My male with a regen tail. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-23-2004, 01:49 PM   #1
Jeremy Letkey
My male with a regen tail.

I have seen a couple of posts lately in the other forum in regards to regenerated tails. I thought I would post the only experience I have in the matter. I have only ever had this one gecko who has droped a tail. It took place during a photo shoot. I was taking pics and dropped the camera on his tail(now I know what the little wrist strap is for). I felt horrible and went into panic mode. For anyone who hasn't wittnessed this, consider yourself lucky. I can see that it is a great defense technic. I for one was thourghly confused. There was not much blood but it seemed like a ton. The tail was flailing all over the place I didn't know what to do. I looked at my gecko and he was just sitting there as calm as can be. I picked him up and put him into a new clean container. The tail is still violently thrashing around the old container. I was so distrought I forgot to take any pics of the whole mess. The pics I have are of the day after. He has remained calm and very handleable since this has happened. I glad he didn't hold a grudge. I have within the last two weeks put him with two of my females from last year and even though I don't hear the obvious rattling I do from some of my other tanks, I have witnessed coupulation. I will be expecting eggs in a couple of weeks. I see know reason why a male without his tail can't get the job done. This picture was taken on Jan 11th
This is from Jan 23rd.
This one was taken on Jan 30th.
This one is from Feb 12th.
Finally this one is from today.
I did not treat his wound at all. I tried to keep him and his enclosure clean. I kept the temps around 90-92 degrees. I made sure he always had mealies in his bowl with calcium. He was feed the same as I always do basicly.
Please try to refrain from any bashing my gecko has forgiven me thats all that matters to me

Old 03-23-2004, 09:22 PM   #2
Lemur_6
wow, very interesting to see how the new tail grows in, thanks for the pics!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!