"Bonafide Gift" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
molurusbreedingcente
"Bonafide Gift"

Anybody remember the discussion on Keensnake about the "Bonafide gift" rule applying to threatened species as well as ones listed under the Cites I endangered species?

I had posted the specifics of the rule with regard to the Python m.molurus/pimbura in response to a question with regard to interstate transportation. Since I have the CBW permit along with 3 pages of rules governing the actions acceptable under the permit, I believe what is written there, not the conjecture of a few!

Anyway I was told the same rules apply to giving Eastern Indigos away as a gift and this was verified by a couple of responses posted verifying the authenticity of the rule. Also in conversations with Victoria when applying for Transport permits, she looked it up and verified it is correct and legal.

Anyone remember the discussion that can verify it here.

Cheers
wlamor

Old 04-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #2
epidemic
I recall the conversations-

Probably because I am the one who initiated the conjecture of the few! ;0)

I posted a link from the USF&W website, indicating no interstate commerce permit is needed for shipping specimens, so long as such are donated as bona-fide gifts and no bater or monetary transaction takes place

Probably because I am the one who initiated the conjecture of the few! ;0)

I posted a link from the USF&W website, indicating no interstate commerce permit is needed for shipping specimens, so long as such are donated as bona-fide gifts and no barter or monetary transaction takes place. Keep in mind, the permits are for interstate “commerce”. If no “commerce” has taken place, no permits are required. Same goes for intra-state transactions. If the buyer and seller both reside within the same state, no inter-state transaction has taken place, meaning no permits will be required, except for those required by some individual states…

Best regards,

Jeff

Old 04-12-2006, 12:40 PM   #3
molurusbreedingcente
Cool Jeff,

I thought it might have been you but I did not want to just put your name out without checking it out. Looks like what your saying confirms what I have read and been told by posts and verbally by wildlife officials.

thanks for the clarification.
wlamor

Old 04-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #4
thesnakeman
Yup, that's what Victoria told me too. I reckon she aught to know.
T.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
BWSmith
I spoke to Victoria regarding that as well and she confirmed it and directed me to the supporting regulations.

I am ready for the state permits to come in.

Old 04-12-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
epidemic
USF&W Link

Click on the on teh following link and refer to the eighth paragraph under the heading "What situations are exempt from the prohibitions of the ESA?"

http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q...901&lang=en-US

Best regards,

Jeff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!