Albino Ball Python Died!! - Page 16 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-29-2003, 06:28 PM   #151
HerpVenue
Thanks Cheri, you did clear up a couple things.
But there are a couple I still want answers too

Also I meant cooling packs...but since it is cold..I subconsiously put heating packs.

Quote:
Still love me? Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.......errr forget that one
I will only comment once I see pictures.

I still would like to know..
1. how many snakes were bought.
2. did his partner write down any of the info
3. did his partner depend on his memory to keep the info straight (specially after a 36 hour straight through drive)
4.Did his partner bring the necessary suplies to care for the snakes on the trip or did he just leave them in the tupperwares or pillow cases.
5. Did his partner maybe confuse one snakes info for another?

As far as the snake being too young. Yes it was too young. But there is a point when I do not consider the seller to be responsible.

When I took home my snakes which were too young. I knew I was taking a gamble and never even considered a partial refund if anything happened to them. Then again I did not drive 36 hours from florida to arizona either. a 36 hour straight through non stop drive that took three days. 3 days which equals 72 hours.

Old 01-29-2003, 07:58 PM   #152
David Reid
Thumbs down Grasping at straws???

It seems as though the unhappy buyer, errr, person who eventually ended up with the albino ball is grasping at straws in this thread.

1) In the herp business (much like the stock market), if you cannot afford to lose it ie-$2500, then do not spend it. Snakes are animals, some stronger than others, some taken better care of than others, some genetically inferior to others, some just not born to make it. If you feel your snake was genetically inferior, then you have to have some information to back that up. So far I have seen nothing to back your claim. Now, if 3 out of 5 babies from your ball's clutch died......, then you may have something to talk to the seller about. As it is, you have VERY little if anything to complain about.
2) You did not directly purchase the animal from the seller. For an expensive ball, I would not trust anyone but myself to make the purchase. Then, along with how many other snakes...your animal made a 1500+/- mile trip in a truck. How was it taken care of by your "partner?"
3) If the ball ate a couple of times and then spirals down hill, it appears that it WAS healthy, and then took a turn for the worse.
Who's fault is that?

It just appears that the buyer did many things that COULD have led to the demise of HIS ball python...

Dave Reid
Hoggwildreptiles

Old 01-29-2003, 11:48 PM   #153
franklinedwards60
Talking About the trip home.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

But a Truck Driver can only legally drive 8 hour in a 24 hour period. Because if he were to get pulled over and he log book didn't match his location he could lose his CDL?

Maybe that is where the other time went he was still on the road.

Also Adam has proved nothing here. Nerd (kevin) shouldn't have to say anything as Adam still hasn't even proved that the snake is actuallt dead. I have not seen any reports or pictures of this dead animal.

Heck Adam could have it in his snake room right now for all we know.

As John said in the post that got deleted by the Webslave. Adam has said in the past he could lead us all around as if we were sheep. Maybe this is what he is doing right now.

As there is no proff what so ever from Adam that this snake is dead. The only feed chart we have seen was from someone else who bought some animals from NERD. Nothing from Adam himself.

So Adam need to prove that there is even a dead animal here and a reciept for said aniaml that states it came from Nerd.

<b>Or this is all just hear say and we should take what Adam is saying with a grain of Salt.</b>

Old 01-29-2003, 11:58 PM   #154
HerpVenue
Quote:
But a Truck Driver can only legally drive 8 hour in a 24 hour period.
Very interesting indeed.
He was able to back peddle on the genetics issue.
If he can back peddle out of this one......I will proclaim him a GOD.

Old 01-30-2003, 12:10 AM   #155
Stardust
Not that I have been a truck driver, but I do know truckers sometimes carry a second log for just that purpose. Not much money to be had if not.
Of course this is just something I happen to know, not in anyway insinuating THIS truck driver does that

Old 01-30-2003, 12:13 AM   #156
ms_terese
Just my .02 cents on the driving issue....

I believe that it's 10 hours out of 24 that CDL people can drive. If they drive more than that and someone checks their log books, they can be reprimanded, fined, or eventually have their license revoked.

However, many drivers that are paid by the mile push the envelope, and even keep more than one log book. (FYI, I'm not a truck driver, but one of my closest friends is.) Drivers that *really* overdo it, though, by driving 12+ hours with inadequate sleep or try to compensate by taking the over the counter stimulants are very much frowned upon even by other drivers, not just the people that make the regulations. It's not safe to be driving a truck with a trailer when your senses are dulled. God help them if they're in an accident and those log books don't add up correctly.

Interestingly, though......if the actual buyer was working during the show, he would have to have done some pretty good scheduling to either pick up a load BEFORE the show and let it sit while he was buying snakes, or he would have had to pick up the load AFTER the show, which would have added some significant time to the travel.

Now, no one has actually said whether or not this person was working at that time, or whether the reference to him being a truck driver was to demonstrate that he was used to making long hauls and that 2000 mile trip to Arizona was done expeditiously. Heck, I don't even know if this guy has a CDL or if he's a local milk truck driver.

Like I said, just my .02 on the travel from Daytona to Tucson thing.

Old 01-30-2003, 01:36 AM   #157
Adam Block
Quote:
He was able to back peddle on the genetics issue.
If he can back peddle out of this one......I will proclaim him a GOD.
Independent’s they own their truck and drive as a team.

Legally 10 hours of driving per person but you can drive again after 8 hours sleep. Of course in doing so you would end up running out of hours at the end of a week but we're not talking about a week here.

Don't know many people that would take a 30+ hour drive in a truck and stop at my house when they were done. I got the snakes within 24 hours of my partner getting home but put three days to be safe.

Keep poking but the only holes we have here not being probed are Kevin’s.

I'm currently looking into 5 other dead ball pythons. We'll see what comes of this but I'll let this post go however you all choose. Hasn't anybody started to ask why I have an answer for anything asked and Kevin has yet to address one question asked of him? What I can't wait for is for Kevin to lock in a hatch date. Kevin knows, damned if you do damned if you don't!

Adam Block

Hey Ritchie don't you owe me something?

Old 01-30-2003, 02:36 AM   #158
franklinedwards60
Talking all I can right now

Adam you fail to prove you evn have a dead snake. So this must mean you are a <b>lair.</b>

Until you prove differnt then that is all you have done so far.

Anyone can say they have had an animal die but without proff. That is all it is is your word. you should know this much from this board.

<b>With out proof all your word don't men poop.</b>

Old 01-30-2003, 03:18 AM   #159
WebSlave
Frank,

Watch the accusations, please. Lack of proof presented does not automatically make someone eligible to be called a liar. I want this, and all other threads on this site to be civil and respectful of all participants. And I expect language to be used that will help everyone else react this way as well.

Thank you.

Old 01-30-2003, 07:32 AM   #160
HerpVenue
Quote:
Independent’s they own their truck and drive as a team.

Legally 10 hours of driving per person but you can drive again after 8 hours sleep. Of course in doing so you would end up running out of hours at the end of a week but we're not talking about a week here.

Don't know many people that would take a 30+ hour drive in a truck and stop at my house when they were done. I got the snakes within 24 hours of my partner getting home but put three days to be safe.
Can you please tell us the whole story and all the details?
Because at first it was just your partner who drove 24-36 hours straight. Now your partner has a partner. You also state that you got the snake 24 hours after your partner got home. So basically all the information you gave is incorrect.

A. Your partner (alone) drove 24-36 hours straight.
b. your partner and his partner drove

a. your partner drove 24-36 hours straight to your house
b. your partner drove to your house after he got home

1. how many snakes were bought.
2. did your partner write down any of the info
3. did your partner depend on his memory to keep the info straight (specially after a 36 hour straight through drive)
4.Did your partner bring the necessary suplies to care for the snakes on the trip or did he just leave them in the tupperwares or pillow cases.
5. Did your partner maybe confuse one snakes info for another?
6. Where does your partner live?
7. was he working at the time?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!