Inquiry Tim Koppenhofer, where is my money? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #1
Griz
Tim Koppenhofer, where is my money?

The is the last of the debts that I am owed and since my last BOI post brought about a positive resolution hopefully this will too! I am not sure how to list this as my deal was with Bob Martin but Tim Koppenhofer is now involved and is ultimately, according to Bob Martin, the one holding my money. Here's the story:

In May of 2008, I sold Bob Martin roughly $5,000 worth of adult animals. This included my adult male Salmontine, adult female albino and a few other animals. Bob paid me a bit here and there but within a few months still had a balance of $1700. Because Bob was local and also a police officer, I was not worried. Well, things dragged out for 2.5 years and the $1700 is still owed!

I contacted him this past fall demanding the money and was then informed that a few months after buying them from me, Bob consigned them to Tim Koppenhofer of Special K Reptiles. Bob informed me that Tim had basically stiffed him for the money.

I have copied the emails from me to Bob which also includes a response from Tim agreeing to the debt and stating that he would be paying asap. I don't care who pays this but it needs paid immediately. I realize ultimately my deal is with Bob and I will take him to small claims as he lives 10 minutes from me. But, if Tim Koppenhofer would honor his obligations OR come on here and confirm with proof that he paid Bob, then we will at least have some clarification as to where the money is at.

Here are the emails:

Bob,

I know I've past your due date but I am still working on this and this is the communication I received from Tim today.

Officer Bob Martin
University of Illinois Police Department

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 8:00 AM
To: Martin, Robert Keevin
Subject: RE: boas

Hey Bob i am sorry I either did not receive the e-mail or I just missed it- Sorry!

i am still waiting for the insurance payout from my daughters insurance! Her funeral expenses have put me back a whole lot! As soon as I receive funds I will send you the balance!

If I get lucky and sell something before I will try to send you something

Thanks & Merry Christmas
Tim

> From: martinr@ad.uiuc.edu
> To: specialkreptiles@hotmail.com
> Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 22:28:35 -0600
> Subject: boas
>
> Tim,
>
> Haven't heard back from you regarding my email below. Please advise.
>
> Officer Bob Martin
> University of Illinois Police Department
>
> ________________________________________
> From: Martin, Robert Keevin
> Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:01 PM
> To: specialkretiles@hotmail.com
> Subject: boas
>
> Tim,
>
> I need to close out the account I have with Bob Woodard regarding the snakes I've given you. At this point $1700 remains to be paid. I'm not sure what the status is on the snakes, ie. what's been sold, what's being used as we haven't talked much in the year since you took them nor have I been keeping tabs on what's gone across kingsnake.com as I've been out of snakes since then. In any case get back to me with some sort of time line on paying this off please.
>
> Officer Bob Martin
> University of Illinois Police Department
>

Old 09-16-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Griz
Let me also add that as of the last correspondence from Bob Martin (just a week ago) was that Tim has ignored all of Bob's emails requesting payment.

It would also appear from reading Tim's response that he sold the animals and used the money for other expenses. While I can't comprehend losing a child, it was also not his money that was being used. Tough times = tough decisions....I understand but it's been a year and he's obviously making other transactions. It's time to wrap this one up!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
wyblep
Well first of all I feel your original deal was with Bob not Tim so I think that is what the title should read. You personally have had no dealings with Tim just Bob so I think he is the one you should be demanding money from. If Bob Martin sold your snakes to Tim and didnt get paid then he is the one that should be calling Tim out here not you. Tim is a stand up guy with a great reputation in this business and I dont think you should be allowed to tarnish his rep with this thread seeing as you are nothing more then a third party. I thought that the BOI was for people who have had direct transactions with the other party involved? Paul Wyble

Old 09-16-2010, 10:24 PM   #4
Griz
Paul, I have dealt with Tim on several occasions each time for large amounts of money. I am well aware of his reputation and am quite surprised by this situation. Ultimately, my deal was with Bob and that I agree with you on. However, Tim took my animals (they were still mine since they were not paid for) on consignment from Bob Martin. They were then obviously sold given Tim's reply back in December and now the money has not been paid.

I am going straight to the source of this issue according to my understanding of the events per the emails. If Tim wants to shed some light on this situation then I am more than happy to listen and judge accordingly. Until then, I am placing blame on both parties.

Bob

Old 09-17-2010, 12:36 AM   #5
Chrisw
I also agree this should be posted towards Bob. I hope everything works out for you in the end!

Old 09-17-2010, 04:17 PM   #6
farfrumugen
have you yourself tried contacting tim in regards to this situation? and if so was it done prior to making your post here?

my understanding is that the boi is here to let others know how transactions that took place ended. not to be used as a courtroom to settle issues that you may or may not have even tried to deal with prior to coming here. i know you have been in contact with bob and bob has tried to contact tim. but what have you done in regards to tim.
i can also state that i would like to see tim come on here and here his side as well. i wont buy from anyone that has had issues on here and not defended themselves. to me that shows guilt of some extent.
adam jeffery

Old 09-17-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Griz
Actually, I'm glad you asked! I contacted Tim on two different occasions in late 2009 when Bob was giving me the run around. None of my emails were returned.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfrumugen View Post
have you yourself tried contacting tim in regards to this situation? and if so was it done prior to making your post here?

my understanding is that the boi is here to let others know how transactions that took place ended. not to be used as a courtroom to settle issues that you may or may not have even tried to deal with prior to coming here. i know you have been in contact with bob and bob has tried to contact tim. but what have you done in regards to tim.
i can also state that i would like to see tim come on here and here his side as well. i wont buy from anyone that has had issues on here and not defended themselves. to me that shows guilt of some extent.
adam jeffery

Old 09-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #8
farfrumugen
well hopefully tim will come on here and shed some light on the situation.
adam jeffery

Old 09-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #9
reptilemike
look at the last email address from bob martin to tim it is spelled wrong the t is missing in retpiles so tim would have never of gotten it . mike schofield

Old 09-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #10
reptilemike
oops i ment reptiles mike schofield

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!