Info Anthony AKA amr120402 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-13-2016, 03:37 PM   #1
_Lucian_
Anthony AKA amr120402

I've already done one for Anthony, but since that time, an issue arose...

Before I continue, I want it to be clear that I am not trying to bash his name at all. He has been nothing but nice, but the issue isn't getting resolved.

So I was in need of a female Tremper Leopard Gecko a few weeks ago. Anthony messaged me to tell me he had one available. The transaction went down fine. The gecko was healthy, etc...

However yesterday while handling the leopard gecko, I realized that the animal I was holding was in fact a Male. I didn't freak out, I didnt get mad and rush to issue any chargebacks or anything drastic like that. I simply went to him about the issue in hopes that maybe it could somehow be resolved. First he was pretty insistent that the male was actually a female. Finally after providing several pictures, he accepted that he may have made a mistake.

I completely understand that mistakes happen, especially since the leo was still kinda young.

But I have a problem... I needed a female tremper to pair with my male, however now I just have two males... I'm pretty much out $110 for this gecko I can't use atm. On top of that, I'm still going to have to find another female to breed. So more money out of my pocket. I was hoping that maybe he could fix the mistake, but after an attempted negotiation, I was offered a $12 refund.

I understand that some may see me as still in the clear, but now I have a used up tank for a gecko that is useless for me.

I can't bring myself to ask for much, but I believe if a seller makes a mistake, that mistake should be fixed some way.

We're still talking it over, so maybe we will come to a better solution soon. :|

As I stated before, I don't think Anthony is a bad guy. He has been perfectly kind. He's tried offering solutions. I just don't think we're going to come to a solution. Idk, If my review seems unreasonable, let me know.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:41 PM   #2
Lucille
It seems to me that he should have paid shipping back for the male and then sent you a female at no further charge, or if there was no female to send that met your needs, he should have paid shipping back and refunded you.
Could you please provide emails to show the terms of the sale/negotiations?
I'm curious about any negotiation that offered you $12 and left you with a male you did not need, can you say more about that please?

Old 09-13-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
_Lucian_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
It seems to me that he should have paid shipping back for the male and then sent you a female at no further charge, or if there was no female to send that met your needs, he should have paid shipping back and refunded you.
Could you please provide emails to show the terms of the sale/negotiations?
I'm curious about any negotiation that offered you $12 and left you with a male you did not need, can you say more about that please?
Yes, I would have been able to keep the male. Which is why I said some might think I'm still the one with the 'advantage'(?). I wouldn't mind sending the male back for a refund, but at that point the cost of shipping a second time would leave me pretty much back at 0, but then no gecko either.

As I said, I mean no ill will or anything of the sort. I just wanna know what others think of the situation. I want to stress that I'm not here to leave a bad review. just to share my experience and hope for advise

Old 09-13-2016, 05:01 PM   #4
_Lucian_

Here is that little bit of the conversation you asked for though. And before anyone complains, I know I'll need to upload them again on my computer and not taptalk

Sent from my A521L using Tapatalk

Old 09-13-2016, 08:25 PM   #5
Lucille
I think he should pay to have it sent back and then give you a full refund. Why would you want a partial refund on a male you can't use which is taking up space and eating food? (Unless you took to it and want it as a pet).

Old 09-13-2016, 09:53 PM   #6
tlmoon
Assuming that it was clearly sold to you as a female (not as a "probable female" or anything like that) I think the seller should fix his mistake and refund your purchase price and pay shipping for you to return the gecko.

A 20% "refund" is absurd, if you clearly needed and paid for a female. I'm glad the seller isn't being a jerk to you and is trying to work with you. But you shouldn't bear the brunt of the seller's mistake.

Old 09-14-2016, 12:37 AM   #7
_Lucian_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think he should pay to have it sent back and then give you a full refund. Why would you want a partial refund on a male you can't use which is taking up space and eating food? (Unless you took to it and want it as a pet).
Exactly. And he's sweet, sure, but I'm I bought a breeder, not a pet :/

I feel bad about it all though. As a fellow breeder, I know money can be tight, but as a customer, I see it has his responsibility to have not made the mistake in the first place... Idk the negotiations don't seem to be going far. I feel bad just asking, but it makes sense to at least get refunded what the gecko cost without shipping, so it can at least go towards a replacement.

Old 09-14-2016, 03:38 AM   #8
_Lucian_
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
Assuming that it was clearly sold to you as a female (not as a "probable female" or anything like that) I think the seller should fix his mistake and refund your purchase price and pay shipping for you to return the gecko.

A 20% "refund" is absurd, if you clearly needed and paid for a female. I'm glad the seller isn't being a jerk to you and is trying to work with you. But you shouldn't bear the brunt of the seller's mistake.
I agree. I asked him to at least refund enough for me to get a replacement, not included what shipping will cost. I'll see what he says to that.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:13 AM   #9
_Lucian_
Fine. I think its unreasonable but I'll accept defeat. I apologize for arguing it with you.

Old 09-14-2016, 04:14 AM   #10
_Lucian_
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Lucian_ View Post
Fine. I think its unreasonable but I'll accept defeat. I apologize for arguing it with you.

Lol oops. Posted that in the wrong place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!