorry again

josie

Old 10-11-2002, 06:34 PM   #9
Neil Gubitz
When I first read this thread, I was shocked! So, Angie.... when did you buy Amazon?? Does Tom know you are now the owner?? I kinda doubt it! You're really kidding, right??
Above all.... how could you possibly tell someone that all sales are final when the WILD CAUGHT Burm didn't last the night?? Didn't I teach you anything?? Or are you just trying to do everything diametrically opposite to the way I TAUGHT YOU to do it?? If that's the case, you're doing a very poor job!

For the rest of you who might be curious.... this is PART of an email I received this morning telling me of SOME of the things Angie told this guy at the Tampa Show.... this stuff is CHOICE!

START OF EMAIL...
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">
Neil - I can't allow your email snippet to remain. &nbsp;It is equivalent to an anonymous posting, even being third party. &nbsp;It is accusing Angie of saying certain things and no one is taking responsibility for what they are saying they heard and repeating to you.

WebSlave
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
END OF EMAIL....

That last line is the funniest thing I've ever heard!! Had I actually done that.... knowing her.... I'd be in JAIL by now! ....Neil

Never-the-less.... I wish you well in your "new" business!

Old 10-11-2002, 06:44 PM   #10
Arboreals of the Rainforest
Welcome Back!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!