Steps To Become Fedex Certified!!! - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 06-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #101
pinhed
Wow that took a long time to read. wish i got here earlier =P

To all those who got the waiver and have shipped snakes through FedEx legally- What is the shipping charge for shipment of a "harmless reptile" ?

And is there any progress on the business to business clause?
Anyone talking to james brown about it?

All these shipping companies are just stupid if they dont realize the income they will bring in if they allow shipping of harmless reptiles.

Old 06-09-2004, 09:55 PM   #102
The Reptile House
Ye spoke to James he was firm on Bus to bus no residential but alot of people are obviously ignoring that part hugh!

I have found my shipping to be between $45-55 for overnight delivery and have had customers not wanting to pay that. i simply went under rates and that is for a reg package at there normal rate.

I do not see how they care if it goes to a residential address because either way they will not guarantee it so why does it matter?

Oh well.

Shanell Sepulveda

Old 07-02-2004, 10:51 AM   #103
Barbouri
Since Brian's post, has anyone been told that they cannot ship reptiles?

Old 07-02-2004, 02:17 PM   #104
The Reptile House
not anymore

I arange all my packages for shipping online, it's really easy and I do not have to mess with live help.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #105
gila7150
Hey guys,
I've read this thread but I'm still a little confused. I'll explain what I've done so far and plan to do and I'd really appreciate if someone who has been successful can confirm that I'm doing this right.

1.) I completed this application at www.fedex.com http://www.fedex.com/us/services/pdf...ion.pdf?link=4

2.) I mailed my package with my application to the FedEx testing facility.

That's as far as I've gotten so far. The rest I'm not sure about. These are the things that I think need to happen next but I'm not sure...

1.) I assume that I will receive an approval letter from the testing facility.

2.) I assume that I need to mail or fax this approval letter to a FedEx sales rep.

3.) I assume that I will then receive a contract from Fed Ex that I need to sign and send back.

4.) Then I'll receive my waiver in the mail and be ready to ship?

Thanks in advance for the help with this,
Chris

Old 07-14-2004, 07:45 PM   #106
The Reptile House
Your good so far.

The test and development place will send you back a full report and that will contain if you have been approved or not to ship live reptiles.

They will fax a copy of that report over to your account rep. When you get you report back call and ask for your rep to call you and make sure they got a copy of it. Your rep will then send you over the contract(mine overnighted it to me no charge). Sign it and make a copy of that- then you need to send it back to your rep to sign. Your rep will sign it and forward a copy to everyone who needs it. Then they should send you back a copy as well with his or her name on it.

It was a bit frustrating in getting a hold of my rep at first the whole process took me 4 weeks to complete.

If you have any other questions just ask here or feel free to e-mail me directly a mysnakehouse@aol.com.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:47 PM   #107
The Reptile House
one more thing

Ship all your packages online and you will save 10% off what the normal rates are. It is free to sign up at FEDEX.COM.

Old 07-14-2004, 07:56 PM   #108
gila7150
Thanks a lot! That was very helpful.
Chris

Old 07-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #109
mcqueen
I'm still not quite sure how everyone is getting around the business to business clause. If you are not sending from or to a business address, how do you slide this under their noses? Even if everything is done entirely online, it is fairly evident if a package is going to a business or not. I was all set to send out a test package, but I don't think this account would help me since almost all of my customers are at residential addresses. Thanks, Steve Tanner

Old 07-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #110
The Reptile House
It's evident that they do not really check, I have received reptiles from Fedex at my home address several times. As long as they get there money they do not care I guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
fedex certification, fedex waiver