Delta Dash accepting unknown shippers - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
TraceH
Delta Dash accepting unknown shippers

I sent a venomous animal through Delta Dash today and it went smooth as can be. I am not a verified or known shipper, this was the first time I've ever used Delta Dash. All that is required is that you follow the IATA rules for shipping venomous animals. It cost $80 to ship from Nebraska to New Jersey and the package was there in about 10 hours.

Old 11-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
hhmoore
Interesting - I last used Delta about a month ago...and they wouldn't process the shipment until they confirmed that I was a verified shipper.
I know that NWA used to ship without a required verification process...I wonder if the joining of the companies has anything to do with your experience? Did you set up the shipment online, on the phone, or at the cargo desk?

Old 11-13-2010, 05:55 PM   #3
TraceH
I set up the appointment over the phone after calling my local airport and confirming that they accept venomous. I explained that I would follow all IATA protocol and I did. When I took my crate in they didn't bat an eyelash at what I was asking them to send. I wonder if it's luck of the draw, I got someone helpful on the phone and someone who didn't care at the counter.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #4
hhmoore
One thing I will say about Delta - their Ship Center representatives have always been pleasant and helpful.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #5
RustyNuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
One thing I will say about Delta - their Ship Center representatives have always been pleasant and helpful.
That's always been my experience too, whether it was a single hot snake being shipped or several thousand pounds of retics, anacondas, blood pythons, rattlesnakes, copperheads and other vipers that flew when I moved across country.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!