Bad Guy Beware of Jerry Kruse - Page 93 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:14 AM   #921
LauraB
And Stu .. sorry that after all this time, you've still been S'krused.

Karma is such a delightful mistress

Old 08-10-2015, 08:24 AM   #922
TONY D
I cut ties with Jerry about a year ago. Up to a point, my personal experiences with him had been good but it was becoming obvious that he could be reckless when it came to the hobby. The only good things that have come out of all this is that Stu got his refund and he doesn't hold my participation here against me.

As for Jerry, I wish him no ill will and take no delight in his current circumstances. I hope he finds his way past all this.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:17 PM   #923
tim brophy
I would not want to be one of the folks who dealt with Jerry in the past few years. Possibly FWS got some names from him as part of a plea bargain.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:04 PM   #924
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim brophy View Post
I would not want to be one of the folks who dealt with Jerry in the past few years. Possibly FWS got some names from him as part of a plea bargain.
Since he was known to be poaching and smuggling for a couple of years, and he was VERY anxious (I wonder why lol) to avoid actual jail time, I would imagine a prize winning canary has NOTHING on mr. kruse right now.

Old 08-11-2015, 02:12 AM   #925
ElexisC
Wow, it took me about 3 days to read this, between taking care of my animals, kids, and other stuff and reading this in my spare time (I just recently got into colubrids too so wanted to familiarize myself with his name). Stu I'm glad you got your money back, I would NOT have been as patient as you were and you handled it amazingly. From those articles I just see FWS and the AR nuts coming after us even harder now thanks to this ... not going to get another infraction. Ugh but at least he was stopped. Maybe if some of the people who participated in the past that KNEW what he was doing had spoke up and reported him we wouldn't be hit with this in such a crucial time with all of the snake bans and exotic animal bans. For those people who CHOSE to keep quite I am disappointed. He's been doing this for more than 3 years, that's obvious with then speaking of years before this thread was created. But I digress. At least he was caught, although at a bad time for herpers..

Old 01-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #926
Tim Cole
Reptile enthusiast who shipped rattlesnake, other creatures in the mail must pay $4,0

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2510956

Old 02-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #927
RossCA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
Thanks for the update. I guess they didn't read this thread. Of course he was in it for the money. He went on vacation as soon as he got that money from Stu. I wouldn't call that going back into maintaining his snakes.

Old 02-21-2016, 02:59 AM   #928
Desert Queen
Oh I think USFW read all of this thread. The good news is nobody should ever get Kruse'ed again. Posting the story again because it bears repeating.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.2510956

Old 02-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #929
AaronBayer
Does anyone know who else was involved with this? Who sent/ purchased these snakes? If it's been mentioned and I missed it, oops. I think one individual from Bishop CA is obvious, but who else.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!