Need a bit of help; no idea what type he maybe! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-12-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
Wyildss
Need a bit of help; no idea what type he maybe!

I've bought this 'Fancy bearded dragon' from Petsmart here in Az, Tuscon; but not being a breeder as of yet I'm not too sure what he maybe.

Colors: Normally sandy, to a lighter brown in coloring.

Marking colors: He gets this orange coloring along his front and back legs, his throat has two spots that are orange/yellow; the markings by his eyes as well turn orange.

His about 16 inches; which I'm guessing places him over a little 1 year old.

* Pics are far too big, turned them into links.

http://i.imgur.com/BAOYe1o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/91rgSnA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Hzjmvtt.jpg

Old 07-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #2
Ed Clark
Looks like a normal.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2014, 01:20 AM   #3
Wyildss
Well, it's good to know never the less :3.

I'm guessing he may have had some orange in his bloodline before; the orange on him can get quite bright/dark.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #4
river-7
Looks like a normal to me as well

Old 07-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #5
Ed Clark
He will display his best color late in the day when he is under the basking light and hot.

He can possibly be het for something only breeding him will tell.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #6
LauraB
He's a normal beardie. From PetSmart, don't expect anything "fancy" or het. Just take good care of what you bought, as he looks healthy.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:20 AM   #7
Wyildss
Well thanks guys and We feed him well LauraB; he can be quite the piggie xD.

Also, I do have a question; we just bought a female bearded dragon and shes a lot older then Spike.

He being 16 inches and she about 12? I believe it was.

What would be the best way to introduce these two?

From what my mother told me, she thinks he is in the 3-7 month old range and the female is a year old (roughly what I'm guessing; don't have the link any more) from what the breeder said.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #8
Mistyck
Why would you be wanting to introduce them now? They do NOT need to be introduced until you're breeding them, and even then they breed and then need to be separated.

In other words, you do not introduce them until they are breeding age, which your male will not be until he's 12-14 months, and until she is roughly 18ish. Plus, she is way too small to breed. She needs to be over 16 inches to breed, plus over the 300 gram range in weight.

And if he is already 16 inches, then he's older than 3-7 months. So the age judgement is wrong. He's probably closer to a year if not older, especially if you bought him from a chain pet store.

Also he is a normal bearded dragon, coloring has nothing to do with "fancy" or morphs.

Do you know the background of your female? Is she from the same place? If so they are likely related, which means you can't breed them.

There are a lot of factors to take in when you think of breeding dragons. So unless you're planning on them breeding when you introduce them, there is no need to do so.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:28 PM   #9
Wyildss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistyck View Post
Why would you be wanting to introduce them now? They do NOT need to be introduced until you're breeding them, and even then they breed and then need to be separated.

In other words, you do not introduce them until they are breeding age, which your male will not be until he's 12-14 months, and until she is roughly 18ish. Plus, she is way too small to breed. She needs to be over 16 inches to breed, plus over the 300 gram range in weight.

And if he is already 16 inches, then he's older than 3-7 months. So the age judgement is wrong. He's probably closer to a year if not older, especially if you bought him from a chain pet store.

Also he is a normal bearded dragon, coloring has nothing to do with "fancy" or morphs.

Do you know the background of your female? Is she from the same place? If so they are likely related, which means you can't breed them.

There are a lot of factors to take in when you think of breeding dragons. So unless you're planning on them breeding when you introduce them, there is no need to do so.
Hmm, well she is going to be my mother's dragon, figured they may as well have an introduction, in case they're both out at once and we need to know what to look out for / stop before it happens (if it does.)

And no, shes from on here. There is no way that they're related. And she is a orange hypo het translucent.

I know they won't likely throw anything colorful, mostly for a need-to-know-biases, more so then breeding as of right now - we likely will purchase a male to go with her via breeding wise.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #10
Mistyck
You really don't want them out at the same time, due to the possibility that they might mate.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!