Movement of thread concerning Dan Quinn- Manhattan Herps - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-10-2006, 10:36 PM   #71
Dennis Hultman
Dan,
If there is nothing more you can add about the whole situation I would suggest that you address what you plan to do to rectify it as soon as possible. From what I know, you’re a good kid, Well adult now. You have been posting here since you were very young and I still think of you as a kid and would hate to see your reputation tarnished. I remember a post you made maybe a year or so ago about Fauna being like a second home to you and I hope that you will continue to enjoy this site and respect for its members for many years to come. I would also hope that the rest of the members will feel the same towards you but you need to heed the advice that has been given by others. This needs to be rectified soon.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:47 AM   #72
Manhattan Herps
if i had 3 jungle giants to give him right now, he would get them

calin is special to me, and i cannot see myself giving her up, the deal was 3 jungle giants, we should stick to that, hell i'll even give him a baby from calins mom and dad, i'm sure i'll have another albino from them, if he wants, i just want this to end

i have offered to fix this with him in email and i never get any response

i can give him a juvi male tangerine albino at the next expo here as collateral, and when he gets the Jungles he can keep him

you are all acting as though i am doing nothing to fix this, i have offered a few times in this thread, and a few times in email to him, if i had geckos to give him right now he would get them, i gave him my word that he would get his geckos if he wanted
about money, i do not have the money to pay for the site, that is why we agreed on geckos in the first place, calin was a surprise gecko and i had no intent on selling her

on the giant that was sold, it was not my choice, theres was nothing i could do about that, if he wasnt sold he would be with you right now, ryan, and the other, i offered it to you because i felt bad about the whole situation, i did not offer it as a breeder

as in what was said in email, i emailed kelli and alberto and told them pretty much what had happened, i believe that was the night after this whole thing happened

if you like calin, then you are welcomed to one of her albino siblings, i just have too many plans for her, and she is special to me

and i am very concerned about my rep here as i love this place and i have great respect for many of the people here. also, if i read right..the giants where payment for my website, not mine, and my moms, my mother and her site have nothing to do with this, he told her to give him 50, and thats what she did, she did not promise anything to him, and he did not promise anything to her

like i said, i want this to end, and that is my offer

Old 01-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #73
Jeremy Letkey
Dan, your offer is... when and if you produce 3 Jungle Giant albinos, Ryan can have them?? I want to know if you still really think that is fair?

Old 01-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #74
raiquee
May I see a picture of Calin? I want to see why she is so special that she may ruin your name here on fauna.

Old 01-11-2006, 10:51 AM   #75
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Letkey
Dan, your offer is... when and if you produce 3 Jungle Giant albinos, Ryan can have them?? I want to know if you still really think that is fair?

whats not fair about that? is that not what the deal was for?

its not a matter of if, its a matter of when, she's gravid now, and should lay any day now, and i am certain she will have viable eggs

Old 01-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #76
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Herps
, my mother and her site have nothing to do with this, he told her to give him 50, and thats what she did, she did not promise anything to him, and he did not promise anything to her
actually i take that back, the promise to her was that she would have a website that would be worked on without her begging

Old 01-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #77
Manhattan Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiquee
May I see a picture of Calin? I want to see why she is so special that she may ruin your name here on fauna.

there is nothing visual about her that is special to me. although i love her patern

its her personality

Old 01-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #78
Chameleon Company
Dan, unless I have missed something ...

This statement by you in your last post sums it up:
Quote:
calin is special to me, and i cannot see myself giving her up, the deal was 3 jungle giants, we should stick to that
I want to add one thing that is not obviously stated in the quote, and that is that the payment was to be from this breeding season. I am making the assumption that there was not an addendum understanding that would defer payment if you were unable to produce the jungle giants this season, perhaps until next year, and if not specified, perhaps to infinity. I know that is a bit sarcastic, but is it possible to draw the conclusion that if you were to never produce any ever again, that you therefore have no specific obligation to pay, since the agreed upon means of payment was never produced? Let me quickly add that I do not think you would view your obligation as being so flimsy, and that you have intent to make it right. Which gets us back to what is right. If you feel it acceptable to defer payment for one year, you are placing the sacrifice for your inability to pay as being Ryan's to absorb. I can completely understand that you had the best of intentions when you made the deal. I can also appreciate that you do not have $1000 to offer. You seem like a decent person ... a decent person who has made a mistake. The obligation is yours, to do all within your power, to bear the burden of your failure to produce payment. You seem to be choosing the approach which is pain-free for you, and most burdensome to Ryan, ie next year's hatch. While I have no doubt that Calin is a magnificent animal in your eyes, I again would ask you to document that part of the agreement that allowed you to renege, either because you didn't produce animals, or liked one so much that it qualified as meeting an agreed upon threshold allowing you to defer payment at the expense of Ryan. From one Christain to another, I too think that you need to reconsider posting that moniker of "Proud Christian".

Old 01-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #79
Manhattan Herps
also, if this happens, he gets the 3 giants from me, then i get my website back also

because right now, we are even, i have no website, and he has no geckos from me

he got a gecko from me that i thought he was happy with, but he did not spek up about it, that he was not

Old 01-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #80
Chameleon Company
Ooooops, you made a clear mis-statement here Dan:

Quote:
because right now, we are even, i have no website, and he has no geckos from me
He is out of a ton of work, for which he has not received payment. Now you are getting pretty twisted in logic that seems to be quite self-serving!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!