Movement of thread concerning Dan Quinn- Manhattan Herps - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-03-2006, 09:49 PM   #31
Suncoast Herpetological
Short Form

Ryan

Here is a synopsis....if it is annacurate, please say so

1.) You mad a trade agreement, goods for services with Quinn

2.) Somewhere along the line you agreed to help his Mom with a site for free.....dumb, but completely irrelevent to the agreement between you and Quinn

3.) You delivered the services you agreed upon for more or less the agreed upon term.

4.) Quinn has only paid you 1/3 of the agreed upon price. ( 1 of 3 geckos).

5.) For some bizzarre reason you agreed to send back the one gecko. Now you have received nothing for your time.

6.) You have apparently taken down his website in retaliation since it is no longer there.

My only question is this. Why in the heck did you not simply say " Send me the two remaining geckos and I'll turn your site over to you"?

I understand being a nice guy and wanting to avoid confrontations but not to the point of being used a a doormat.

This is going to sound harsh but a little backbone on your part would have solved this one in your favor.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 PM   #32
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
6.) You have apparently taken down his website in retaliation since it is no longer there.
I thought I read that the loss of the website was agreed upon for the return of the gecko? Yep, I found it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0 RYAN 0o
I told him if I send this gecko back, it’s over and your site goes down.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #33
o0 RYAN 0o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamco
So, if the gecko was payment, and less than you had been promised, why are you sending it back? Because Dan pressured you? Whose fault is that? If you have leverage, such as taking down his site for non-payment, keeping the gecko and demanding more, then do it! You are owed, but returning what little payment you have received? Maybe you should have kept it and then come here for support.
You know after this snowballed into the mess it did, I didn't care. I didn't want to keep an animal that had so much crap tied to it. We didn't loose interest in the morph or anything, we were just fed up. I was hoping to just have everything go back to normal and just think to myself "lesson learned"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamco
You have apparently taken down his website in retaliation since it is no longer there.
Dan and I agreed to this. I told him if i send this animal back it's like undoing everything and we go back to neutral and the site comes down. I'm still out the money I spent on the site/shipping, but I don't care. Like I said, I just wanted this to be over and done with.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:06 PM   #34
o0 RYAN 0o
Sorry the last Quote in my previous post was from "Suncoast Herpetological" I forgot to fix that.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 PM   #35
Chameleon Company
Hey Ryan,
I missed that at least the site was down. You took the high road, maybe even the "real high" road. Some of us might have done differently (me for one ... I'd be loving that gecko right now!). Don't feel like a hard-ass for realizing that contracts are necessary, or that its preferrable if we could get by without them. It is preferrable, but any attorney will tell you that contracts are not for when things go right, but rather for when they go wrong. Lesson learned the hard way.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #36
Chameleon Company
Ryan, Tyler, and others,
I was trying to provoke you a bit before, as were others, about getting to the point. I don't want to make assumptions, but usually the negative threads that are initiated here are done either to try to get restitution, or leave a warning sign about an entity for future reference, or just to get even in some way. In the latter two cases, you want to be sure that someone who was doing a search of this forum on the subject of said notoriety would find the information as easily as possible. That's why a concise initial post is strategic. You can provide follow-up details in later posts, if the future reader should need to look that far, but at least the red flag warning is clear and easily seen. Right now, a reader has to spend some time and look pretty deep to find your opinion that Dan is a schmuck (did I spell that right?). Charles Schuck III school of spelling?

Old 01-03-2006, 10:57 PM   #37
KelliH
I just wanted to say that Ryan built my website, and I am very happy with it. He does great work, and he is a very nice man. He was a pleasure to work with.

I will refrain from saying anything else until Dan posts.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:09 PM   #38
groovygeckos
I have never even spoken to either Ryan, or Dan, other than the forums, but I can clearly see Ryan does quality work. I wouldnt be very happy either to have to return my only payment for work that was allready done.

At this point if Dan didnt want to pay Ryan to keep his site running, Ryan should STILL have received his 3 Jungle Giants or have been owed 2. A deal is a deal.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:31 PM   #39
shrap
Has anyone informed Dan of this thread?

Old 01-04-2006, 02:06 AM   #40
Manhattan Herps
i had apologized to ryan for immaturely making threats upon him, that happened on the night this all started, and i was extremely frusterated

the deal with us was for the 3 jungle giants, i only had 1 female and one male at the time, and she started to lay late in the season, so her babies started hatching around august, i had 3 viable eggs from her, 1 hatched prematurely, a male that was sold due to my father needing money for a new car

the other, which hatched on 8/3 came out nice and big, and healthy, its cluchmate came out with an overbite, and was premature, i informed ryan of this, showed him pictures and all that..not my fault that it had come out deformed, and thats how he was acting, i told him he was welcome to any babies from my jungle het albino x jungle giant, but he neer inquired, and her eggs never hatched

i would have been MORE than happy to send him 2 jungle giants that hatch this year, hell i would have even sent him 3, including the first, but then all this BS started up again. befor the gecko was sent back i had thought we made peace, i had apologized for my actions to him in email...obviously this BS was still stirring up.

its not like i waved a magic wand over the incubator and said " abra cadabra, this egg with hatch deformed!"

if it came out formed, and i had another to make it 3, you would have gotten them, you know that

i dont screw people over, if i did i wouldnt have any trader ratings, or any good guy votes on the good guy certification forum

ryan, i am sorry this is what it all came to, if you'd like, i'd be more than happy to give you 2-3 of this years Jungle giants, you've got my word, shoot me an email and we will work somthing good out this time..i owe it to you

again, i appologize for the incredibly stupid things that where said in email, it was spur of the moment thing, i do not want to argue anymore, this is tireing, and if this keeps on it will never end

i'm sorry that the gecko photos stirred this up, the first photos that alot of contrast in the, i never said they didnt after that was realized, since outside photos show the true colors

heres 2 that where taken today, on my mindow, no flash

i have no reason to alter my photos as my camera captures the color just fine
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!