Bad Guy Gastro3003 aka Dr. Robert Brunner -- Scam Artist, Forger, Beware! - Page 40 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #391
worldismarble
I've been doing some thinking on my end, as well as considering Zovick's insightful post, #370. I realized that there are clues to this mystery that nobody has ever considered. I was reading over my OP (post #1), and I noticed that Tuan mentioned "FWS" in his text. This is a reference to "US Fish & Wildlife Service." This implies that there may be an element of legality in play, as well.

Everyone in the rare tortoise trade understands that Geochelone Radiata, aka the Radiated Tortoise is on the endangered species list, and that cross-state trafficking is illegal and warrants prison terms without the possession of the correct permit. It may be that Tuan lacks such a permit and therefore wishes to stay under the radar so as to not seek unwarranted attention from "FWS," or any governmental authorities.

This is significant, because it may also explain his avoidance to help me shed light and obtain funds rightfully owed to me. It also explains his avoidance of other Fauna members when repeatedly confronted and questioned.

I'm not saying that Tuan conducted himself in an illegal manner, but it could be possible that him disclosing ownership of an endangered species does not advantageous to him in any way, and hence he wishes to distance himself from the species and all transactions pertaining to radiata.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:58 PM   #392
Big Time Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldismarble View Post

I'm not saying that Tuan conducted himself in an illegal manner, but it could be possible that him disclosing ownership of an endangered species does not advantageous to him in any way, and hence he wishes to distance himself from the species and all transactions pertaining to radiata.
All 3 parties in question are in NY, no CBW permit needed.

Lynn Peterson
Big Time Reptiles

Old 08-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #393
acecurl16
You were the owner .. your the one who represented it as the son of #443 .. it is you we're looking to to present the proof .. not Tuan .. he was the one trying to get proof from you and Bill.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:10 PM   #394
worldismarble
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecurl16 View Post
You were the owner .. your the one who represented it as the son of #443 .. it is you we're looking to to present the proof .. not Tuan .. he was the one trying to get proof from you and Bill.
His lack of assistance throughout this incident will be kindly rewarded in turn now that my grievance has been resolved -- neither he nor other irrelevant parties will ever receive the genetic history, lineage, studbook number, ownership history, and other critical information about this tortoise I possess.

Old 08-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #395
acecurl16
So then Dr. Brunner paid you a huge sum of money for a tortoise he never confirmed was from the lineage you represented it to be from? Interesting!?

Old 08-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #396
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldismarble View Post
His lack of assistance throughout this incident will be kindly rewarded in turn now that my grievance has been resolved -- neither he nor other irrelevant parties will ever receive the genetic history, lineage, studbook number, ownership history, and other critical information about this tortoise I possess.
For informational purposes, I can report that Tuan DOES have a current CBW permit of which he sent me a copy when he hoped to buy one of my Radiated Tortoises. However, I have no idea if he has the NY DEC Special License which he would also need in order to possess the species in NY.

So, Ici, does the part of your quote in red above where you say you now "possess" the tortoise indicate that Dr. Brunner still had the tortoise and has returned it to you now in order to end this bad publicity you brought upon him with the BOI posting? And that Tuan was offered the tortoise by Brunner and in his trying to "flip" the tortoise out to Jerry Carucci BEFORE he even took possession of it, Tuan unwittingly made you aware that it was NOT dead, precipitating your BOI post about Dr. Brunner in an effort to get the balance of your money or get the tortoise back?

If so, it all makes sense.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #397
nickolasanastasiou
I think he was referring to the information that he possesses.

Old 08-11-2016, 08:34 PM   #398
worldismarble
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
I think he was referring to the information that he possesses.
Correct.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:14 PM   #399
tlmoon
I feel like I've been watching a political debate, where neither politician will actually answer a simple question. Neither Ici nor Brunner will give a straight answer. Simple things like: Is the tortoise alive? Who has it? Instead it's all diverting tactics and manipulations.

Ugh. I don't keep torts anyway, but I would not make any deals with either one of these guys.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:40 PM   #400
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
I feel like I've been watching a political debate, where neither politician will actually answer a simple question. Neither Ici nor Brunner will give a straight answer. Simple things like: Is the tortoise alive? Who has it? Instead it's all diverting tactics and manipulations.

Ugh. I don't keep torts anyway, but I would not make any deals with either one of these guys.
These two made 'the list'. What I get is the tortoise is very much alive, Tuan wants nothing to do with any of this, Dr. Brunner wants this to all disappear and Ici wants the spotlight for a few more days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!