IBD Allen belcher/Big daddys wholesale - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #131
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcherps
In my opinion anyone knowingly selling carriers should be held criminally negligent

I have been and am in many industries and it pains me to say that the reptile industry which is my passion has the largest percentage of scumbags out of them all.

ben cole
Good points Ben. Notice "scumbag"

Old 11-22-2006, 06:51 PM   #132
Jon Mitchell
New Spiders

Well, I got my two new spiders today and they look great. They are fat and appear healthy. I am sure they are fine and will flourish. It's funny, I got them both for the same price Allen sold me the single male that was very sickly looking when I got him.

The spiders are the same age as the one from Allen that died and they are a 100 grams heavier. Go figure, someone feeding their snakes and taking care of the properly.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Jon

Old 11-22-2006, 09:07 PM   #133
joepythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Mitchell
Well, I got my two new spiders today and they look great. They are fat and appear healthy. I am sure they are fine and will flourish. It's funny, I got them both for the same price Allen sold me the single male that was very sickly looking when I got him.

The spiders are the same age as the one from Allen that died and they are a 100 grams heavier. Go figure, someone feeding their snakes and taking care of the properly.

Just wanted to let everyone know.

Jon
Jon,first off sorry about the spider that passed on.Since you have these 2 new spiders that are in perfect condition have you made a good guy post on the seller? Not trying to tell you what to do,just thought by chance Allen could see how a proper breeder cares for his snakes .

Old 11-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #134
joepythons
oops

Sorry i just noticed the good guy post

Old 11-27-2006, 07:36 PM   #135
Cat_72
Jon, have you heard anything back from the tests?

Old 11-30-2006, 12:05 AM   #136
Jon Mitchell
Got the test results back today. They were inconclusive. Talking with the vet that performed the Necropsy at Purdue, he said that given the symptoms and the amount of time he lived, his guess was IBD. When the snake was sent, they just asked for a necropsy and didn't state anything about IBD. When I spoke with the vet, I didn't say anything either but wanted to ask him about the results. I gave him the entire history of the snake, I keep a pretty detailed account for each viewing, and he said it sounds like IBD.

He also said that with me quarentining him when I did, the others should be ok but to keep an eye on them. So far, everyone seems fine and he hasn't been in the general population for almost three months. My fingers are crossed that everything is ok but well see.

Sorry guys, nothing to add to the shame of Allen Blecher. I am sure as many of you probablly are, it was IBD.

Jon

Old 11-30-2006, 12:30 AM   #137
BryonsBoas
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully nothing else has been infected if it was IBD. Got my toes crossed for ya.

Old 11-30-2006, 08:58 AM   #138
JunglePaul
Why is Kingsnake still allowing this guy to advertise? How much MONEY do they need before they start caring about the animal's well-being and the customers that are being robbed??!!! It's painfully obvious that people will lose their established collections when they unknowingly buy sick animals. At some point, somebody needs to use sound moral judgment and look beyond their pocketbooks!

Old 11-30-2006, 09:00 AM   #139
Cat_72
Aw jeez Jon.....I wish you could have gotten some conrete results one way or the other, but the time in the freezer may have taken its toll. I would still feel pretty confident (especially with the Purdue vet's opinion) that it was IBD, now we'll just all have to keep our digits crossed that the rest of your collection is clean.

Allen............how do you sleep at night?

Old 11-30-2006, 12:53 PM   #140
Kairo
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcherps
In my opinion anyone knowingly selling carriers should be held criminally negligent-like if you sold beef with BSE, but we all know reptiles are not treated that way so it would just end up a civil suit. In which case the victims will never recover any money, just like the many reptile thefts and the TSE scam.

I have been and am in many industries and it pains me to say that the reptile industry which is my passion has the largest percentage of scumbags out of them all.

ben cole
I highly agree! Me being a worry wart when it comes to friends who bring their Boas/Bp's over my home, now i find myself sitting outside with them, while my snakes are left in their cages in their room. Going back in my home i change out and wash up well! I do not want to run the risk of any of my snakes getting sick, and worse dying on me. This is my friend who often comes over and has Ball Pythons dropping like flies now. And has not taken one to the Vet. to be checked. Or worse yet at this point now, not taken the any of the others that lived in the same cage with these snakes to be seen by a Vet. I have a great exotic Vet. here in Fl. but he wont go.

I know how reptiles are regulated in Petstores. They are not. No laws protect them. And this makes me mad. The only thing to do is get these people who we know are selling snakes with IBD off other sites. This disease has no cure...this angers me to no end. It's a death sentence for our collection of other Pythons/boas etc. perhaps.

If i bought from this person and found this site after my animal died, and it was probable IBD shown i would sue this guy simply because my others will probably have to be put down!! I keep all my snakes in one large room, different cages, but still.

Yes he NEEDS to be pulled off other sites. And STOP selling. Many people only go to Kingsnake to buy, so they are not looking here.

Also MIKE GREATHOUSE ROCKS! I bought his 6 yr. old male Boa with the reverse strip who went on his first lecture with me!!!! (had to throw that in)

This being said...go with the big guys who have an outstanding rep!

This other "seller" is selling with the knowledge that he has sick animals, sick...now that is a suit! First if a person has animals that are sick and does not get treatment for them it's ABUSE, they suffer! Also it's more than wrong to sell SICK animals to the public. Reptiles are animals! Disease spreads and wipes out large collections causing much damage to us and a loss of many dollars in breeding projects. Not to mention mine are simply my darling snakes that share time with me in the home for hours of pleasure! Breeder or snake lover (pets if you will) it still is bad business to have him selling.

He needs to stop this insane 'game' at our expense for his profit.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!