Help Pricing Enclosure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-16-2019, 07:54 AM   #1
Nate Miller
Help Pricing Enclosure

I'm 15 years old and I have loved snakes my whole life. A friend of mine recently offered me a 50 gallon enclosure that I thought I'd pick up for the future. He didn't tell me the brand or price, but I saw it in person. After lots of searching, I couldn't find the tank he had. It is a 50 gallon Low top opening terrarium. Since I couldn't find it online for a rough price, I thought I would ask the forums if anyone has one and they remember the price they got it for. Thanks!

Old 12-16-2019, 07:56 AM   #2
Nate Miller
Edit: I accidentally said 50 gallon LOW, but I meant 50 gallon LONG.

Old 12-16-2019, 08:35 AM   #3
snowgyre
Brand new it's probably in the $200 range, just based on its odd dimensions and its relative scarcity. You can always check out LLLReptile.com, I think they have them in stock if you're talking about the ZooMed version at least.

Old 12-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
Pythonbreeder99
Can you list the actual dimensions? Most people mistakenly call standard 55 gallon tanks 50 gallons. Also is it a glass aquarium that you will be using as a terrarium? Or an actual terrarium? But price depends a lot on condition. If it is old and just a bare tank with no stand then $40-60 is all I would throw at it. It if is in spectacular condition with stand it may be worth a couple hundred. Used tanks are a crap shoot on pricing and honestly it's only worth what you would pay for it.

Cody

Old 12-16-2019, 06:55 PM   #5
Socratic Monologue
Is it one of these?

https://reptilerapture.net/zoo-med-t...50-gallon.html

I'll also add: buying an enclosure before choosing an animal isn't very good planning. Limiting your choices of snake to something that will be comfortable in a random enclosure is, well, limiting. The enclosure is not the most expensive part of this hobby, and they are readily available.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!