Please I need urgent help... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #11
melindaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardiepal
Go ahead and get the baby foods and thin it down to a slurry with pedialyte. Add a pinch of herptivite that contains calcium and slide that syringe right into the side of her mouth. licking off the nose is a good concept but will not get in her what she needs. I would try 3 ccs at least every 2 hours, and keep her lights on so she can digest. Just mix a little at a time and throw out each time what she does not take. Hydration is key right now- nutrition is next- and the baby food will help with this. has she drank when you bathed her? Good luck and keep us posted. B
Thank you this is what I was looking for. He drank a little, I will keep you posted.. I am not feeding mealworms because he will not take any bugs or worms at all. I stated that I had them..

Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #12
SlytherynHiss Exotics
I commend You for taking this poor Little Guy in and giving Him a good chance. Best of Luck with Him. Rayna :-)

Old 04-28-2008, 10:47 AM   #13
Beardiepal
Let us know what the vet says

I hope that he pulls through this for you....Let us know how things are going and how we can help. I think Anna was trying to let you know that mealworms are not good for beardies at all, little, big, it doesn't matter. They have "chitin" in their exoskeletons and are very hard for beardies to digest. This can be the cause of impaction in many beardies. Take good care & keep us posted. B

Staple insects for beardies are crix, roaches, and silkworms. Anything else are just treats. never feed mealworms.

Old 04-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #14
heartmountain
Mix in some acidophilus and bee pollen (royal jelly) into the slurry mix. These will replace gut flora and increase appetite. If he still won't eat you might ask your vet about some B complex. Here's my slurry recipe

1 part Repcal Juvie pellets (grind up)
1 part veal babyfood
enough pedialite to make it kinda soupy
nuke it for 30 sec
add more pedialite if you need to
sprinkle in your Ca, Vits, Acidophilus, Royal jelly, meds, etc.
suck it up in a syringe and feed.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #15
Nails44
See, I knew Sean would so up, I could not remeber how to spell acidophilus, and did not want to give you misinformation. Thanks Sean.

Mike

Old 04-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #16
Drache613
Hello

Hello,

Another thing that I recommend is to keep the basking temps under 110 so you don't expedite dehydration further.
Great job. I hope he improves for you & keep us posted.

Tracie

Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 PM   #17
dragongirl6
I would keep the temps right about 110 actually. Heat stimulates the digestive system and will probably make him want to eat more. If you are soaking him in warm water everyday (which you should be) and are force feeding him the mixture Sean posted, keep the temps around 110-115. Make sure you have a reptisun 10.0 bulb that is less than 6 months old.

Old 04-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #18
melindaste
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drache613
Hello,

Another thing that I recommend is to keep the basking temps under 110 so you don't expedite dehydration further.
Great job. I hope he improves for you & keep us posted.

Tracie

Thanks.. I got your email, sorry I didnt get back to you it has been crazy, 11 babies hatched out starting monday then this little addition. So far the male is still not coroperating..LOL

The vet was not ava today so I have a appointment first thing in the morning, I also notice that he cannot stand on his back legs, he is taking everything I am offering and drinking water, it seems there is no muscle to the back legs, I will see what the vet says..

Old 04-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #19
Drache613
Hello

Hello!

Oh poor guy! Your male has not gone to the bathroom yet? Geez, how long will he hold it for? I hope soon so you can get those tests run for me.
Thanks!
So you have some babies hatching out huh? Are you excited?
Keep us posted on everything.
Can your rescue move his back legs very well? I hope that he has not been injured, or perhaps he could be impacted prior to you getting him. Probably just overall bad care. I know you can get him healthy.

Tracie

Old 04-28-2008, 04:58 PM   #20
melindaste
My big male has gone but It sat longer than 30 min. The rescue it is hard to explain he moves his legs like a frog but cannot put any weight on them to stand on them, his fronts are ok, His whole body is mushy feeling, so far he has had no bowel movements, I am hoping he has one in the morning for the vet. I will update I am hoping with good news .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!