Help with a friendly wager - enchis with a lesser twist - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-04-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
hhmoore
Help with a friendly wager - enchis with a lesser twist

No pictures....YET....because they aren't hatched.
I've got two clutches incubating - one from an enchi male to a "normal" female (it was a test date, to see if he was interested in such things; but when I pulled the tub 40 minutes later hoping to see a little courtship activity, he was already doing the deed. They were separated as soon as they were separated...but, by then, it was too late), the other from that same enchi male to my lesser female.
7 eggs from the normal, 5 from the lesser - of which only 3 were as good as they initially looked. When it was 5 eggs, I felt very strongly that I had at least 2 lesser enchis...but down to 3 eggs, that seemed too much to hope for.

The whole reason for this post is that Willow is also anxiously awaiting the hatch from an enchi/lesser pairing...but she was, unfortunately, left with only one fertile egg. Hers was laid two days after mine were, and are incubating at about a half degree warmer - so the race is on. Day 47 for me, 45 for her.
I told her in chat last night that I had 2 enchi lessers, and one lesser hidden in those 3 eggs. I think it's going to be a long 7-12 days.....unless she breaks down and cuts into hers, so I can look in mine.

(Sadly, I don't have any such hunches about the 7 egg clutch; but I'm not too concerned with the number because I'm counting on them being AWESOME. and mom wasn't a female I would have picked for an enchi pairing....test dates are dangerous)

Old 08-04-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
bradleymoore
I already told her that her egg is a lesser enchi. I think your 3 eggs are normals. no, I think you'll have a lesser enchi, 1 lesser and 1 normal.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:48 PM   #3
Utta
Willow's 1 egg has a LesserEnchi in it, you have 3 LesserEnchi's in yours. (im pessimistic, what can i say :P)((i know its optimism, im being sarcastic))

Old 08-04-2011, 03:54 PM   #4
hhmoore
Actually, we're looking for stakes for the wager (I know, I didn't say that).
Keep in mind this is a friendly wager...something to help the last week go by, until Bradley can convince Willow to cut the egg, lol.
Nothing crazy like she gets an enchi lesser if I am mistaken - we aren't THAT friendly.
If nothing mutually agreeable comes up, we can always fall back on me buying her a drink if I am wrong. (that, of course, leaves it pending unless/until we actually meet)

3 normals - thanks for the good wishes, Bradley. Should I remind you about that pied fiasco? lol
3 lesser enchis - I'm more of a realist, Tyler...it was hard enough for me to accept the idea of 2 + a lesser from 3 eggs.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #5
Utta
realistically?

Willow will get a Lesser, you'll get 1 Enchi Lesser and 2 Enchi's.

for a wager, dont both of you need to bet on something? is it who gets an enchi lesser? or if you do/dont get 2 enchi lessers and a lesser?

Old 08-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
Matt2979
$20 is a pretty friendly wager. I wish you both the best, and me, too! I've got no lessers at stake (in this clutch), but I bred both a honeybee and a pinstripe to a pastel. She gave me only 2 good eggs this year, and 1 went bad around day 40. Today's 56 so I'm hoping for some good news within 48 hours. And Tyler, if you're still reading this, I'll bet you $20 it's NOT a mojo.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
hhmoore
The bet is whether I get what I predicted - 3 lessers, 2 of which will also be enchis.
The stakes are currently undecided.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #8
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2979 View Post
$20 is a pretty friendly wager. I wish you both the best, and me, too! I've got no lessers at stake (in this clutch), but I bred both a honeybee and a pinstripe to a pastel. She gave me only 2 good eggs this year, and 1 went bad around day 40. Today's 56 so I'm hoping for some good news within 48 hours. And Tyler, if you're still reading this, I'll bet you $20 it's NOT a mojo.
if it is, winner gets the mojo!

how about winner gets one from the other persons clutch? (Harald looses, you send Willow a lesser, or an enchi, not a lesser enchi though, and if youre right, then willow sends you her uno egg if its not a lesser enchi?)

Old 08-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #9
KY Reptiles
Hmm okay Ill play.

Harald, you'll get a lesser enchi, lesser then enchi. Those 2 bad eggs were normals. I'd say those would be some crazy good odds and luck.

Willow, you'll get a lesser enchi.

Hope I'm right! Hehe

Good luck to the both of you.

Also I like Tylers idea, whoever is right of the two gets a baby.

Old 08-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #10
bradleymoore
no harald, you dont need to remind me. I remember very well.

the main reason I'm hoping it's a lesser enchi for her is because if it is, her male enchi will become mine. well, that and the fact that it's the only egg she'll have this year probably unless that pin is in fact gravid.

and for those of you who say whoever loses gets a hatchling from the other... I'm willing to bet willow wouldn't give it up no matter what it was, since it will be her first ever.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!