Bad Guy FRAUD ALERT: ERIC IVINS, SOUTH CENTRAL HERPETOLOGICAL - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:45 AM   #61
Ron Meddings
Update:
Paypal closed my claim today. Eric never responded.....big surprise. Thank God for Paypal. If I ever feel compelled to be dump enough to buy something I've never seen from someone I don't know, I will use Paypal. Internet research on SCH was no help.

I said I would post my entire experience here once my claim was closed, but so many people have come forward since with the same scenario that I feel Eric's character has been well established. If he ever surfaces again I am sure it will be under a different name. If anyone thinks it still would be helpful to post my experience let me know and I will make good on my word and let Eric read it first to make sure it is 100% accurate.
Ron

Old 04-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #62
misthold
Note time and date..---- I am still waiting... sigh.. myself.. not a response to my e-mail yesterday either.. Will see how the initial timeline by paypal over the dispute is addressed.. I did as a respect out of their concerns as ok simple solution.. no risk for anyone refund please..

Don't get it.. two people at least are happy to provide some evidence for peer review..
not to mention some Serious claims but the OP for waiting a YEAR, and then getting insufficient funds claims going.. Nothing.. no comment no response
Really what the heck!!..

Old 04-19-2014, 07:06 AM   #63
Ron Allen
If you want to know who is dropshipping from another location it'll cost you $5. It has been a reliable tool for me. Subscribe to strictly's list. These jokers post animals for sale within days or even hours of their arrival. I think you will find the "availability" startlingly familiar. What initially tipped me off, I purchased some snakes from a local "dealer" who posted lots for sale.. Rather than meet me at or near his address posted on fauna, he chose Stirling Rd. What is on Stirling Road? Strictly Reptile. Elementary dear Watson. So yeah these guys post Strictly's (and other wholesaler's)availability. Problem is Strictly sells out before the "dealer" gets enough orders to make the drive down. A happy side effect, you will know how much $ they are gouging you for as well.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:26 AM   #64
markpulawski
Ron that doesn't always mean Strictly though in your case no doubt it did but when the exporters begin to fill orders usually they have a ton of animals which can go to several importers. If animals are available one place you can usually find them at others and then when an import shows up you find several people on Kingsnake offering the same thing...sorry for the derail, just wanted to expand on Ron's statement a bit. Some importers do get exclusives on certain things but usually depending on what it is they will sell off stock to the other importers to get like animals from them.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #65
Ron Allen
Mark, that is why I said "Strictly's (and other wholesaler's)availability." Strickly is the only list easily publicly available.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:24 AM   #66
Ron Meddings
importers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Allen View Post
If you want to know who is dropshipping from another location it'll cost you $5. It has been a reliable tool for me. Subscribe to strictly's list. These jokers post animals for sale within days or even hours of their arrival. I think you will find the "availability" startlingly familiar. What initially tipped me off, I purchased some snakes from a local "dealer" who posted lots for sale.. Rather than meet me at or near his address posted on fauna, he chose Stirling Rd. What is on Stirling Road? Strictly Reptile. Elementary dear Watson. So yeah these guys post Strictly's (and other wholesaler's)availability. Problem is Strictly sells out before the "dealer" gets enough orders to make the drive down. A happy side effect, you will know how much $ they are gouging you for as well.
Really interesting stuff. That would explain why so many of these "importers" can not ever provide pictures of the animals they supposedly have for sale. I have asked several of them for pics and they just ignore me....as if I was wise to there game. Funny thing is I was not and their non response just made me think they were flakes. So there are not as many actual importers out there as we/I might think ? Can I deal directly with Strictly's ? Are there other importers that are as good or better ?
Ron

Old 04-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #67
hhmoore
How about sticking to the topic, and not advertising for other wholesalers in a BOI thread, gentlemen.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #68
markpulawski
This should be on offline conversation but yes you should be able to buy from them. Developing a relationship with someone you can trust to hand pick stuff is the best of circumstances.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:44 AM   #69
misthold
My Paypal dispute timeline came, and the SCH did choose to not dispute it and I did get my refund.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:56 PM   #70
Daves_Dragons
I placed an order with SCH back on March 12th. Received half of my order two weeks ago with an email saying they did not know why only the half the order was packed but would ship the following week. Still have not received the second half of my order nor have they responded to any of my emails or phone calls. I now have a claim filed with PayPal. Hopefully will get a refund.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!