Joshua Wright / JW Exotics / JWexotics@aol.com "Bad Guy!" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-04-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
Got-Balls
Thumbs down Joshua Wright / JW Exotics / JWexotics@aol.com "Bad Guy!"

Joshua Wright / JW Exotics / JWexotics@aol.com "Bad Guy!"

On or about 4/11/2005 I purchased .1 Albino Ball Python 1600gr for $3,500 and he never shipped.. If anyone has any information on him please post or contact me.

Thank you,
John

Old 06-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
Any more information?

John,

You may actually have more information than any of us. Can you ate least provide us with an address to where you sent the money? How did you pay for him? Where was the ad placed, do you still have a copy of it? Did he attempt to contact you explaining why he has not shipped? Sorry for all the questions, but they are needed so we can better understand what happened.

Regards.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
Got-Balls
The original ad was posted Kingsnake.com (Ball Pythons) and money transaction was PayPal. The date in my first post was wrong it’s 5/11. My computer crashed so I lost his contact number and address. I have filed a FBI & Police report. Thanks

Old 06-04-2005, 02:33 PM   #4
The BoidSmith
Quote:
The original ad was posted Kingsnake.com (Ball Pythons) and money transaction was PayPal. The date in my first post was wrong it’s 5/11. My computer crashed so I lost his contact number and address. I have filed a FBI & Police report. Thanks
Do at least know in which state he is located in?

Thanks.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:35 PM   #5
Cruciform
What kind of crash was it? The data may still be recoverable if you didn't format the drive already.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:40 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
John,

Did he attempt to contact you after you paid explaining why he did not ship? Although three weeks is a lot of time maybe something happened to him.

Regards

Old 06-04-2005, 03:23 PM   #7
Gecko_Den
If you haven't already done so, file a complaint with PayPal, I believe you only have 30 days from transaction date. They will freeze his account, but if it is empty it won't help much. Also, if you paid using your CC through PayPal, your credit card company can get involved as well.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:12 PM   #8
critical bill
Dear John....

....this place is no joke. What gets posted here stays here...forever. Youve labled this seller a "Bad Guy". Thats a heavy statement and I'm certain everyone here would like to hear the complete story. It might even be nice to upload a screen shot of the payment transaction you made to this seller. If you paid by PayPal its right on their website and easy enough to do. That should have the sellers personal info youve lost.

If this seller has done you wrong you might be able to find some help here, but no one is going to play dentist to extract this information from you. In light of your computer crash I know certain information may not be available, but please post your side of it, at least to the best of your recollection.

Old 06-04-2005, 07:10 PM   #9
The BoidSmith
John,

This forum has helped people in similar situations as yours. There are a lot of people visiting this site with connections all over the U.S. But there’s very little they can do without having more information. Unless you provide additional information than just a name and an e-mail address, it’s going to be awfully difficult to come-up with something. Maybe there was some sort of question and answer via e-mail that you can recall before actually sending the money. For example the state and/or city he is located in would be very helpful. I couldn’t help but notice that your ad requesting information on Joshua was removed from KS. It’s a long shot but if he was posting ads last month his account might still be active. If so KS has all his contact information. Have you e-mailed them? Not that they will give it to you but maybe they are willing to contact him.

Good luck!

Old 06-05-2005, 06:08 AM   #10
Mike Greathouse
John,
How soon after the payment was made, did your computer crash? Was it prior to the agreed upon ship date? Now that you're back up and running, are you using the same email address that you were using prior to the crash?

If you're using a different email now, is it possible that he didn't ship because he lost contact with you? I know I would not ship any animal unless I have confirmation that someone would be there to receive it.

Of course if this was the case, the money should have been refunded by now.

Just grabbing at straws here - but until you are able to provide additional information, there's not much anyone here can do to help you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!