PVC pipe roach racks? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
GuinnyOne
PVC pipe roach racks?

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to build a rack using pvc pipe for something like roach tubs?

I was thinking that I might just give it a go. But I was wondering if I should use 1.5 inch or ???? What size would be strongest? Perhaps there are other materials (I hate working with wood). Just thought it would be lightweight, easy to clean around...that sort of thing.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on the matter.

If I build one, I'll post a picture

Old 12-21-2005, 08:47 PM   #2
coyote
I used PVC pipe to build a "perch" for my bird. He hadn't been living "in" a cage for years so I thought to dispense with the harder to clean cage and provide, instead, a PVC "tree". It has worked well for the past 5 years. How to extrapolate using PVC to build a rack, I can't imagine. I look forward to seeing the ideas.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:47 PM   #3
GuinnyOne
Shoot, they make pvc pipe bathroom pirches for birds nowadays LOL.

I actually made a basking area for my water turtles at one point using pvc pipe and joints...worked wonders and the turtles loved it. It was solid.

I figured since the roaches don't need lids (just bug stop for the climbing species), that an open air rack wouldn't be too difficult. Just build a big rectangular box and add cross sections to support the rubbermaid tubs.....

Course everything in my house has to have a lid...16 cats later and nothing is safe LMAO...even the roaches. And forget leaving a bag of feeder fish on the table unattended for more than 5 minutes...that bag is open, floor is wet, and the fish are GONE!!!

I think I'll work on some plans tonight for this roach rack. I really think 1.5 inch pvc should work...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!