The Mouse Factory - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-20-2002, 12:43 PM   #1
snakie
The Mouse Factory

I would like to know if anyone has dealt with The Mouse Factory. Wanted to know if their rodents were of good quality (not freezer burnt), packaged well (vacuum packaging), and if they were good to do business with (if rodents came when promised, were still frozen when delivered, and if you did have a problem, did they work well with you to get it resolved). Also, if any of you know of a good Frozen Rodent dealer near TN which has good quality frozen rats & mice and has reasonable prices, please let me know. Thanks in advanced.

J. R.

Old 11-21-2002, 12:18 AM   #2
jbuncc
i have dealt with the mouse factory in the past, then switched to rodent pro and my next order will be back with the mouse factory. i looked into big cheese rodents after seeing a very complimentary post on here about them and sent an email asking what they feed their animals (not once, but twice - first on the 1st of this month, second on the 15th of this month) and was ignored.
basically, i've been trying to find the best rodent supplier for me.
rodent pro took forever with shipping. first order was fine (other than taking over a week to get it, which they informed me of). second order was a day late and beginning to thaw, but still frozen enough to use. third order was a day late, delivered to the wrong place (not their fault, but goes to show the consistent screw up of their shipping company and the only reason i received it was because the person that lives at the place they delivered it to and left it was nice enough to bring it to me - guess he had no use for dead rats, hehe) and all but the largest rats were thawed completely. all the bags were also either splitting at the seams or had cuts in them elsewhere with rats hanging out. i called on the third shipment and informed them that i would not be using their service anymore and told them why. they refunded the portion of my order that was ruined and asked that i please remain their customer despite the screw up. i said no thank you. after this, i heard something about what they feed their rodents giving snakes abnormal looking stools and that reinforced my decision to stay away from them. PLEASE NOTE: I am not saying this is fact, it's just what i heard from someone who did careful investigation into the matter. i also emailed this person (who did not publicly state the company's name when asking about this phenomenon) and stated i had this problem with rodent pro's rats, and he said that was in fact the company he was researching this problem on. (this is also why i sent the email to big cheese rodents because on their website, they say "advanced rodent chow" and i have no clue what that is). the reason i went with rodent pro in the first place was because the size of their rodents were bigger and cheaper than the mouse factory. now i know why. they seem to me to be a round company - you know, one that cuts corners. oh yeah, their rats always had feces all over them in the bags. GROSS!
anyway, back to the mouse factory...
their product? VERY HIGH QUALITY
their packaging? vacuum sealed bags
their shipping? overnight, packed tightly in dry ice
any problems? yeah, (i must be the king of receiving rodents the day after i'm supposed to get them) a shipment was late and the rodents were BEGINNING to thaw. i told them they were fine to use, but they sent me a FULL replacement order along with their sincerest appologies.
oh yeah, NO feces on the rodents!!! animals are of consistent size and appear to be healthy, despite being dead (sorry, it's getting late and i needed a morbid humor break).
so, from now one, the ONLY rodent supplier i will order from is the mouse factory!

Old 11-21-2002, 11:03 AM   #3
Ricks Reptiles
Mouse factory A+++

J.R.

I have purchased thousands of feeder mice from the Mouse Factory, and there product is excellant! They come vacum sealed and are very good quallity. They are great to deal with, and get your order out right away.

I would not hesitate to buy from them if i were you. I have sent many friends to them and they all feel the same way.

Give them a try!

Old 11-21-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
Dennis Gulla
Another option to look into if someone is interested in good quality rodents is the Gourmet Rodent. They are located in Archer, FL. just outside of Gainesville. I have purchased a number of rodents from them in the past. They have good prices, accurately represented sizes/weights and clean rodents. There is nothing worse then thawing jumbo rats that are covered in feces!! Ugh! Every shippment was received on time and still frozen like a rock.
All of my animals did very well on them, good looking stools (is that possible)? LOL!
The only down side with the Gourmet Rodent is they pack the rodents in ziploc freezer bags, instead of vaccum packing them individually.

My .02

Old 11-21-2002, 04:04 PM   #5
Jerry Dorgan
Mouse Factory

I've had similar problems with rodent pro as Jonathan, my first and last order with them took over 2 weeks, rats covered with feces and wood chips. Mouse factory and Big Cheese get my money now.

Gig

Old 11-21-2002, 05:13 PM   #6
Darin Chappell
I undersstand what you all are saying about rodentpro vs. mouse factory. However, I have never had a problem with rodentpro, and with some of their prices being nearly 40% cheaper than mouse factory's, I can stand a few mouse droppings in the bag. I do wish they would vacuum seal their larger rodent bags, though.

Old 11-21-2002, 07:00 PM   #7
Mike DeBruce
I have always used G & G rodent farm from Florida. The prices are good and the rodents always arrive when they say they will. Mike

Old 11-22-2002, 10:36 AM   #8
Dianne Johnson
I currently use Rodent Pro because of the size of their rodents and their competitive prices. I've had no problems with their service so far nor with my snakes' stool.

However, another option is Mice On Ice (www.miceonice.com) who I used previously. The rodents from them are very good quality, have always arrived frozen, and are vaccuum sealed in the quantities you order. They cost a little more than Rodent Pro, but I imagine that is because of the vaccuum sealed packaging with the smaller quantities per package. Joe, the owner, provides good service, a quality product and timely delivery. I had no complaints with any of my orders from him.

Dianne

Old 11-22-2002, 11:49 AM   #9
WebSlave
I have been getting pinky mice from Cajun Mice for several years now, and have been extremely satisfied dealing with them. They were the ONLY rodent supplier I could find years ago that would agree to sending me thousands of ONLY 1 day old pinky mice and actually come through with it. I can email Rhonda on Monday night telling her I need 5,000 1 day old pinky mice, and she'll reply that they will be here on Wednesday. FedEx shows up on Wednesday and I stock up the freezer again.

Cajun Mice

Old 12-23-2003, 04:20 PM   #10
JohnHarper
Thumbs up Big Cheese Rodent Factory

I was very pleased with my order of mice from Big Cheese Rodent Factory. All of the mice I got from them was frozen solid. They packed them on dry ice and they also vaccum pack the mice. They also do a great job of packing too they re pack them in isulation to prevent heat loss. They feed their mice on mazuri. Its on their web page. I would reccomend them to anyone who wants great feeder mice or rats.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!