Movement of thread concerning Dan Quinn- Manhattan Herps - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:47 PM   #91
Chameleon Company
Hello Dan's Mom !!

Paula,
Here's one part of your post that I would like to highlight. It is from the end, and I believe summarizes much of your postition:
Quote:
Dan has offered you 3 geckos as originally planned. If you accept them, you will redo his website with a contract both of you will sign. Unfortunately Ryan, you have proven that your word is not too important to you. If you don't accept this, he will send you one gecko of his choosing, worth the 8-10 months his web site was up. If not, then there is nothing more that we can do, and you need to take your little friend away and feed him some warm milk.
Enough is enough with this ridiculous nonsense. Once again, Ryan you wait for months to brings things up that seem to be bothering you.
I WILL NOT reply to any further posts here
It, and the rest of the post, seem to conveniently leave out certain other concerns. Namely that the original plan was not just three geckos, but three geckos that season. Reminds me of "Wimpy" in the Popeye cartoons "I will gladly pay you Tueday for a hamburger today". Except never once did I here Wimpy say "I never meant this coming Tuesday .... heck, any Tuesday should suffice". Paula, that Ryan had good intentions initially is not in dispute. That he has failed to repair a situation that is his to repair is. That Ryan went months without complaining does not mean he agreed to any new delayed payment. I think it shows significant patience on his part. Dan's choice of moniker has created the hypocrisy of the "do as I say, not as I do" theme alluded to here by many.
Finally, you say something to the effect of "How dare us judge Dan, etc". Certainly didn't stop you from coming here and posting your views derogatory to Ryan, eh, attempting to influence all who might read it? Many of us who have disagreed with Dan have implored him to do the right thing, and the consensus is that Dan is in the wrong. This is not a 5-4 decision, but near to a slam dunk. No one forced Dan to make a promise of payment. No one forced him to post here. The overwhelming number of voices in disagreement to Dan's handling of this are based on Dan's own words, and the choices he has made, not the unfounded accusations of others.

Old 01-11-2006, 01:54 PM   #92
Chameleon Company
I also would like to point out that my experience with having someone develop a website is that I have paid far more to have it built than to have it hosted for 8 months. Amazing how people try to minimize and ignore facts that do not support their position, while emphasising those incomplete facts that seem to spin things towards their view !

Old 01-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #93
Chameleon Company
I do not normally fix typos, but

When I said this:
Quote:
Paula, that Ryan had good intentions initially is not in dispute
, I meant that "Dan" had good intentions ! My bad !

Old 01-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #94
Powderfinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Herps
This post is written by Dan's mom. I do not have access to this board so I have to post using his name.
I'm sorry, but that was as far as I got before I started laughing...was the note signed "Epsteins Mother"???

How sad is it when you have to get your mother to write a retort on an internet forum???

Dan needs to give Ryan what is owed to him, and this whole story will be finished. Until that time, empty promises are all I have heard...

Just my 2 cents...

Old 01-11-2006, 02:16 PM   #95
raiquee
I really need to get off to work but..

I really don't see any reason why Paula (Dan's mom) is commenting. Ryan gave Paula her website and just said he isn't going to do it anymore. She payed $50. He has everyright to do that for that price. I see it as closed.

With that out of the way, I want to know why Dan has his mother getting involved. Dan, you were old enough to make this descision happen, your responsible for finishing it. Mom can't talk you out of a grave you dug for yourself! This whole deal was between you and Ryan. Not you, Ryan and your mom. So keep it between you and Ryan in fixing it!

Old 01-11-2006, 02:22 PM   #96
o0 RYAN 0o
Alright Dan. First off I don’t want Calin anymore, I was making a point. The point was that we wanted her and you never gave her to us. As more time unraveled and no other babies hatched it would have been nice to see her as payment.

As for you mothers website, yes I agreed to do it for $50/free. I told her you were being nice with your “future” payments and I’d help for free. I helped her as much as I could between all of my other work. Things started to get a little out of hand, meanwhile I still never had full payment from you. You know your mom was getting a great deal on the site since you were going to be helping me out.

Paula…All I can say is wow. I spent a lot of time on your site. I was having a really busy month in November and you knew it. You caught me at a bad time (working on your requests) with the wrong wording in an email and I snapped. It was my decision to do what I did, though I know I could have handled myself a little better, I still stand by my decision. I never said I received 150 emails from you in a week, it was over a 4 months span. If you do a little math, that works out to 1.25 emails a day, which is still a little excessive. Power to you for enjoying your site, but you knew I was really busy off and on. I did my best to get to your work when I could when I was busy and if I wasn’t you were right there to breathe down my neck. As for me badmouthing people to you, I’m completely clueless as to what this is about. I do remember telling you that I get frustrated with my biggest client at times. Sometimes things aren’t good enough or people are picky about the little details and it’s frustrating, but that’s why it’s called work.

I guess here are my thoughts on a resolution. I know you don’t have the money right now. I don’t want to rely on animals from you anymore, since this is what started the issue. I’m a year behind and I’m working on finding other animals. If you give me the leos, I’m just going to sell them. I’d rather them not be double shipped/stressed and you can just sell them or others and give me the money. I’m willing to give you a lot more time here. Your Domain expires March 21st, I’ll give you until then to put the money together. I know the agreement was for animals, but I feel this is a fair resolution considering the time lapse.

I guess one other thing I did learn from all of this is to grow a backbone. I guess I just have too much trust in people and continue to work when I shouldn’t. If I have issues I need to speak up earlier too. Most importantly I do need to create contracts. I’m really ready for this issue to be resolved…for the good or the bad.

Old 01-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #97
Chameleon Company
Ryan, once again you have shown yourself to be a class act.

You also seem much the wiser, unfortunately at the cost of having been burned. One thing caught my attention that I did not mention, but which you drew attention to when you said:
Quote:
As for you mothers website, yes I agreed to do it for $50/free. I told her you were being nice with your “future” payments and I’d help for free. I helped her as much as I could between all of my other work.
In reading all of Paula's post, one can once again draw the conclusion summarized in the old adage:

[b]"No good deed goes unpunished"[quote]

Old 01-11-2006, 02:53 PM   #98
shrap
Wow..... I am completely speechless at your attitude and way of looking at this Dan.

Old 01-11-2006, 05:38 PM   #99
MGReptiles
What a shame.. I really hope the Lord plays on your heart to do the right thing here..

Alittle off topic here but you guys have seen the movie Psyco right?? Whatever you say MOMMY!!

Old 01-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #100
Storm55
This issue is a perfect example of why they say "Nice guys finish last." I really can't believe the attitude shown by Dan when something as important as his reputation is on the line here. The simple fact remains that Ryan provided a service and payment has not been received and on top of that is long overdue! Through this whole thread, all Dan seems to be doing is making excuses as well as denying his responsibility. Dan, when you make an agreement and you can't come up with your end of the deal, you need to come up with something else to make up for it. NOT months down the road, NOW. You say the agreement was for the 3 geckos but you didn't produce them. That is nobody's fault, but it certainly doesn't mean you don't have to compensate for them. I don't care if you have to sacrifice the best animals in your collection. As I said before, it's not the end of the world. Stop acting like it's not your fault you aren't able to hold up your end of the agreement. You can, and are obligated to pay Ryan now. Whether you pay him with $1000 worth of geckos, or cash, it needs to be done! Now start taking responsibility for the mess you created!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!