Who Has The Biggest Bearded Dragon Out There? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-21-2012, 12:54 AM   #11
mikepanzarella
The biggest I've ever heard of was 700 range but then again I'm kinda new but I figured 800 grams would be very uncommon and 24+ inches a myth

Old 02-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #12
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepanzarella View Post
The biggest I've ever heard of was 700 range but then again I'm kinda new but I figured 800 grams would be very uncommon and 24+ inches a myth
Ha ha, I always thought 24" was realistic, until I started digging into the lineages of the German Giant, and found out that the length was attributed to it being a hybrid and not a selectively bred characteristic. I don't believe modern German giants carry much if any of the barbata gene pool anymore, especially since the majority seem more particular about out crossing.

Old 02-21-2012, 01:25 AM   #13
mikepanzarella
Well like I said I'm new so I can't speak for years past but I have yet to see anything that would be a giant and when I see giant listed as part of a dragons genetic I ignor it I have 2 dragons that ate said to have giant genes but I don't consider them to have it I think I put it in the same catogory as luci there marketed not really true giants/Luci's but Then again what do I know

Old 02-21-2012, 01:47 AM   #14
DNA Dragons
Yes, length would likely be a multifactorial trait and unless crossed with a completely different specie it would take planning and a lot of time to reproduce them consistently (entire clutch reaching the length).

Old 02-21-2012, 01:55 AM   #15
mikepanzarella
Me I would like to see things like coral glow,pied,and other things u would see in geckos and ball pythons sucks we can't get wild caught to get new genes we have been using the snake dragons for what 40 years yes diverse now but still nothing like new. Genes to toss in the mix
Much rather see new colors and patterns then a dragons that's 30 inches long
Even as much as it would impress me to see one that big
Just thinking about trying to house all those big dragons if u bred them lol it would be to much lol mine already take over my room And I only have 12 adults

Old 02-21-2012, 02:45 AM   #16
DNA Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepanzarella View Post
I would like to see...coral glow,pied, ... Much rather see new colors and patterns then a dragons that's 30 inches long
Have you checked out my facebook page?

Old 02-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #17
mikepanzarella
yeah ive seen that pied but has it been proven as a trait or is it more of a paradox
theres no doubt you have some insane dragons and i hope to have a collection like that someday but im talking morphs that are available like i can get a pied ball anytime or even an albino for that matter or how about even a spinner and thats just basic ball pythons something we lack with dragons
like i love the way a dunner looks but it being soo new the prices for a single gene dragon is just insane like if i pay $xxxx i want it to be a 2 or 3 gene animal something that i cant just buy and make it will hold its value much longer like i could understand paying $1500 for a tiger,dunner leather or even more for one with trans but for just a colored dunner when you break it down its just another co dom/ dom trait that can be bred into a regular and get 50% dunner without all the diversity the value cant sustain itself for that long
if i paid asking price on a dunner baby by the time i bred it i would be losing money lol
not to take away from how far u guys have come its truly remarkable givin the pool u have those dragons are just insane looking
and we really need to make a dragon calculator like geckos and bp's have make things so easy

Old 02-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #18
DNA Dragons
Ha ha Mike, I understand that. Don't take this the wrong way, better for us to take this to PM than directing this thread in a different direction. In respect to Kevin's who asked a pretty interesting question.

CJ

Old 02-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
mikepanzarella
ok back on topic lol ncrippen has a add up saying his dragon frankie is 24 inches and 540 grams i asked him to post a pic for us with a tape measure so lets hope we get to see a dragon thats really that big

Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 AM   #20
Ed Clark
There are a few 24"ers on this board.

Tere Salazar posted a pic in a thread I started a year or 2 ago.I will try to find it.

Tere if you see this please post another pic of your handsome boy again.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!