Ray's Reptilia- BAD guy - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #111
varnyard
Well, It looks like Ray is at it again. I had a customer contact me the other day. She informed me she got scammed by Ray. And now someone is in the help forums saying he too was scammed by Ray. Funny thing is the person that contacted me said he has been using the same tactics as Chris of TSE. It was way to cold to ship.

Here is the link to the help thread. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d=1#post398118

What about it Ray? Are you still scamming yet again?

Old 07-02-2006, 09:52 PM   #112
catsandrats
Ray's Reptilia is a scam artist. Do not trust him. He ripped me off $155. I ordered two snakes from him back in January. He kept putting off shipping for months because of the weather. When it was warm enough to ship he told me he didn't have them. I have tried severaly times to get my money back or replacement reptiles and he refuses to do either. He will continuous lie to you to keep putting it off. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and he noticed that there are others who have done the same but he ignores them also. If anyone else sees this message and wants to get together to fight him for our money back, maybe we can do it together. Also turn him in to the BBB. If enough people send complaints maybe they can get him out of business. Let's stop him so he will do continue to do this to others. If anyone lives near his store, go and confront him and tell people in his store what he does. I am planning a trip down there myself soon!

Old 07-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #113
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsandrats
Ray's Reptilia is a scam artist. Do not trust him. He ripped me off $155. I ordered two snakes from him back in January. He kept putting off shipping for months because of the weather. When it was warm enough to ship he told me he didn't have them. I have tried severaly times to get my money back or replacement reptiles and he refuses to do either. He will continuous lie to you to keep putting it off. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau and he noticed that there are others who have done the same but he ignores them also. If anyone else sees this message and wants to get together to fight him for our money back, maybe we can do it together. Also turn him in to the BBB. If enough people send complaints maybe they can get him out of business. Let's stop him so he will do continue to do this to others. If anyone lives near his store, go and confront him and tell people in his store what he does. I am planning a trip down there myself soon!
I would like to say I have dealt with Stacey Glebus. She is a real good customer. Looks like ray is pulling the same scams. IMO, he needs to be shut down for good. Ray, care to comment?

Stacey, if you could post the emails between Ray and yourself, as well as any other proof. That way it will be on record here.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:08 AM   #114
kstigile
I was about to post up a message stating that Ray's site was back up, as I am his most favorite person the Hall of Shame. At least he has taken down calling the other members of this elite club theifs, but apparently I still get that honor. I have been contacted by one other member of that page, and have mentioned the idea of a lawsuit for defamation of character and libel. As far as fighting Ray back for your money, I unfortunately cannot get involved in that because Paypal did already refund my money. If you would like to contact me on a few ways to fight him, with some details of your situation (how he shipped, what he shipped, when things were ordered, etc), I would be glad to get the numbers to the Florida SPCA (who I am getting in touch with again), the BBB in Florida, the USPS postmaster service, UPS, FedEx, DHL, as well as anyone else that I can find that I contacted previously over the situation. I would HIGHLY suggest getting together with other members who have not received merchandise or refunds and fighting him though. TSE was/is being brought down in that fashion once and for all, maybe Ray can finally stop popping back up into the world if more action is taken.
If anyone on the Hall of Shame page would like to contact me regarding a group case, please feel free. The statements on his page are considered defamation of character, libel, and also a violation of several privacy acts since he decides to post our full names, and addresses without permission.
Ray, if you ever do come back to read this, this IS my last warning. Today is July 3rd, 2006. If my name is not removed (as well as calling me a theif and posting me in bigger, more bold letters than the other members on the page), I will contact a lawyer on Monday, July 10th to be contacting you. You know my promises of having you shut down before worked for awhile, don't think this is an idle threat.

Kelly Stigile

Old 07-03-2006, 10:08 AM   #115
varnyard
I think that is a great idea!! You have my full support as well. I have never been scammed by Ray, but I know all about his scams. Ray has been doing this way too long. If I can help, just let me know.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:51 AM   #116
kstigile
Bobby,

Thanks for your support! I have read many, many posts that you have written, and know that you are one of the more upstanding members on this forum. My first time here was my original post about the whole situation with Ray and my tortoise (who thankfully is doing very well now after a few treatments), and I have learned how useful this board is. I recommend it to everyone now.
I think it is very sad that a person like Ray can continue to pop back up in the hobby/trade, because he gives good breeders a bad name by association. Like has been said in so many other threads on this board, if he would just own up to his mistakes, treat people professionally, and take care of his animals correctly, this never would happen.
By the way, catsandrats, I just re-read your post, and so that you know, unless it has recently changed, Ray does not have a public "store" that people can visit. I may be wrong about this, but this was my last information I had. I do know he spoke of gettinga 6,000 or 7,000 sq ft breeding facility at one point on his old forum, but that it would not be open to the public. So, unfortunately, even the people I know that live by him cannot go and say hello. But then again, unless he has changed his home address, that isn't very difficult to find. My suggestion however would be to do things legally, as visiting him or emailing and harrassing would throw any sort of court case out the window, and allow him to continue his business. The best course of action is to try to organize people together that have had your same issue, the way I am hoping to organize people, report him to as many places as you can that can take legal action against him, and do things the right way. I know it is not always easy, as your frustration and anger can take over, but remember - if we want this guy gone once and for all, it MUST be done legally.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:12 PM   #117
lisamietz
Ray Torres Rays Reptilia, North port Reptiles, BarcReptiles

Here is his physical address. He has been hiding behind a p.o box for sometime but not no more.

Ray Torres and Christine Fletcher
1575 whirl ct
north port, florida 34288

Old 10-01-2007, 11:24 AM   #118
Dennis Hultman
New thread.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=104283

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!