Mike Clark (serpentboy78)=BAD GUY! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:34 PM   #1
DavidBeard
Thumbs down Mike Clark (serpentboy78)=BAD GUY!

Mike Clark (aka serpentboy78) has ripped me off. We recently made a deal consisting of a trade of Mike's Arizona Amountain Kingsnake in exchange for a pair of Mexican Milksnakes I had for sale. Mike initiated the trade, so we agreed for him to ship first....I received the Kingsnake on Wednesday, January 12. Upon arrival, the snake appeared very skinny.....after the snake had warmed up, it was showing signs of sickness such as lethargy, motor skill inhibitation, and the inability to right itself if turned on its back. I informed Mike immediately of my displeasure.

Mike assured me the snake would be fine, and I trusted his word. The King died on Saturday, 3 days later. Mike received 2 100% healthy and honestly represented snakes and I received a deathbound, sickly animal. Mike has refused any and all resolution in this matter and has basically got 2 snakes from me for free.

I do not recommend him for anyone who wishes to do honest business.
If you would like more information on this matter, check out this thread, that Mike started shortly after I contacted him privately about the snake's condition:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...93&page=1&pp=5

Old 01-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #2
kelly2
Thumbs up I beg to differ

Mike is no bad guy. I'll keep this 1 short & sweet. I have followed this all the way through. Mike aka serpentboy78 is not a bad guy. Just had a bad deal and these ppl just can NOT stand the fact that Mike did not bow down and he stood is ground. Mike have no worries. Kelly Andrews

Old 01-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #3
DavidBeard
Reading comprehension must not be a strong area for you Kelly. Whatever transactions YOU and Mike may have had has nothing to do with my experience. To say that because YOU had good deals with him and that negates my experience is utterly assinine.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #4
reptilebreeder
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly2
Mike is no bad guy. I'll keep this 1 short & sweet. I have followed this all the way through. Mike aka serpentboy78 is not a bad guy. Just had a bad deal and these ppl just can NOT stand the fact that Mike did not bow down and he stood is ground. Mike have no worries. Kelly Andrews
It never seems to amaze me, how people put their personal feelings above objective reasoning. just had a bad deal? oh no biggy. what do you think makes a "bad guy". How they handle their customers is what makes a person a good or bad guy. Not the type of snakes they sell, not how much they sell them for, not who they know, it's how they handle their customers.

For you to just blow this situation off, lets everyone know that indeed ethics don't mean anything to some people. Since I don't know either party I tried to stay "unbiased" on the original thread and just base my opinion on the photos, and the handling of the situation by the 2 parties involved, but as it winds down, I now feel Seamus (on the other thread) has pretty much called it about right.

I hesitated to bring it up in the first thread, because I wanted it to stand alone and see how it was resolved, fact of the matter is, I see the start of a pattern with serpentboy78, aka the "Dan Scalaro (Ben siegal employee) is a bad guy" thread. The pattern;
1. Sending a snake in poor shape, Pyro in this related thread, Coral snake in the other, snake arrives dead or near death, buyer immediatly complains, serpentboy78 in both instances "I sent a perfectly good snake, you killed it or are trying to scam me" to paraphrase.
2. Serpentboy78 quickly shoots out a "preemptive" bad guy post with a lot of hyperbole and exclamations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and information that should not be included ie. Bens name should not have been in the other thread.
3. snake is witnessed near death or dead at arrival or shortly there after, in David's thread by the guy who came over to photograph it, in the other thread by Ben himself.
4. The eyewitness accounts are ignored or disregarded by him, in the Dan thread even though Ben stated it was dead and didn't look good, he could not state for a fact how long it had been dead, therefore summarily dismissed as the victim was stating it arrived dead and Ben's statement wasn't clear enough proof that it arrived dead. In current thread, it was disregarded I guess just because the guy is a friend and not someone well known.

As far as your "Mike have no worries" the sad thing is it's probably true. Sure there will be many who will no longer buy from said person, but it will probably be countered by people who could care less about ethics or the right thing to do, and could give a rats behind, as long as they get a cheap snake.

Old 01-17-2005, 10:56 PM   #5
chaotic9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly2
you're right about one thing kelly, he did have a bad deal. and if he took care of it like serpentMAN and paid david back for a bad deal, instead of standing his ground and being serpentBOY, perhaps this post wouldnt be here. he had every opportunity to make right on this transaction. but he didnt want to do that.

Old 01-17-2005, 11:05 PM   #6
DavidBeard
Quote:
For you to just blow this situation off, lets everyone know that indeed ethics don't mean anything to some people.
I couldn't agree more. Its sad that some people have this kind of outlook on things.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:05 AM   #7
serpentboy78
Arrow I'll say this once....

Reptilebreeder I never st8ed nor did I start a Bad guy thread on david. The heading of the thread read "David Beard send me "my" snake!!!!!! not David beard = bad guy...... I'll briefly address the dan matter... He was paid for the snakes in full bottom line.... I never saw a photo still have not. & the only reason I paid him is because of Ben being an eye witness.. I have absolutely no reason to doubt his word. now these other 2 kids I do.. By what I have been told & emailed about david aka "bubba"spanx ..... David all you had to do was ship my snake back or even say hey I dont feel comfortable shipping him again,but no.... remember what your emails said..? & Chaotic9.... kid give it a rest... dont your fingers get tired bro? Do you have a social life? Outside the internet? .... Pe@ce....... Mike Clark

Old 01-18-2005, 12:12 AM   #8
DavidBeard
Mike, you can doubt my word all you want, but the FACT is that the snake you sent me is DEAD...the pics prove that.

How are the snakes you got from me doing? Are they skinny? Are they unhealthy in any way whatsoever? I didn't think so.

Laugh it up dude, but you're the one who looks like the bad guy here, and you have nobody but yourself to blame. Like Dan said, why don't you stop being serpentBOY and be a MAN.

Why do you keep bringing up that people have e-mailed you saying negative things about me? What bearing does that have here? I'll give you a hint:....NONE. What are they saying? Who are they? Have they done business with me before? You are talking out of your rear just to save face, which isn't working by the way.

And to think you criticized me for not having a transport permit, yet you have shipped a VENOMOUS SNAKE VIA THE USPS!!!! An old saying about people in glass houses somes to mind....

Old 01-18-2005, 12:14 AM   #9
chaotic9
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentboy78
Reptilebreeder I never st8ed nor did I start a Bad guy thread on david. The heading of the thread read "David Beard send me "my" snake!!!!!! not David beard = bad guy...... I'll briefly address the dan matter... He was paid for the snakes in full bottom line.... I never saw a photo still have not. & the only reason I paid him is because of Ben being an eye witness.. I have absolutely no reason to doubt his word. now these other 2 kids I do.. By what I have been told & emailed about david aka "bubba"spanx ..... David all you had to do was ship my snake back or even say hey I dont feel comfortable shipping him again,but no.... remember what your emails said..? & Chaotic9.... kid give it a rest... dont your fingers get tired bro? Do you have a social life? Outside the internet? .... Pe@ce....... Mike Clark
perhaps you should check your post again, joseph, err mike. you put a big thumbs down for him, which is what you do for a bad guy thread.

as for being an eye witness, what do you think i am? i took pics of the unhealthy animal you sold to david. i held it. i examined it. and i told you what i thought about it. i didnt wait for the snake to die and then say "ya know, i thought there was something wrong with that snake" i told you right after i saw it.

i got your "kid", joseph. and "i ain't your bro." and it's after midnight here and i'm finishing up some work i had to do. so yeah, i'm still online. and i'm still noticing you haven't addressed the fact that i outright called you a LIAR and you have nothing to say about it. It's because it's the truth, and you proved it to everyone reading the other thread. Look at all the hits that thread has produced.

I looked around a lot for stuff about you on here. and i'm surprised to see a lot of good. you seemed like someone that would make good on a bad deal. but somehow, you neglected this one. i'd do some thinking about it, mike.

Old 01-18-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
DavidBeard
Mike just messaged me on AIM....here is the convo we had:

Serpentboy78: hey buddy how are ya..?
David R Beard: oh, I'm GREAT
Serpentboy78: glad to hear it..
Serpentboy78: i figuered i'd im you because i know you want to say some things to me that you really cant on the boi....
David R Beard: lol, like what
Serpentboy78: would ya like to chat for a spell
David R Beard: sure
Serpentboy78: do you prefer david or Bubba?
David R Beard: what do you want Mike? you've wasted enough of my time.
Serpentboy78: I just thought maybe you had some things you'd like to say to me that cant really be posted on the boi...
Serpentboy78: you have wasted your own time...
David R Beard: not really, anything I will say to you in private I'd gladly say in a puclic forum
12:20 AM
Serpentboy78: this does not have to be pvt. it can all be copied and pasted n2 anything.
David R Beard: I'm well aware of that. Whats your point?
Serpentboy78: may i have your paypal address..?
David R Beard: may I ask why?
Serpentboy78: sure you may..
David R Beard: do you intend to make good on your end of the deal?
Serpentboy78: and what would be making good..?
Serpentboy78: in your eyes..?
David R Beard: I have already told you several times.....must I repeat myself?
Serpentboy78: well it seems that way you do in every post you post..
David R Beard: °!=
Serpentboy78: this was my 1 attempt....... i asked for your paypal addy..... you did not want to give it... pe@ce.. bubba.....
Serpentboy78 has gone offline.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!