Mike Clark (serpentboy78)=BAD GUY! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2005, 01:47 PM   #31
jglass38
I have to say this continues to get more disgusting day by day.

Mike, you sent a sick and dying snake. Whether you knew it or not, take some responsibility. You have already ruined your credibility as a business person and I would think as a person in general. David has offered a reasonable arrangement ($150 minus your original shipping costs). You should seriously consider it and salvage any good reputation that you might still have left.

Jamie

Old 01-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #32
chaotic9
I really hope this isnt a lost cause. you made good on a deal before, mike...without photographic proof of a dead snake. you have your proof here. you have reports of a snake that appeared to have major health problems. you assured him the snake would be fine. the snake died. you saw pictures.

why would you want this to continue? do you see the numbers of people reading this thread, and the other one? even people that were on your side in the beginning are starting to see that this deal isnt fair to both parties. people who weren't posting before on the david beard thread are reading this one and posting now. these aren't david's friends. i've never heard of most of them. they are people witnessing your attitude as a businessman, and they will remember your name.

please make good on this mike. the amount of common sense you use to make good on this deal will go miles in the eyes of people that may consider doing business with you in the future.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #33
GreenPineMuseum
Wink Hey Guys

Mike,

Hey its William. How ya doing? Man pay David back, or send the kings back. Its honestly not worth getting a bad rep. I guess the snake just had some problems that no one could help. And if you shipped it right after it came out of brumation, it was lethargic anyways. So it would have been hard to tell it was sick. Honestly, I thought the snake looked a little skinny, but not like it was going to die. Maybe it had other complications? A friend of mine had a grey banded kingsnake, that unexpectedly died. For no real reason at all, the thing was 100% healthy. Crap just happens. So mike just send him some money or the snakes. It truely sucks, but you need to look at his situation, he has nothing. He traded you from what he says, 2 healthy milks. Well i'm tired of seeing this, just do what you know you need to do mike. Gooday to all. William H.

GPM
http://gpm31.tripod.com

Old 01-19-2005, 03:23 PM   #34
DavidBeard
Wow, that was quite a drastic change from your post on the other thread William, but I am glad to see that you realize that I got the short end of the stick. I appreciate your support.

I wonder how many people its going to take for Mike to see that what he did was wrong? I have heard nothing from Mike since our AIM conversation 2 nights ago. He has made no attempt to rectify the situation as of this point in time.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:30 PM   #35
chaotic9
i'm learning a whole lot about name recognition. when i saw the name "greenpinemuseum", i thought that name looked familiar. when i saw your other post on the other thread about "david beard...send me my snake", you had told mike to not send david anything and let it blow over. it really says a lot to look at this again, think a bit harder about who is actually the one bearing all losses, and speak up. you are yet another one that originally supported mike but have since changed your mind. that says a lot.

going back to name recognition...how many people are seeing the names mike clark, serpentboy78, and www.serpentboy.com and will remember this transaction from reading about it on the boi before deciding to purchase something from him?

william, you're absolutely right about rep. when i see 2 similar snakes for sale, for about the same price, name recognition, customer service, and rep will determine who gets my business. Ask anyone in the business that has a bad rep if they would pay $100 to get that rep cleared...i'd bet many would be willing to. That's such a small price for all the impact something like this causes.

as of right now, there have been a total of 10,540 views (including the david beard thread) of this transaction. that could mean a lot of business, mike. i'll take back everything i've said if you make good on this transaction. it wont change what's happened so far, but the end result is what people will remember.

think it over, mike.

Old 01-19-2005, 03:48 PM   #36
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard
I am glad to see that you realize that I got the short end of the stick. I appreciate your support.

I wonder how many people its going to take for Mike to see that what he did was wrong?
You did get the short end at this point.

Mike,

You wanted everyone’s advice when you posted the first thread. I initially said the snake looked thin but does not warrant saying it was a different snake. I think David cleared up what he meant.

The snake has died and you have proof. You need to resolve this.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #37
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard
All the information you need is in this thread, Dennis:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...t=serpentboy78

Mike Clark clearly admits to shipping a venomous snake (a coral snake in this case) via the USPS.

Mike I have not finished reading this thread but it seems that you where let off pretty easily for shipping that snake due to the fact Dan Scolaro took most of the focus of the thread for being an idiot.

Don't make another mistake here.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:16 PM   #38
Dennis Hultman
I one day I will learn to proof read.

Were and do.

Old 01-19-2005, 06:44 PM   #39
DavidBeard
Well, I think the situation may have taken a step in the right direction....maybe. Mike and myself spoke via AIM a few minutes ago and here is what said:

Serpentboy78: yo......
David R Beard: I was just wondering if you had changed your mind to do the right thing.
David R Beard: I assume you've been reading the BOI
Serpentboy78: yea I have been keepin up with it slightly.... My wife mostly...she like soap opreas....
Serpentboy78: likes
David R Beard: you can still salvage your rep man, its up to you
David R Beard: do you think its a fluke everyone feels I should be compensated somehow?
David R Beard: is destroying your rep worth $120?
Serpentboy78: 1st off what rep. are you talking about....?
David R Beard: your business reputation
6:10 PM
Serpentboy78: I posted a $300 pair of garters last night and sold them within 24 hrs.... it's not like it's really slowing down my sales....
Serpentboy78: but....
David R Beard: so you're saying that ripping me off was OK?
Serpentboy78: I have taken the advice of... im not sure who posted it..
Serpentboy78: to step away from the boi for a few days....
Serpentboy78: im thru posting...... I wont say I dont still read it a lil...
David R Beard: it doesn't take long to determine what the right thing to do is
Serpentboy78: well the right thing to do.... that come to a matter of opinion here
Serpentboy78: you use the term ripped off...
Serpentboy78: you were not ripped off...
David R Beard: yeah right man
David R Beard: you're the only one who thinks so
6:15 PM
Serpentboy78: So point being you im'ed me to ask "again" if im gonna send you $120 correct..?
David R Beard: I am giving you yet another oportunity to do the right thing man.
David R Beard: you have my home address....I woul gladly accept a money order
Serpentboy78: I would of gladly..no not gladly,but would of paypaled you the other night had you given me your paypal addy...
Serpentboy78: but you bring up something about bank scams or some lame ****....
David R Beard: I'm not stupid man....better safe than sorry.
Serpentboy78: this deal may have went sour ..many many ppl may disagree with me.... but ****in bank scams come on dude...
Serpentboy78: I have a wife and 2 kids.....
David R Beard: so? what does that mean to me?
Serpentboy78: I dont pull bank scams..lol
David R Beard: sorry, but that is not an excuse
Serpentboy78: not making an excuse....
David R Beard: How am I supposed to know you don't? I obviously can't trust you!
Serpentboy78: im telling you LIKE it is...
Serpentboy78: bank scams that is still funny to me....
Serpentboy78: look dude
6:20 PM
Serpentboy78: You dont want to give out ur paypal addy.... your reason is lame in "my" eyes..
Serpentboy78: but that is ur choice...
Serpentboy78: cool
Serpentboy78: I have your home addy...
David R Beard: You have ripped me off once, and I refuse to allow even the slightest possibility it could happen again....is it really that hard to understand?
Serpentboy78: Im past that...
Serpentboy78: like you said I have your home address
Serpentboy78: im gonna kick back..... read thru all the threads again.... there are some things ppl have said that I'll admit were very true but I over looked them being hot headed..
David R Beard: well, I hope you can come to a timely and well thought out decision.....for your sake more than anything.
Serpentboy78: & I will drop you a line......
Serpentboy78: my sake...? why is you seem to be so worried about my sake.. or rep.?
6:25 PM
David R Beard: YOU should be the one worried...My rep isn't on the line, yours is. YOU alone have the power to make it right.
Serpentboy78: well what can be done to the thread or said.... or to my rep as you like to say. that has not already been done..
Serpentboy78: the damage is done....
Serpentboy78: correct...? in your eyes atleast?
David R Beard: you're correct....YOU have done major damage to your rep....but you can save at least some of it by doing the right thing. Its up to you..
Serpentboy78: well thank you for the caring concern.....
Serpentboy78: i'll get back with you.... latez....
David R Beard: its in YOUR hands...remember that Mike.
6:40 PM
Serpentboy78 has gone offline.

Old 01-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #40
The BoidSmith
Mike,

Quote:
.... AGAIN yes I still am gonna stand my ground Im gonna stand on it with concrete blocks for shoes.....
Mike,

Borrow a jackhammer and get rid of those concrete shoes they will only drag you to the bottom. People that seemed to have a strong, solid reputation have disappeared from the herp scene in a matter of days just because of their unwillingness to do the right thing. Don’t let this happen to you too…it’s better late than never!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!