More pics of the oddball - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2007, 04:34 PM   #71
jasballs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO1
I didnt put anyone down, it stated the truth, it is a normal.
Gary, i cant believe your sitting there lying, you would never bred a normal male to a breedable spider or mojave female, that would be insane.
If he is normal, You would only get spiders and or mojaves. With some more normals of course. Whats wrong with that? More spider,mojave females!! Drolling over here!!! It's better then getting a wc gravid female and selling all the offspring as you are D1CKHEAD!!

Old 05-13-2007, 05:33 PM   #72
RKO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnewbie
Why not? Unless all your worried about is the money you would lose on possible sales? Putting a pretty blue/grey eyed 'normal' ball to a mojave/ spider may produce some really amazing young or it may produce some very pretty normals, what have you lost? Nothing unless your wallet is that important to you that you wouldn't 'waste' a breedable female.....
Has nothing to do with money.
Breedable female morphs are valuble because of COMBOS.
I would rather make a nice combo, then normals, mojaves and spiders.
I would be alot more excited when i saw a bee, or a blue eyed lucy pipping than a spider, mojave or NORMAL.

Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #73
Cat_72
Quote:
Has nothing to do with money.
Breedable female morphs are valuble because of COMBOS.
I would rather make a nice combo, then normals, mojaves and spiders.
I would be alot more excited when i saw a bee, or a blue eyed lucy pipping than a spider, mojave or NORMAL.
But just THINK how excited you'd be if you saw something totally NEW pop out of that "normal" male.

Just think how folks felt when that first super stripe pipped....

But then some will never take the chance and find out, huh?

Old 05-13-2007, 07:59 PM   #74
SPJ
Breeding him to ANY female would not be wasting a female in my opinion.
So what if you get all normals? There is nothing wrong with that. Whether it is a blue eyed lucy or a normal peeking out of the egg, it's still exciting.
I have normal males here that I would never sell in a million years. I've raised them all their lives and they are "special" to me.
No animal is a waste IMO.
You may not think he is anything worth keeping since he is a male but I think he would make a great dinking project.
Just raising him to breeding size and having him breed would be worth it to me whether he produces all normal males or if he produces something cool. It doesn't matter. Would I like for him to produce cool offspring? Yes and if what people have told me is true, he is most likely a harlequin, which means the pattern and color is reproduceable.
You wondered why there where threads around regarding this snake. People have asked to see more pictures of him because they (as well as myself) have seen something unique with this guy and I have no problem showing him off.
I bet you are one of those people that think normal males are wortthless aren't you? Well, I don't think ANY are worthless.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:09 PM   #75
Cat_72
GREAT post, Steve.

The sight of ANY baby peeking out and seeing the world for the first time is cause to be excited, no matter what they look like. If you can't see the beauty in "just a normal", why bother?

Old 05-13-2007, 08:49 PM   #76
Gary O
Quote:
I didnt put anyone down, it stated the truth, it is a normal.
Gary, i cant believe your sitting there lying, you would never bred a normal male to a breedable spider or mojave female, that would be insane.

Hmm lets see I would still get half of the codom no matter what. or should I say about half give or take. Then lets say this thing proves to be something you ether prove it out with the spider or mojave.

And yes I would breed it to a breedable female morph. What is the bg deal of one breeding season to see if you get a cool thing. There would be no morphs today if no one took chances.

Old 05-13-2007, 08:56 PM   #77
Gary O
I think it is funny when people say it is a waste. Taking chances is fun and producing from the start is fun. I do not see it as a waste t all to breed that male to any morph female. Unless he can not produce there is no waste.

Some think all about the $$$$$ others think about the hobby and fun..............

Old 05-13-2007, 09:02 PM   #78
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O
I think it is funny when people say it is a waste. Taking chances is fun and producing from the start is fun. I do not see it as a waste t all to breed that male to any morph female. Unless he can not produce there is no waste.

Some think all about the $$$$$ others think about the hobby and fun..............

Well said!!

This Hobby is NOT about making money, as much as some might like to think. I laugh when i hear the "im going to get rich so quick off of this" .... uh YEAH RIGHT.

Im seeing more and more, the people who stick around who truly appreciate this hobby and what its about and could care less about the money involved, are here to stay. while others, quickly sell off entire collections because they realize how much time and money everything truly takes!

Old 05-13-2007, 09:28 PM   #79
catawhat
Ummm you can make $$ in this hobby? I will be thrilled with breaking even just to see the pips myself, that came from my own snakes that I have raised. Doesn't hurt that I can put the $ back into other morphs I would like to have one day either. It is something my daughter and I share a passion for, something we spend time together talking about, lerning and everything else that comes along with these amazing creatures. THAT could never be bought or measured in $$!

Old 05-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #80
catawhat
Oh, and half the fun is picking up "dinkers" and seeing if they turn out to be genetic or how they enhance others such as pastels & yb's.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!