Ray's Reptilia- BAD guy - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-27-2006, 07:06 AM   #101
norsmis
I agree Dennis. If Rich were to do that, it would really compromise his integrity. This could easily be construed as Rich "deleting" his competition's adds or some other slanderous way.
Good ol Ray does this on his own forums, although not with an add. I simply asked a question on Ray's forums, not directed at him, and he banned me.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:10 PM   #102
Zoo Supply
well

Looks like good old ray has a few other things up his sleeve...he has ads for captive bred baby ball pythons...eating at that, and has pics of them eating...yet in his pics there is more than one animal in the cage while they are being fed, and if you look at the corner of the pic, they were taken june 28th, 2005. While I don't have a problem with most people using older pictures to represent animals, I have a sneaky suspicion that ray's animals are not cb, nor eating....
Too bad his shipping practices weren't a violation of ks' TOS.
TOM

Old 03-02-2006, 06:11 PM   #103
Zoo Supply
Ray's ad

Rays KS add.
Sorry, forgot that,
TOM

Old 03-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #104
Chameleon Company
Tom,
Good catch !! We all know that people like Ray will continue to have varying degrees of success because there's enough of the buying public that won't check references, investigate, etc. Even with all the means to do so, we now also have the perfect example of "what's wrong with this picture", and its hard to recall a more textbook example. Yet, he'll still sell 'em to the unsuspecting. Not to be all pessimistic, as those buyers who are savvy, and do their homework, will reap the better rewards.

Old 05-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #105
kati_slvr
2/3 Are Definite Males

Well, two geckos in the trio of cresteds Ray sold me are sexable males (the third one is still not sexable yet). I contacted him and he did not reply or try to fix the situation.

Here is the e-mail I wrote:

Ray,

I bought a trio of "female" cresteds from you a couple of months ago. They were not old enough to be sexed at the time which upset me, as there was no guarantee at that time that they would turn out to be females. Now two of the three cresteds are sexable, and both are males (see attached pictures). Since, they aren't "exactly" what I ordered (see your comments below), I would like to get partial refund as they are less valuable. I paid $110 each shipped for them. I see you are selling unsexed cresteds for $85 shipped, so it would be fair if you refunded me $25 a piece for the two male geckos ($50 total), and I will let you know what sex the last one turns out to be (it is still too small to sex). Let me know what you are going to do to resolve this.

-Kati

Old 05-21-2006, 05:16 AM   #106
Cat_72
Kati, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any kind of compensation from Ray.....but I'm sorry you've ended up with males instead of females.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:33 AM   #107
norsmis
I agree. Ray has shown time and time again that he will not honor his TOS, his promises or any guarantee he gives to anyone. This is probably why he is playing musical websites......

Old 05-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #108
Junkyard
Yet, he wonders why he cannot sell on the internet any more.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:33 PM   #109
norsmis
Could it be the BOI has put another bad guy in his place..... OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2006, 10:44 PM   #110
ravensgait
I don't think he's out of business yet. he's still running adds. he just has to reinvent himself every so often..Randy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!