Herps Etc Question - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-11-2006, 01:49 AM   #81
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMCreptiles
Jonh, The snakes where $2000. If i spend $2000 for two snakes from you and they never feed i call you every week to let you know there is a problem you tell me i'll fix the problem i would expect just that.The hole point is Carson was to replace the snakes from day 1 and he never did.

Craig McMurtrie

Craig

My apologies. I assumed the $400 credit reflected the purchase price of the snakes. I also did not realize that so much time had passed. It is definitely an anemic offer but it is better than nothing at all.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:50 AM   #82
herpsetc
Ed
yes i have a few bad deals.
like maybe 4 bad deals.
which a few of them are BS,and as far as your comment (trying to hussle people for a buck)
when u buy and resell reptiles to make MONEY.
that how you make a BUCK
that would be BUSINESS not HUSSLE
thank you
carson

Old 09-11-2006, 10:27 AM   #83
herpsetc
craig send me your number
thanx carson phelps

Old 09-11-2006, 10:35 AM   #84
christopher66
Am i the only one that sees a pattern?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #85
herpsetc
Heres the deal!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm going to make a few things right.
only a few things right
but i really don't have to.
i still sell reptile all day long.
this fauna site doesn't stop me from selling at all.
i'm only doing this because i feel that it needs to be done.
thank you

plus chris don't start again

carson phelps

Old 09-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #86
christopher66
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpsetc
Heres the deal!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm going to make a few things right.
only a few things right
but i really don't have to.
i still sell reptile all day long.
this fauna site doesn't stop me from selling at all.
i'm only doing this because i feel that it needs to be done.
thank you

plus chris don't start again

carson phelps
Excuse Me ?!?

Old 09-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #87
Justin Mitcham
Quote:
yes i have a few bad deals.
like maybe 4 bad deals.
Carson does that include Dave?
You know what I mean bud, not going to trash you on this, you should call him. He has done more for you than anyone.. not fair to him to be ignored like this.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #88
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Chuck cant see why you would side with carson, just dont make sense?
I'm not taking sides with anyone. I'm just trying to understand how it is that outside of Carsons admittance to each problem and the offering to settle each dispute....that no one has offered any sort of documented proof in any form whatsoever to him or to us as members to view on this thread. No email exchanges, no photos, no nothing. All I'm seeing is "you screwed me carson, make it right". Where are the receipts of sale? Records of shipment? Email exchanges?

Can I say that Carson owes me $9000.00 on a past deal that went sour and I want my money back? Would you want to see my proof posted here? A photo of the deceased animals at least? A receipt for payment? A simple email acknowledging that a transaction even occurred between the two to begin with?

I mean....how did these folks communicate...by smoke signals?

If I lost $2000.00 worth of animals from ANYONE I'd be backing up every email that transpired between us as evidence to provide.

Its not about taking sides....its about qualifying the complaints.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:17 PM   #89
eajohnstone
Hi Carson and members of the BOI,

Here is my experience with Carson. Let me say in advance that it's embarrassing for me to make this post (you'll see why) but it's important that I tell this story for the sake of the reptile community.

I have loved pieds ever since I first saw one online a few years ago but I've never had the money to spend on high end ball pythons. I graduated college in 05 and decided that after a few paychecks I was going to buy a het pied male and several pos. het females. That was the plan until I saw an advertisement on Kingsnake from Herps Etc.

The ad was for a "low white pied" which he had priced at only $2000! I was very excited and decided to change my original plan because this deal was too good to be true. Of course, it turns out that this deal was in fact too good to be true...

I sent carson the money and he sent me the snake via DHL. When I got the snake I decided to take some pictures and send it to some other breeders and sure enough they told me that I had been scammed! I did not have a pied in my possession but rather a spectacular ringer. I'd post a picture but I don't know how. Basically he has a solid white ring that's about 1 inch by 1 inch that circumvents his body. He looks very similar to the ringer in NERDs book.

So, I had just spent $2000 on a snake that is not worth more than a few hundred dollars, if that. Needless to say I was very upset! I tried calling Carson, emailing Carson, responding to his other ads and I did not hear anything from him. I contacted my local police station but because I had very little information on Mr. Phelps there was little I could do. $2000 is a lot of money in my mind but apparently it would have cost me several times that in order to hire a private investigator and to pay my legal fees if I ended up tracking Carson down and bringing him to court. Since I cannot really afford to pay these costs, I decided to chalk this experience up to a very expensive "lesson learned."

Then about a month ago I get a call during dinner from a collection agency. Apparently Carson sent the snake to me COD even though we agreed that the $2000 included shipping costs. As it turns out DHL screwed up and never contacted me about this outstanding debt and as a result they turned over the debt to a collection agency. DHL and the collection agency advised me to pay the debt because these types of "scammers" were impossible to track down and that my credit score would be hurt even more if I didn't pay it immediately. So, I decided to pay the bill.

To summarize, I am out several hundred dollars on a misrepresented snake, I had to pay shipping costs even though he was supposed to, my credit score was damaged as a result, and I still have not heard from Carson in over 7 months. In retrospect I should have been more knowledgeable about ringers but to be perfectly honest I did not know that ringers could look so much like low-white pieds to the untrained eye. Additionally, I should have been more suspicious of a $2000 pied for sale when every other male pied was at least $4000. Now I know better and never again will I be scammed by someone in this industry!

Then recently I learned of this thread and decided I had to tell my story. Do I expect to get my money back? Well, based on Carson's refusal to respond to my emails and phonecalls for the past 7 months, I'd have to say "no." But if you really are trying to "make things right" Carson, I think you owe me an explanation and a generous refund. I work very hard for my money Carson, and it is my opinion that you have done me a great injustice.

If you do decide to do the right thing I will be sure to let the BOI know exactly how you have remedied the situation and the BOI will know that Herps Etc. has in fact changed their ways. If not, well then at least I know I've done a good thing by making the reptile community aware of our transaction.

I sincerely hope to hear from you soon Carson. If anyone would like more information, please don't hesitate to ask.

~Emily

Old 09-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #90
duhh001
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
I'm not taking sides with anyone. I'm just trying to understand how it is that outside of Carsons admittance to each problem and the offering to settle each dispute....that no one has offered any sort of documented proof in any form whatsoever to him or to us as members to view on this thread. No email exchanges, no photos, no nothing. All I'm seeing is "you screwed me carson, make it right". Where are the receipts of sale? Records of shipment? Email exchanges?

Can I say that Carson owes me $9000.00 on a past deal that went sour and I want my money back? Would you want to see my proof posted here? A photo of the deceased animals at least? A receipt for payment? A simple email acknowledging that a transaction even occurred between the two to begin with?

I mean....how did these folks communicate...by smoke signals?

If I lost $2000.00 worth of animals from ANYONE I'd be backing up every email that transpired between us as evidence to provide.

Its not about taking sides....its about qualifying the complaints.
I've got my backup, which I'd be happy to forward to you. As of yet I haven't seen Carson answer to one of my complaints.
1. Non-Feeders (Sold as Aggresive Feeders, took over a month to get one to eat, the other regurates every meal)
2. Undersized (Supposed to be 110+gm, came in at 70g)
3. Sent COD (Agreed price included Shipping)
4. Also shipment was supposed to be Insured (Wasn't)

Market price has nothing to do with selling someone else's crap, misrepresented as Top Quality Animals. Carson was told from the begining they wouldn't eat, and decided to just ignore the problem.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
carson phelps, herps etc