Bad Guy Gastro3003 aka Dr. Robert Brunner -- Scam Artist, Forger, Beware! - Page 41 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-11-2016, 10:53 PM   #401
acecurl16
Ici -- Would you be so kind as to answer my question presented in post #395? Thanks! :-)

Old 08-12-2016, 10:18 AM   #402
srsb
I rarely post, but frequently lurk.
This thread is fascinating.
The questions I would love to see answered are:

~ Is the tort alive? (an easy yes or no, without anyone having to give away potentially incriminating info about genetics or permits). I think the tort is alive, and would love to see a photo with a date to prove it, no matter who has him.

~ Is the paperwork from Parrots of the World fake? (I am fairly involved in the parrot world, and to my knowledge PoW is a bird seller only, not a vet) My curiosity regarding the paperwork also includes the question of why anyone would pay $75 to dispose of the body? Perhaps things are different in NY, but here shelters charge $5 to dispose of bodies of deceased pets, or he could be buried for free.

The answers to those questions would satisfy most of my curiosity.

Old 08-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #403
Brian Ferriera
Has any one considered that the bills are real and that another tortoise in his possession got sick and died?
Brian Ferriera

Old 08-12-2016, 12:25 PM   #404
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Ferriera View Post
Has any one considered that the bills are real and that another tortoise in his possession got sick and died?
Brian Ferriera
To answer your question directly, several people have.

There are still issues with said bill and the service provider.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:05 PM   #405
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsb View Post
I rarely post, but frequently lurk.
This thread is fascinating.
The questions I would love to see answered are:

~ Is the tort alive? (an easy yes or no, without anyone having to give away potentially incriminating info about genetics or permits). I think the tort is alive, and would love to see a photo with a date to prove it, no matter who has him.

~ Is the paperwork from Parrots of the World fake? (I am fairly involved in the parrot world, and to my knowledge PoW is a bird seller only, not a vet) My curiosity regarding the paperwork also includes the question of why anyone would pay $75 to dispose of the body? Perhaps things are different in NY, but here shelters charge $5 to dispose of bodies of deceased pets, or he could be buried for free.

The answers to those questions would satisfy most of my curiosity.
A pack of cigarettes in N.Y. is almost triple what it cost in southeast Pa. Just sayin'.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:25 AM   #406
acecurl16
Ici -- Can I take your silence to my inquiries in post #395 & #401 as admission of guilt and you did indeed sell the tortoise to Dr. Brunner for 5k but never supplied proof of lineage ... looks like scammer to scammer .. makes sense you didn't provide him with information .. otherwise there would have been no reason fro Tuan to contact you or Bill .. he would have just gotten proof from Dr. Brunner :-)
Regardless ... I look forward to hearing back from Evvonne on the authenticity of the Parrots of the World documentation ... will be great to actually have some facts and proof here.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #407
JButera
Has anyone an idea on this tortoise's approximate weight?

Old 08-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #408
zovick
Quote:
Originally Posted by JButera View Post
Has anyone an idea on this tortoise's approximate weight?
I cannot locate the original ad right at the moment, but I believe the tortoise was advertised as being 15" in length. A male Radiated Tortoise of that size could weigh as much as 25-28 lbs. in good health. I have a 16" male that weighs 30 lbs. and a 16.5" male that weighs 32 lbs. as a comparison.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:38 PM   #409
acecurl16
The tortoise was advertised as a 15 inch breeder male .. so as Bill indicated.

Old 08-14-2016, 11:39 AM   #410
saucyross
In the Iguanas classifieds, there is a post by the Doc for a pair of Ctenosaura Defensor and a Ctenosaura Clarki being grouped for a sale. The pictures in the Doc's ad of the Defensor are straight from another ad for Defensor by a user "argus". I suppose it's possible the Doc bought the Defensor off of argus, and is now selling them, but it's odd that the post for sale by argus was just made at the end of July. That would mean the Doc is selling them pretty quickly after receiving them, if they were actually purchased from argus. Or he could just be using other people's pictures for his ads and may not even own any Ctenosaura, which wouldn't be too crazy to believe after his actions in this thread. Attached pictures of the ads of both Doc and argus. Note the dates.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!