Need Help A.S.A.P. - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-14-2005, 11:37 PM   #21
Karen Hulvey
I just noticed that you're from Missouri. Me too.

It's illegal in MO to sell species native to MO so since the speckled king is native you cannot sell them. Also you won't be able to buy one, even an albino one, in MO.

Just a head's up. You are, however, allowed to own 5 nonvenomous native species w/o a permit.

Old 07-15-2005, 03:07 PM   #22
joesreptilez
Yes i was aware that I can't sell them or buy one in MO. What part of MO. you from? I live just outside of Cape Girardeau. I'm not lookin to make any money on kingsnakes i'll probably give all the babies away or release them. My boas should make up for any money i'm out for taking on any kings.

Thanks,
Joe Henderson

1.1 '04 100% het albino
1.0 '04 Albino 66% het Anery
0.1 '04 Anery
0.1 '03 Normal
0.1 '02 Normal
0.1 '?? Speckled Kingsnake
1.1 '05 Patternless Leo
0.1 '05 Striped Leo

Old 07-15-2005, 08:35 PM   #23
Karen Hulvey
I'm not too far from you, Fredericktown. I just bought 1.3 baby BCIs that were born May 05 this year. Mine have a small chance of being het albino because their papa is 100 het. albino proven two years ago. Do you ever go to the St. Louis reptile shows? There are two next month. One in South County and one is Bridgeton.

Old 07-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #24
joesreptilez
You are closer to me than you think. I live on Hwy 72...5 miles east of Millersville. No unfortunately I've never been to a show at all. I've always wanted to go to one, but between work and my chitlins(kids) I can't quite fit it into my schedule. Maybe I can give you a hand in proving out one or two of those possibles with my male albino. At the rate he's goin he should have no problems bein ready to go by next year. I know your girls won't be ready for a while but i thought I'd offer now anyways. I don't want to get into trouble for bein off topic so...I just think a kingsnake project will be a good learning experience for me.

Joe Henderson

Old 07-22-2005, 06:50 PM   #25
joesreptilez
Update, one of my eggs is starting to turn yellow. Is this not good or normal? The rest are still looking great.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:57 PM   #26
Ophis
I'm only an FNG when it comes to egg incubation, but I would say thats not the most promising sign for that egg, although I might not give up all hope on it quite yet. I would however make sure it is isolated from the other eggs and watched closely for further deterioration.

Old 07-22-2005, 07:24 PM   #27
Sasheena
There are many colors that eggs can turn.... they can turn white and fuzzy (treat with listerine on a q-tip)... no big deal... they can turn blue and green (hide so a child can find it at easter, that's about the only good use).... sometimes they seem to get a little yellowish, but that ALONE is not a bad or a good sign. If they start to get ooey gooey to the touch and seepy and weepy, that's a bad sign.... but just slightly more yellow than the rest? Ah well.

Many people incubate eggs regardless of their seeming chances and I've heard of perfect babies slicing their way out of eggs that are fungus factories extraordinaire

One of my king eggs that is on day 60 is starting to get a little slimey spot. Could be bad news.

Old 07-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #28
Ophis
So if I have a clutch of colubrid eggs that are white and I have one that starts to turn yellow, I should pay no particular attention to its placement in relation to the other eggs or otherwise? What about candling the entire clutch right off the bat and candling that yellow turning egg whilst it is yellowing?

Like I said, I'm a FNG too incubation.

Old 07-22-2005, 07:43 PM   #29
Ophis
Oh......FNG= Fairly New Guy?

Old 07-22-2005, 08:13 PM   #30
Sasheena
You get a clutch of eggs... you candle the eggs and see veins in all the eggs but one... do you pitch it, or think that maybe you didn't candle it right.... so you incubate it anyway.

It's good to know which eggs might not make it... but then incubate em anyway... just in case!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!