A call to help.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-16-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
epidemic
A call to help..

I am certain some of you have already taken the initiative and joined, but for those of you who haven't, or do not know about it; I would like to make the following plea.
There is a non-profit, conservation oriented and professionally run organization dedicated to preserving a species considered crucial to the survival of our beloved D. couperi. The organization is dedicated to the research and preservation of a keystone species and the habitat required to sustain viable wild populations. The species I am talking about is Gopherus polyphemus AKA the Gopher Tortoise, while the organization I speak of is none other than the Gopher Tortoise Council. The GTC has been in operation since 1978 and has taken on a side project known as the Upland Snake Initiative, which has recently brought D. couperi to the forefront of their conservation interest.
I would like to implore all of you, who keep or merely harbor an interest in Drymarchon to view the attached link and give strong consideration to joining or supporting this organization. Should you be one of those who have taken on the captive husbandry of Drys, I ask that you consider becoming a life member, as this has been by far, the best single organization I have found regarding the continued study and lobbying for our native herpetofauna crown jewels.
Again, please take the time to review the link I have provided and consider joining…

http://www.gophertortoisecouncil.org/

Thank you,

Jeff

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!