New ball pythons morphs/mutations - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-05-2005, 06:23 AM   #1
evansnakes
New ball pythons morphs/mutations

It has been really slow here so how about a fun thread? This is my list of animals that I am aware of that may potentialy be produced for the first time this season. Anything else thay anybody has the scoop on? Add it on here. What are you waiting to see this year? Next year? Eventually? Give me something to type and read when I can't sleep. I know Al is awake too.

This year's maybe list:

albino pied
albino genetic stripe
pied spider
true ghost (axanthic x hypo)
hypo genetic stripe
( I had a couple more in mind when I started and now can't remember them. I will be back.)

Old 04-05-2005, 08:35 AM   #2
gmherps
Evan,
The albino/pied (if it works) should be the SHINIZIT snake.

Just out of curiosity, what do y'all think the price tag will be on an albino/pied?
I'd say $50K to start the market.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:37 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
There’s been a lot of talk about pied combinations. Although being a recessive gene (and some have been demonstrated to combine with others) IMHO this will not happen with the piebald. Don’t ask me why, it’s just a hunch. It seems to me the piebald expression is an “all or nothing thing”. There have been double heteros albino-pied being produced for some time now, but no albino-pieds. Maybe I’m wrong, time will tell.

Regards.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #4
cheeba1983
I think your right in that it wont happen. I think that if it could happen then it already would have. In my opinion the pied gene wont combine with most genes. Think about this pieds have been around since when? And still no double crosses with them? Surely Pete/Ralph/Nerd would have atleast had an albino pied by now. Hopefully I am wrong as I love pieds.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 PM   #5
NEWReptiles
Another is the albino clown, I'm sure somebody has eggs cooking now from double het x double het.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:36 PM   #6
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWReptiles
Another is the albino clown, I'm sure somebody has eggs cooking now from double het x double het.

Oh man!!! That's gonna be AWESOME!!!!

Old 04-05-2005, 06:32 PM   #7
evansnakes
You guys are working under a misconception about pieds. It is wild looking but no different genetically then an albino or hypo. It is just a simple recessive mutation. The reason that nobody has produced an albino pied or other double homozygous animal including the pied gene is simple math. First you breed an albino to a pied or reverse the equation. Then you raise up you double hets for a couple years. Then you breed them to each other and you have 1 in 16 odds of producing an albino pied. Most clutches from 2 year old females will be 4-6 eggs. Even if you get 10-12 eggs the odds are statistically applied per egg in genetics, not by percentage, so it is like gambling. You could get 20 eggs and still not get one. So this year RDR has a couple clutches from double het x double het as I beleive will VPI and possible others. If you do not see albino pieds this year, next year you will.

Albino stripes are the same story.

BHB should produce albino clowns if he has not already. He has been breeding double hets he produced for a couple years now.

Pete Kahl in conjunction with NERD should produce pied spiders this year.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:38 PM   #8
evansnakes
RDR bred lavender albino x caramel albino this year. We should also see some other mixes with caramel albinos in the near future as they become more available. Caramel spiders, pieds, pinstripes and others are on the horizon.

Don't forget the wise words of Homer J. Simpson: "He'll get tired of biting me and let go in an hour or so. Snakes... natures' quiters."

Old 04-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #9
NEWReptiles
Quote:
BHB should produce albino clowns if he has not already. He has been breeding double hets he produced for a couple years now.
I heard there is one sitting in a jar somewhere, so I'm sure we will see some soon.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #10
cheeba1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by evansnakes
You guys are working under a misconception about pieds. It is wild looking but no different genetically then an albino or hypo. It is just a simple recessive mutation. The reason that nobody has produced an albino pied or other double homozygous animal including the pied gene is simple math. First you breed an albino to a pied or reverse the equation. Then you raise up you double hets for a couple years. Then you breed them to each other and you have 1 in 16 odds of producing an albino pied. Most clutches from 2 year old females will be 4-6 eggs. Even if you get 10-12 eggs the odds are statistically applied per egg in genetics, not by percentage, so it is like gambling. You could get 20 eggs and still not get one. So this year RDR has a couple clutches from double het x double het as I beleive will VPI and possible others. If you do not see albino pieds this year, next year you will.

Albino stripes are the same story.

Pete Kahl in conjunction with NERD should produce pied spiders this year.

Ok this was my point. Pieds have been around since the 80s. Albinos since the early 90s. And we still havnt seen anything with pieds. But we have seen carmel glows(carmel alb x ghost), snows(alb x axan), and albino ghost. Something just seems weird that we have these crosses but nothing with pieds. Everyone has pieds right? Werent they the first proven mutation? Just my opinion though

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!