Bad Guy Andrew Schnell - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:44 AM   #31
Kita
Continuing posts
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2015, 12:46 AM   #32
Kita
First is one of the photos sent by Andrew as seen in the conversation and the two together were taken in January of the same gecko by the people that currently own her at Island Giants.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2015, 03:14 PM   #33
Spujol26
I completed a business transaction with Andrew over the course of the last month and everything was all said and done about a week ago. In my case though, I was the seller. Andrew contacted me about some Lesser's I had, he bought all the females I had left. BTW he paid in full over PayPal with no issue. I postponed the shipping because of the weather and didn't want to put the babies at risk for extreme temps and Andrew was 100% ok with that. I will say this, his response time was a bit lengthy because he works odd hours. But even then, he ALWAYS responded and everything else went over smoothly.

Just before getting ready to ship his order, he inquired about some other snakes I had and asked if I was able to find a specific animal for him. So I ended up selling him another one of my own animals as well as two others from a friend. To avoid shipping twice, I held off shipping until I had added snakes in my care. Andrew was 100% fine with this as well. Again, he paid this second order in full.

Shipping day finally came, I shipped, he received, and says he is happy with his order. I have had no issues with him at all nor the bank in regards to his money. With that being said, I am very picky when I buy animals and have plenty of local, trustworthy friends that I can pick stuff up from, so Idk about purchasing from him. But I will definitely sell without an issue.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #34
dsimons
I have kept reptiles for over twenty five years, Which means that I have had dealings with hundreds of breeders in every niche of the hobby. Over the last two years I have developed a love of Rhacodactylus Leachianus. Once you do research on Giant Geckos there are a few names that you read and hear in almost every conversation. Andrew Schnell is one of them. Because of that I reached out to him to purchase a animal. You can read the conversation above of how it all happened in Panjaks post. It is very unfortunate that he is taking advantage of people because it hurts current and future breeders reputations when trying to sell an animal that is in a relatively higher priced corner of the herper hobby. With that being said anyone who decides to purchase from him, heed this warning. "Buyer Beware!"

Old 01-30-2015, 11:42 AM   #35
KandE_Geckos
Warning to Andrew

Andrew, you cannot conduct business in this manner it's unprofessional and just plain wrong. I have a pretty good reputation in the hobby thus far and did not want to go public with our transaction however seeing this thread seriously concerns me.

To the Mods, this would be the first time I would be asking for a negative BOI so I am unsure if I need to start a new thread or continue this one.

Andrew posted on Facebook some Ball Pythons with the clown gene which I commented on. Having some prior dealings with him, he sent me a message regarding an Enchi Clown female (that wasn't pictured on Facebook but only via PM) and we agreed on a transaction totaling $1800.00 which was to include and additional $50 for shipping in colder weather which Andrew assured me he could do. After sending him the funds $900 the first night and the final $900 the next day we agreed to have the snake shipped within 2 weeks. The first week went by and we touched base to schedule shipping and Andrew said he would get back to me after checking his schedule. He then neglected to do so (which we all get busy so I wasn't concerned right away). I did however shoot a text over to him Monday and he failed to respond. My concern was that I wanted the shipping taken care of Wednesday for delivery Thursday because I knew that the Memphis FedEx hub was having good weather and I wanted to take advantage to get the snake here safely. I sent a second text Tuesday with no response. Then finally Wednesday I asked for the transaction to be cancelled because of the lack of communication. I never got an answer stating it was going to take longer or anything... just pure silence. I have asked that PayPal get involved however there still has been no communication from Andrew regarding the matter. I really don't want or need the drama, I just want business to be held to the correct standard. I'm not about to just lose almost $2K because he is having issues or whatever. I simply want my money back since he could not hold up his end of the deal.

I can provide all screen shots of the communication and back up my claim but again I'm not sure if just continuing this thread is correct or if I need to start a new one.

Thomas

Old 01-30-2015, 12:55 PM   #36
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by KandE_Geckos View Post
I can provide all screen shots of the communication and back up my claim but again I'm not sure if just continuing this thread is correct or if I need to start a new one.
It's fine (and preferred) to continue in existing threads. Please make sure to use the manage attachment function to post the screenshots.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:50 PM   #37
seanleigh
About a month ago me and Andrew agreed upon a trade plus cash on my end. I would be trading for a pinstripe female and would also be paying $200. I sent the $200 over immediately and we agreed we would ship in spring when shipping weather was available. I asked if I could get some update pictures and got no response.

About a week later I got a response saying that they would get pictures for me that day but I never got any pictures.

Another couple weeks went by and I inquired about the pictures, but no response. Thats when I started hearing about the scamming and the not responding and I started getting uneasy. I asked the BOI-Reptile Feedback group on Facebook if I should go through with the deal and they said go with my gut, and if I was uncomfortable with the deal I should call it off. I decided it was best to call it off since there seemed to be so many bad things popping up about him.

I messaged him on Facebook (January 22 at 10:30 am) saying I wanted a refund since I didn't feel comfortable with the deal, and got no response back (although the message was read at 10:52). Thats when someone on the Facebook BOI group messaged me saying how they were trying to get a refund, and the best way to contact him was through email. So i sent him an email (at 4:48) saying how I didn't feel comfortable with it and if nothing were to be done by the end of the week (Sunday January 25), I would start a conflict with paypal. I got a response back almost immediately (at 4:56) saying that he would send it as soon as he got off work. I was up until 2am and no refund, but I figured I would just go to sleep and see if it showed up the next day.

The next day came (January 23), and still no refund so I messaged him that evening (at 5:14) saying I never got the refund and asked if something had happened. He, again, responded almost immediately (at 5:27) apologizing about how he came home and fell asleep immediately and that he would get it to me that night since he got off earlier. I again waited and still no refund.

The next day (January 24) i decided that I would message him one more time that evening reminding him again that he had until the end of Sunday, January 25 before I took action.

I had just gotten home that evening (January 24) and was about to send him an email when I got an email from paypal saying that I had been refunded $200. I sent him an email saying thank you for the refund, and that was the end of it.

I thought I would share this since I know he's refunded some people and not refunded others. I think the best way to communicate with him is through email (the same one you sent the money to with paypal) since he seems to respond immediately, while with Facebook it takes him weeks to respond. I didn't really feel that I needed to post screenshots, but I can if it is needed (I have screenshots of all the emails sent between us and the Facebook messages as well as the paypal refund email). My advice would be to email him, and give him a deadline for the refund. That way he either sends it on his own, or he has to worry about you taking action and possibly freezing his paypal account (and possibly his bank account depending on how you take action). I think he has a lot of personal issues going on right now and thats why he hasn't been responding and people haven't been getting their refunds (although thats no excuse since there are some things he has done that are inexcusable like sending pictures of animals that have already been sold and not responding to people when he has quite a bit of their money).

The only excuse that I can think of it that he spent the money already, so he is trying to sell stuff that way he can pay back the people asking for refunds, and he is ignoring the people he recently got money from since he is giving their money to the people who asked for refunds a while ago hoping the recent people won't take action yet (if that makes any sense). I think he tried scamming people with pictures of leachies he already sold because he started getting desperate and/or ran out of animals to sell and needed the money to refund all the people asking for refunds (even though that would mean he hadnt thought ahead very much).

Whatever the case is, I'm very sorry for those of you who haven't gotten your refunds yet Like I said, I would try emailing him since that seems to be the fastest way of getting ahold of him. I also have him cell #, so if you would like to try calling him PM me and I can give you his number (I dont want to post it here since I dont want people calling and harassing him. That wont help at all…)

Old 01-30-2015, 03:19 PM   #38
KandE_Geckos
Screen shots

Here are most of the screen shots from our conversation... hopefully I have uploaded this properlyDoc1.pdf

Old 01-30-2015, 05:37 PM   #39
Merissa
Andrew Schnell

This is my first post here, and it's due to I've had Andre Schnell do me wrong.

On 1/5/14, a group member in a Facebook group I admin for posted that her friend (Andrew) was doing a 20% off sale on Pangea gecko diet. I messaged him with my order and paid via PayPal.

I wait about a week and message via Facebook him asking if he's sent out my order, no answer. A few days later I message him again and he says he's sorry that they were stuck at a reptile show due to the weather. Okay that's fine, he agrees to send it out the next day.

Couple days go by without the package, so I text him. He explained his girlfriend was in the hospital and he apologized for not sending it out. He said he would send it out soon. On Tuesday 1/20 he said it was packaged and ready to send.

Nothing came... On Monday 1/26 I texted him asking if he planned to send it out, and if not I wanted a refund. I told him I expected a response to that text.

He never responded. Tuesday 1/27 I sent a request for a refund to him on PayPal, and sent him a text letting him know I've done so.

Today 1/30, I still haven't received any refund nor communication from him.

A few days back I had a group member message me, and ask if I ordered from Andrew as well. I told him I had and he told me a story about Andrew not shipping his out, and also stopped communicating back on 1/20 like he did with me.

We all work hard for our money and I find this whole situation outrageous... He had a good review everywhere I had looked so I felt I could trust him.

Old 01-30-2015, 11:27 PM   #40
zombiehun
My story is near same as Marissa's. Ordered Pangea on 05JAN15, waited 10 days later to inquire about my order via FB, no response. Emailed him a couple days later as he never read the FB pm. I get a response and he asks for my info again and he would be mailing my order that week. I advised him should he not send a tracking no. I would be filing a PayPal dispute come that following Sunday (being the 25th). No responses, no proof of shipment, now its the 30th and no Pangea and I filed my dispute when promised. I asked my FB group I'm a member of if anybody else got their Pangea order. Nobody has heard from Andrew and no Pangea.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!