What to do now? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-09-2006, 09:55 AM   #1
a1littlesister
Arrow What to do now?

Abbott and Costello are now about 4 months old. I had them eating greens for a little while....now for over 2 weeks they have stopped. They won't touch them at all. I have tried all different kinds separate and mixed together everything. My fridge is now full of rotting greens. I do feed them to the crickets they still eat them. What am I doing wrong? How the heck do you get these stubborn things to eat? I started to not feed them any crickets thinking they would get hungry enough to eat greens but wasn't sure if that is a good idea or not. I don't want to make them sick. Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Alexa

Old 11-09-2006, 10:57 AM   #2
Rebel Dragons
If they have reached a stage where they turn up their noses at greens, there's not much you can. Just keep offering them and eventually they will start eating them again. Most of my dragons went through phases like that as well. They'll come around and start eating the greens again after this little phase ends.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
burmlady
The only way my beardie will eat his veggies is if I mix a little cilantro in them.I don't put alot in with the rest of his greens,enough for smell and taste.
Beardies supposedly LOVE cilantro, and he DOES

Old 11-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #4
a1littlesister
Cilantro is something I haven't tried...I'll give that a try. Thanks

Old 11-09-2006, 01:05 PM   #5
Lauren Summey
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by burmlady
The only way my beardie will eat his veggies is if I mix a little cilantro in them.I don't put alot in with the rest of his greens,enough for smell and taste.
Beardies supposedly LOVE cilantro, and he DOES
What is Cilantro? Sorry, I haven't heard of it before and I was just curious...

Old 11-09-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
techgirl
you can find cilantro in the fresh herb section of your supermarket. I have never tried that either. I'm going to have to try it and see if it'll work with my guys. They don't touch greens at all. All they will eat are superworms. I'm low on roaches because they are breeding now and I don't have enough babies to get back into feeding them roaches.

Old 11-09-2006, 03:20 PM   #7
Brenda777
Cilantro, really, I will have to give it a try. My beardies did the same thing. First they ate them like crazy and now only once in a while.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:55 PM   #8
Robust_Beardies
We tried our dragons on mint leaves. They went wild for the stuff! Maybe it's the strong odor that attracts them . . . ?

Old 11-09-2006, 07:27 PM   #9
Brenda777
Maybe it is the strong odor. I cilantro and mint leaves safe for them to eat. If so I am going to buy some tomorrow.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:41 PM   #10
a1littlesister
Cilantro should be safe...it is kind of like a Mexican form or parsly and mint is digestable and good for most animals. But these are my first Beardies so don't know about them...but mint aids in digestion..seems it would do the same for them. I'm getting some cilantro tomorrow and trying it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!