Bad Guy Jasonturtles954... Really ? - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #51
Karma Kritters
One problem with his ad is that it is illegal in Florida to buy any reptile from anyone who does not have a class three permit. When we had our store we could not even buy back snakes we had sold unless the customer got a permit from the state first or we could be fined. Florida does not tend to inforce it much on the private individual selling a pet but when you solicit the purchase of wild caught reptiles you may end up with an undercover trying to sell you something.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #52
Kida
I know a lot of people had issues with this being a bad guy thread, but I agree with the OP. Despite my personal feelings about taking animals from their natural habitat for sale or personal pet. This deserves a bad guy thread if for no other reason than that he is encouraging the potentially uneducated (many, many people are unaware of FWC laws down here) people to go out and perform an illegal act. I wouldnt have had such an issue with the add (again, regardless of my personal feelings toward what he's doing) if there was a link or a copy of the FWC regulations attached.

"Wildlife regulations (68A-25.002(9) Florida Administrative Code) allow turtles to be taken manually or by baited hooks, bow, dip nets, traps so designed that any freshwater fish taken therein may escape, or by spearing only during daylight hours. They prohibit bucket traps, snares, and shooting with firearms for taking turtles. No person shall buy, sell, or possess for sale any alligator snapping turtle, box turtle, Barbour's map turtle, Escambia River map turtle, diamondback terrapin, river cooter, or loggerhead musk turtle, or parts thereof. No person shall possess more than two Barbour's map turtles, two Escambia River map turtles, two diamondback terrapins, two river cooters, two box turtles, two loggerhead musk turtles, or one alligator snapping turtle unless authorized by permit from the executive director. River cooters may not be taken from 15 April to 31 July. In addition, no softshell turtles nor their eggs may be taken from the wild during the period 1 May to 31 July, and no person shall possess more than 50 eggs taken from the wild in the aggregate of species of freshwater turtle native to Florida except as authorized by permit from the Executive Director."

I know someone posted this early on, but as you can see, there is not a lot of wiggle room here when collecting. And many species are illegal to collect at all. I'm sure there are a lot of people who will simply assume that it's legal just because of his ad, and wont bother to search the laws. So ya, he deserves a bad guy thread. Attach an FWC link, or copy the rules to your add, and that will solve most of the issue.

Also, really? You're selling an animal that you first say you have, then you dont, but either way is illegal for you to sell. And you dont know why people are having an issue with that? And saying that your family is in law enforcement is like me telling you my friend is in law enforcement. So what? Doesnt mean that you never do anything illegal. And quite frankly bringing that up just makes you look guilty. But that's just my two cents.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:23 PM   #53
justatwinturbo
Here's the deal with this guy...he's a kid. But....a kid that has been a thorn in the side of this hobby for several months now. He has been banned from a couple turtle forums, and still creeps on others, occassionally asking the same stupid nonsense over and over again. The WC debate will go on until we're all blue in the face, and I'm not touching that. However this kid is catching adult Red eared sliders, and cooters, and keeping them in 10 gallon tanks, trying to get them (especially the red ears) to breed and lay eggs so he can sell them. After countless times of me telling him he's keeping his animals in horrible conditions, tiny tanks, and soupy brown water, it seems as though he's moved on to 20 longs, and bathtubs...but with the same nasty water.

On to the snapping turtles, he posted on one forum asking the value of a pair of adult snapping turtles, to which I explained the FL laws to him, and then said what an adult pair could potentially be worth. Then a couple days later, he posted his ad, to which you can see I posted a 'gotcha' comment. He then swiftly took it to Facebook, and lashed out. There are screen shots below, which I have not edited...there is some language, but I'm sure none of you would be surprised by that. Come to find out, the same exact turtles...including the same picture...were posted by another person. Initially I assumed it was Jason, using a different name. Maybe I scared him..idk? Come to find out, there was a Craigslist post by this person, to which Jason responded to. He planned on selling them before buying them. Knowing this guy, I'm sure they would have been duct taped, stuffed in a box, and shipped usps snail mail.

As you can see in these screen shots, he has blocked me. (his name is black, and I cannot see his photo) This is due to the fact that today, on Facebook, he posted a video of some very large sliders in his bathtub fighting, and asked "what are my turtles doing". I'm pretty sure, just about anyone can tell that they're fighting...except this guy. So I called him an idiot, told him to put them back where he found them, and told him to stick to hamsters.

Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong..but it is illegal to breed and sell red ears in Florida. He has asked countless times how to breed them, if they're breeding, how to incubate them, (this one is great) what incubator to use so that he doesnt have to do any work, and how much they're worth. Anyways, enough talking..enjoy the pics.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:28 PM   #54
justatwinturbo
here is the link to the other thread. I spoke to her in PM, apparently her father died, and these were his turtles that she was trying to sell. I apologized for the misunderstanding, and assuming there were ties between the 2, and explained the laws there.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=418150

Old 08-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #55
jasonturtles954
u knw what i dont understand all u ppl are harassing a kid and none of u got balls to call me and talk just shit behind a computer

Old 08-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #56
laterob
Seems like many have tried to help you, too?

Old 08-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #57
jasonturtles954
u knw what i dont understand all u ppl are harassing a kid and none of u got balls to call me and talk just shit behind a computer

Old 08-29-2013, 12:20 AM   #58
justatwinturbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
Seems like many have tried to help you, too?
Very many

Old 08-29-2013, 12:23 AM   #59
justatwinturbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturtles954 View Post
I'm pretty sure I told you, I was going to be at the daytona reptile expo, if you wanted to come talk in person. Theres a wealth of knowledge at your disposal, and instead you choose to be an ignorant little prick, and ignore what everyone tries to tell you.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #60
laterob
...currently doing a search using 'mud turtle'. Well, kiddo, when you are ready to do it right, there are plenty here who'll help you. In the meantime, why don't you get yourself to a reptile show like was suggested?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!