Just came in, concerned - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-11-2005, 04:03 AM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Just came in, concerned

I purchased a 0.2 het albino pair of ball pythons. One turned out to be male, the other female.

The female I'm concerned with. Attached are two head shots. Anyone seeing what I am? She's also wheezing a bit and gaping her mouth open.

It appears to me that she experienced some sort of trauma to the top of her head, or it's a birth defect of some sort. She's not very strong either, barely grips when coiled around my arm...

Any opinions???
Attached Images

Old 08-11-2005, 04:22 AM   #2
Chris Steele
You paid for BPs het albino and got sick RTBs?

Old 08-11-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
TripleMoonsExotic
*rofl* Sorry about that! TYPO! I was talking to hubby about the BP's while I was typing that post. I feel stupid...

Old 08-11-2005, 08:05 AM   #4
Greg Riso
Looks "Dain Bramaged"

I don't know about trauma to the head. It may have been born that way. Did you notify the seller to note your concern or displeasure? I would not accept an animal like that.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #5
Casey Hulse
I do not think

I would be happy with them. The female has something wrong for sure, either trauma or genetic, not sure which but either way she could be a problem animal. Has the seller been informed of the missexed animal?

Old 08-11-2005, 11:44 AM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Yes, he has been informed of the missexed boa. I didn't really take note to the head until last night. I really wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one that saw something wrong...

Old 08-11-2005, 12:42 PM   #7
DragonCharm
If it were me I'd be on the phone to the breeder and getting a refund arranges, for both.....one is missexed and the other is "damaged goods." Get the money back and get those things in a box and down to UPS ASAP.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #8
mikeydadog
I'm thinking a birth defect due to a calcium problem maybe, just from the pic's looks like both the skull and the way the neck vertebre attach look off. I'm not a vet and could be wrong, but I am sure it's an inferior animal and i would definatly send it back

Old 08-11-2005, 02:46 PM   #9
LakesideBoas
That is so sad...

I took the liberty of copying those pics as I had a Vet. friend of mine coming over for lunch and a once-over for my critters. (It's easier than hauling everyone to his office!) I figured you wouldn't mind a professional look-see.

He couldn't be exactly sure just by looking if it more nearly resembled a birth defect or some trauma that could have occurred. He did say what the rest have been saying, that he would indeed send the animal back and that he would never try to breed her. He also wanted me to note that as the animal grows that defect may induce major complications down the road.

Poor girl. Hope this helps you out, she is a pretty snake. It's sad to see her that way.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #10
TripleMoonsExotic
Thank you, LB. I feel bad sending her back to him...But I can't have paid the money I did for a "damaged" snake...When I could spend the money elsewhere and get higher quality.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!