Ray's Reptilia- BAD guy - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:36 AM   #71
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
I just don't understand how he got away with his scams this long.
A lot of people just don't know about the BOI. He will continue to rip people off until eveyone knows about the BOI. What amazes me is is that people who are on his forum are people I see alot on here and KS. They know his ways, but yet choose to deal with the known dirtbag/scum.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #72
Junkyard
It is understandable if people believe in change, I do. Though until that change occurs and it is seen by all, than it is really worthless to deal with that person.

Ray has yet to prove that he will stand by his TOS, he still ships false advertised animals, he still curses out anyone who questions his business ethics(immediate proof of guilt), he still sells less than-close-not-even-barely-okay animals. He will not come here and explain his side, supposedly the BOI is one sided(against him), yet all these problems stand before him and he will not make his wrongs right. It is too much work for one man to do. Ripping people off is worth a lot to him, he runs and hides when the heat is on(Proved by his comments on his own board).

For any here to do business with Ray, it is impertinent to wait until he has finally decided to become and honest businessman. Otherwise reader beware, Ray will steal your money and turn his back on you.

Old 02-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #73
Zoo Supply
Hmmm notice he has a link in his signature about his references.....wonder if you can bug him on there too?
LOL
TOM

Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #74
Cat_72
Well.........it's really not even references on there....it's some kind of guestbook. Most of the people on there haven't even bought anything from him, from what I saw when I glanced through it yesterday, they were just saying things like, "Wow, I like your snakes, some day I wanna buy one"....

Gee, I never thought to see if I could SIGN it.......

Old 02-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #75
norsmis
There is an actual forum but you have to sign up to post and as soon as you post anything to contradict Ray, he emails you calling you nice little pet names, deletes your post, and bans you from the forum. So what it is really is a forum of people that Ray has placed blinders on so they cannot see his shady business practices. But if they continue to do business with Mr. Torres, they will see his true colors eventually.....

Old 02-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #76
Cat_72
It looks like he has made the forum "private" now, lol...I can't even go in to read it.

But here's a shining example of his "references"...

First Name : Carrie
Email Address : cestlavia@msn.com
Comments : I hear that you had an assistant that took awesome care of your reptiles but that she is no longer with Rays Reptilia. Thats a shame, but I hear you are doing ok without her. Keep up the good work.
How can we improve this website :

First Name : Crystal
URL :
Comments : Do not like snake......scare of then..........seen that have to go.on your profile.cant look at then

First Name : Ash
URL :
Comments : You have reasonable prices on most of your pets.
How can we improve this website : More selection.

First Name : ellie
URL :
Comments : I like your pets.

Uh....ok then. LOL.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:00 PM   #77
SPJ
It really amazes me that Ray can send me letters threatening to sue me if I say anything about his business but yet he is the one causing all of the problems.

Ray,
Stop threatening me with legal action and start being a decent businessman.

Old 02-01-2006, 12:11 PM   #78
norsmis
He really threatened you with leagal action for saying he sucks as a business man????/ Last time I checked, you cannot sue someone for telling the truth.....

Old 02-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #79
kati_slvr
Looked up Ray at BBB and found this:

BBB Reliability Report

The Better Business Bureau
Serving Florida's West Coast
P.O. Box 7950
Clearwater, FL 33758-7950

Ray's Reptilia
1801 Brantley Rd, Unit # 2003
Fort Myers, FL 33907

Principal: Mr. Ray Torres File Open Date: June 2005
TOB Classification: Pet Shops
BBB Membership: This company is not a member.

Customer Experience

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record

These complaints concerned:

1 Guarantee or Warranty Issues
BBB Definition:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

1 Product Issues
BBB Definition:

Product Issues - Claim alleging a product does not meet the expectations of the complainant, including defective merchandise.

They were closed as:

2 No Response
BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint.

2 Company failed to respond to the BBB or to the consumer to resolve the issues.

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record

BBB Definition:
unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern

BBB Definition:
pattern - More than 2 complaints involving the same allegations usually within 12 months that are significant in relation to the company's size and volume of business.

of complaints, failed to honor their commitment to mediate or arbitrate disputes or honor mediated agreements or arbitrated decisions, failed to substantiate, modify or discontinue false advertising claims that are challenged by the BBB, or failed to discontinue unauthorized use of the BBB name and logo, a Federally protected trademark.

The Bureau processed a total of 2 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 2 complaints closed in 36 months, 2 were closed in the last year.
These complaints concerned:

1 Guarantee or Warranty Issues
BBB Definition:

Guarantee or Warranty Issues - Claims alleging failure to honor the terms regarding guarantees or warranties.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #80
varnyard
Steve, I am glad you came and posted about Ray's threats!! Now everyone knows who I was referring to. Yes Ray likes to make threats as well as all of the other stunts he likes to pull. I would post on Ray's site, but I don't think my thread would last long. I just don't understand why anyone would want to be a part of someone's site, where in the owner has been running scams. Yes Ray, it has been proved that you are much more than just a poor business man. IMHO it goes much deeper than that!! I would just about bet he would like to do some deleting here as well. I was reading some of the posts on his site and can not believe some of his members think we are all just picking on Ray. Can they not read there is clear proof of Ray's actions? IMO, I would not sink so low to be pitted with the likes of Ray, not alone become a member of a known scammer's site. I also agree that Ray could turn all of this around and become a good guy. A good place to start would be honering his TOS. As the old saying goes ( a man is only as good as his word!!). Also IMHO, If a man or women does not stand behind their words, then they is not much of a man or a lady!! What is a man or women about if the have no foundation values. I have found a great rule would be to (mean what you say, and say what you mean). If you run a deception, as well as all of the other stunts pulled by Ray, than you can not be called any less than a scammer. And his word has proven to mean nothing. This post is MHO.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!