Bad Guy Jasonturtles954... Really ? - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #31
flavomarginata
!0-4.. over and out! Have a great day!

Old 08-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
treeboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I'm also going to intervene, but on the other sideline discussion (I had included this in an earlier post; but decided to wait until it became an issue). The BOI is not the place for a prolonged debate/discussion on the capture of wild turtles. Feel free to discuss that, and all the pros, cons, ethical issues, and legalities, in an appropriate discussion area.
I know this is going to piss you off, but isn't this all the thread was ever about? Take that away and you've just got a warning about a guy who didn't lie, cheat, or steal from anybody. I think that was our point in the beginning when we got a warning.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #33
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboa View Post
I know this is going to piss you off, but isn't this all the thread was ever about? Take that away and you've just got a warning about a guy who didn't lie, cheat, or steal from anybody. I think that was our point in the beginning when we got a warning.
The point is, this is a BOI thread about Jasonturtles954 not a discussion thread for general viewpoints on the legalities or ethics of field collecting turtles. There are discussion forums on this site and general discussion of such should go there.

Did anyone alert Jasonturtles954 to this thread?

Without the user coming to post his 'intention' it's speculation on our parts and the OP did what they felt was needed by putting this warning thread up.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:34 PM   #34
AbsoluteApril
Also I didn't mean to speak for Harald with my post but these are general rules for the BOI.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880

Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #35
treeboa
Quote:
Originally Posted by flavomarginata View Post
The problem lies in removal of the turtle from the wild. Perhaps he keeps it? Perhaps he sells it? Perhaps he eats it? Doesn't matter! The wild population has suffered a loss. I am well aware of the fact that wc animals are bought and sold for the pet trade. The impact of the removal of some types of turtles in Florida will be minimal. But the removal of one specimen of others could be devastating.

Florida has laws about possession and collection of some types of turtles. Did his ad indicate that he was not interested in buying those? To the ordinary person... a sea turtle is an aquatic turtle.. did his ad indicate that he is not interested in those?

In summary, you have accurately indicated that we do not know of "Jason's" intentions... but we do know that he solicited the removal of "wild turtles" without any restrictions on type.. protected or not.
Here is the OP's reasoning for the thread. His personal feelings about wild caught turtles. How do this have any bearing on business dealings? The OP wanted the post removed for ethical reasons, period.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #36
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post

I just sent him an email, April.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #37
RichsBallPythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeboa View Post
I noticed she's from Illinois, too. I think all the neighboring states to me here in Michigan have similar laws that ban all commercial collecting of reptiles, especially turtles. It's illegal to even touch or "harass" most turtles here. She may have thought Florida's laws were similar.
Nope Michigan allows commercial collection of certain turtles and snappers with properl icenses.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #38
jasonturtles954
hello everyone i am the bad guy huh? well just so u knw i dont have alligator snapping turtles i was gnna buy and sell them so i put a ad up to see if they will sell they didnt so i didnt buy them i have no illegal turtles i have a permit for my red eared sliders so go ahead and report nothing going happen cuz i am not doing nothing wrong so bottom line is nothing going i am going keep buying legal turtles and go on with my life and dont harass ppl online like all u guys bye

Old 08-27-2013, 07:55 PM   #39
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril
I sent him a PM - as a response to his ad - with a link to this thread, right after I asked that the first time (around 2:30 this afternoon).
He's viewing now...

Old 08-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #40
hhmoore
(Stupid WiFi failure let him sneak in ahead of me)

Advertising animals that you don't even have is a practice that many think poorly of, Jason...especially when the ad is for animals that would be illegal for you to sell.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!