Buyers and Sellers BEWARE! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:01 PM   #1
Ghi Reptiles
Stop! Buyers and Sellers BEWARE!

Over the last couple of years I have heard many horror stories of people being ripped off in this business. Collections have been robbed, animals taken right off tables at expos, money has been sent and animals were never delivered, money has been sent and bad animals were delivered and so on. Let me tell you about one of my experiences that still haunts me today.....

I think just about everyone knows about my deal with a Tim Bowles just over a year ago. Well today marks the 1 year anniversary of the death of one of my favorite snakes! My mistake was believing someones BS and not seeing the red flags that he was throwing out there. In short I paid $2,500.00 up front for what was suppose to be a beautiful New Locality emerald tree boa and this is what I got......

A snake with a death sentence. To this day 07-05-04 and in this post on Kingsnake Suticat's post I am still being harrassed by either Tim or someone else using his login info. My name is mentioned in the article that is scrolling across the screen....old news from 1997. This article is also in Tim Bowles RedTailBoa.net gallery and my name is highlighted in it. It seems he has an entire page dedicated to me....creepy isn't it! A few of his friends including Bobby Pruett have joined in too over the last year and one of them got so bad that he was booted off a forum where just about anything goes, The Reptile Room. I have been threatened with many things including being told on a public forum 'You have no idea how close I am, I can be in your front door within minutes' (The FBI loved that one). So not only do I have to put up with paying $2,500.00 for a 'dead' snake but a year later these morons are still going at it. I guess getting caught really pisses some people off.

So on the anniversary of one of my favorite snakes death I would like to thank everyone for the kind words over the last year and I am here to urge everyone to be very careful who you buy from and who you sell to! Do background checks on who you are dealing with before you buy or before you send money up front on a purchase. The best thing to do is go on the BOI right here and ask about someone or do a search on them. Get all of the particulars worked out before hand and maybe you will not have to go through what myself and many others in this business/hobby have gone through. Good luck everyone and enjoy this wonderful hobby of ours!

Old 08-05-2004, 06:19 PM   #2
Ghi Reptiles
Quote:
To this day 07-05-04 and in this post on Kingsnake Suticat's post I am still being harrassed by either Tim or someone else using his login info.
Sorry this should have read 08-05-04

Old 08-06-2004, 02:26 AM   #3
TimCoplan
How have you been matt? I have been forced to sell off a few of my snakes because I need the money. I got some harrassing emails from tim bowles too, kinda sad hes still stalking us after a year. Funny thing is he acts like im such a bad guy to do business with and that I have had all these problems, where one deal with me hasnt gone wrong.

From: "BasinsRus" <suticat@insight.rr.com> [Add to Address Book] [View Source]
To: <t.coplan@comcast.net>
Subject: PRICED REDUCED AGAIN, I really need to sell.
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 01:30:36 +0000

PRICED REDUCED AGAIN, I really need to sell.

LMAO

Having some trouble moving your animals timmy copland?

Your reputation is what is what is keeping everyone from buying from you at any price.

You should have thought about that before you opened your mouth and proved to everyone you are dipchit loudmouth little punk.

Have a nice day.

(Attachments successfully scanned for viruses.)

Attachment 1: bouncesmile.gif (image/gif)

Attachment 2: smileys2.gif (image/gif)

Is TIM BOWLES going to be doing this 10 years from now while everyone else is still enjoying the hobby? I bet so because he has no life, he has killed all of his animals and ripped people off. He is sad in my opinion. I will be away from the forums/the arboreal scene for a while because of work and school, but when I come back I wont expect tim to be gone, because if he did leave what would he do? His whole life consists of harrassing people on the internet.

Old 08-06-2004, 03:21 PM   #4
Ghi Reptiles
Priceless Quote

Quote:
Your reputation is what is what is keeping everyone from buying from you at any price.
How ironic, maybe he snagged it from an incoming e-mail.

Old 08-06-2004, 04:04 PM   #5
PristinePythons
Very Sad

It's Sad some have taken things this far just for a few bucks!

John Light
Pristine Pythons

Old 08-11-2004, 02:15 PM   #6
Ghi Reptiles
Hey Tim,

Doing well thanks! Nice mature e-mail I see. Kind of shows what he is really like you 'loudmouth little punk' you. I wonder if that actually makes someone feel like a tough guy when in reality they aren't....who knows. Anyway, don't worry about the 'reputation' comment it's probably a sign of self doubt, guilt, and self pitty.

Nice to see you haven't been pushed away because of the hard time they have been giving you! Good luck with school......

Old 09-01-2004, 07:29 PM   #7
bcfos
Moron gang

Matt I see the moron gang is still at it with you. Can't they all just go to the gay resort and leave you alone??

Old 09-01-2004, 08:54 PM   #8
TimCoplan
Haha how long is this going to go on. Will tim bowles still be stalking people online for the next ten years or more? haha you can tell he has nothing better to do.

Old 09-02-2004, 01:11 AM   #9
Ghi Reptiles
It has been an interesting year having to put up with the threats, lies, and all the other crap they try to pull but it seems everyone is on to their antics including the MOD team at the Kingsnake Tree Boa Forum, they did a great job editing and deleting their immature posts. I think these guys have just about done themselves in without anyone elses help.