Bad Guy Ripped off by Lisa Apramian in San Diego - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #71
Pasodama
Lisa,
It was very clear that Robert wanted his $300 returned to him.
Had you returned his money, earlier, or at least reached out to him, this thread, and circumstances, would not have escalated.

Robert, as requested, by Lucille, please let us know if you received Lisa's payment (return of your money).

~~~~

Old 12-07-2016, 02:48 PM   #72
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralawakening View Post
I always assume people are inherently good
This, coming from someone who insisted I send a photo of putting an envelope in the mail. Then who proceeds to accuse me of not mailing it. Then doesn't even have the courtesy to let me know it did, in fact, arrive.

I don't think you would have done the right thing if it weren't for this thread. I may be wrong, but I can live with that.

Shame on Robert?!! Right back at ya'.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:01 PM   #73
Pasodama
Forgot to mention that, earlier in this thread when you first responded and with knowing Robert wanted his money back, you indicated, in not so many words, that the money was not going to be returned. Also that Robert would have to wait, an undetermined amount of time, before you did anything (such as, per your words, sending him the snake).
Stating you would send the snake, to Robert, "who knows when", by your sole decision. Knowing he just wanted his money back.
There was little reason, to no reason, to have faith in you.
Then, you did not even contact him, privately, when you left this thread.
That is not how good business works.

With this, and more, it seems to me that it is your own actions/inactions that you have to blame for any, again, "escalation".

~~~~

Old 12-07-2016, 04:50 PM   #74
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
In post 6 Lisa says there might be 5-10 mites on the snake. By post 25, that had morphed into moth eggs in the lights. Not even a plausible lie, but if she is still trying to sell snakes she might not want potential customers to hear about a mite problem.

One would think Lisa would be eager to post proof of the alleged multiple vet visits to make sure that her potential customers don't worry about mites.

Old 12-07-2016, 05:06 PM   #75
Stender_JA
How were you able to refund his money by paypal, when you stated to them that you don't use paypal? How would you have known his paypal address?

Old 12-07-2016, 05:45 PM   #76
Morelia House
Hey guys,

I've been following along on this post a bit and purposely waited untill the financial issues were resolved before posting. I undstand that this specific transaction was far from smooth and I do understand how it looks from the outside in. I know Lisa and I do consider her a friend. The only thing that I can comment on is her husbandry and the care that she gives her animals. I have been to her home and had the pleasure of working with all of her animals. I have assisted her with cage cleaning and I know her collection well. I can attest to the fact that she is extremely thorough when it comes to her cleaning and husbandry. I was invited to her home after she was afraid that she may have had mites during the time that was disclosed to the original person that was interested in the rainbow and I found nothing. I also assisted in a detailed cleaning and provent a mite treatment of her whole collection for preventative measures at that time. I absolutely understand that her not refunding the $28 for the cancellation of the check was cause for a bit of scrutiny on this thread. To play Devils advocate though would it not have been much worse first her to send an animal that she believed had mites just as many other sellers have throughout this BOI? Her upfront honesty should at least be noted in a positive fashion. As far as her dealings with Robert were concerned things certainly could have been done differently in terms of comunication. I'm glad that his money was returned and all has been settled. I do not belive that she had any I'll intentions in this transaction and really did just want to make sure the animal was in top condition before shipping. That being said givin the time frame that this has taken if it were my own animal I can't say that I wouldn't have had a similar view. I hope now that things have been resolved between the party's involved this thread will chill out a bit.

Brandon Wheeler

Old 12-07-2016, 05:55 PM   #77
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia House View Post
I'm glad that his money was returned and all has been settled.
We have not heard from Robert Seib so we do not know if the money has been returned, and Jason has reminded us that Lisa says she does not use Paypal. And there are no vet papers proving that her snakes have no mites and are 'disease free' (I pointed out that it would be difficult for a vet to say that).

I'm sorry, your say so about the mites is not enough for me after all that she has said here. And I don't believe for a second that if she actually did leave the country, that Greece has no telephones or computers where she could have notified Robert.
There is too much fishy stuff. And to tell Robert he 'doesn't deserve' the snake? She can't even follow through with a business transaction. I think people should read this thread and think very carefully about whether they would want to do business with her.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #78
Morelia House
Once again do feel that she dropped the ball if the form of communication. I do not disagree with that at all. Lisa has sent me a screen shot of her payment to Robert so I am confident that the transaction is complete. I am the one who came over to her house to take care of her animals while she was out of thre country so I can give my personal word (which I take very seriously) that her trip did indeed happen. During that time I reevaluated her collection for mites and found nothing but per her request performed another treatment. I am only here to state facts as I personally know them. Not to argue or cover for anything. Once again things should have been having died differently in this transaction and I absolutely understand that.

Old 12-07-2016, 06:05 PM   #79
Morelia House
Sorry for all the mistakes in the last post... #autocorrect

Old 12-07-2016, 06:08 PM   #80
Lucille
We should be hearing from Robert Seib soon then. She evidently was fibbing about not using Paypal. Lisa alleged her collection had been seen and cleared by 'multiple vets'. If that is true, she should have proof and can post it. If she is lying, she will be unable to post proof.

I do not consider this matter resolved until Robert has said he has received the refund, and the vet papers are posted.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!