I want my user name changed - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #51
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
So you have it, you just choose not to use it for this.
And that is perfectly OK. If he can't spend the money, then he can't. If he won't spend the money, then he won't. That is certainly his decision to make, and I respect a young person recognizing the importance of living within their means.

The only issue here is that he apparently wants his cake and eat it too. Sorry but you just can't get the perks and privileges of the club unless you join the club.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #52
rcarichter
Stavros--your name looks good next to those coins!

Kernel--we all started somewhere. In this business particularly, reputation is everything. You have to earn it from the ground up, and people are watching. Just between you and me, over 600 people (aka: future possible customers) have read this thread already. Your goal is to NOT be on their ever-growing list of folks they won't deal with. Pay or don't pay, no big deal. But handling yourself professionally and playing by the same rules as others is a very good start.

Noelle

Old 07-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #53
hhmoore
You're missing some points, Caleb...
If the $25 really isn't there, then you are already overextended. What are you going to do if an animal gets sick and needs veterinary care? If a thermostat malfunctions, or powerstrip shorts?
I could care less whether you, or any other individual, decides to upgrade - I just get tired of hearing the money blues when it's obviously being spent on other things. (You, for example, have acquired - or are planning on acquiring - enough snakes to require you to build "racks"...$25 is a fraction of what you would spend to get to that point.) Just say that you don't care enough about the perks to spend money for them. It's that simple, and it would have ended this before it got started.

Personally - my feeling is that, when you create and build a presence on the internet, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to change your name unless you are trying to get away from the image you've built of yourself. I was hhmoore on forums before I started doing business as KBI Herpetoculture...and I am known by that name. Sure, I could have changed to kbiherp, and many people would have figured it out; but I've also had people that returned to find me again after a period of years that might not have if I'd changed my name (not everybody does inquiries). There is absolutely nothing wrong with using the screen name you started with, and changing to a so called business name doesn't really impact anybody's impression of you. You are what you post; and the quality of the animals you sell will steer your reputation, regardless of whether your name sounds like a business or not (of course, ultimately, it is YOU that will make or break your reputation, as has been shown many times on the BOI).

Old 07-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #54
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanakis View Post
Ok Helen...you got me. lol. Ill have the coins by tonight. Let me not be a hypocrite and a cheap ass. Leaning more towards the cheap ass. When theres something good...support it. And I doubt Fauna is easy to run.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #55
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel View Post
You just made my point. I have allot of expenses and I'm losing money. I have money, but I have to buy materials for snake racks, I have to buy care supplies (rodent bill is killing me). I'm getting along, but I can't spend money on this kind of stuff until I'm making some money. If you decide to change and if not, fine. I'm not continuing this discussion.
I had my User name before I started selling the offspring from my snakes and dragons, while I am a contributing member, I just added my business name to my status under my name and a link to my website in my signature. It is that easy to display your business name without haviing your User name changed.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #56
kernel
I'm guessing I have to be a contributer to add my business name under my username as well?

Old 07-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #57
radera5
User CP> click on Edit Your Details> Scroll down to the Optional Information section > Edit your Current User Title.

Old 07-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #58
kernel
Thanks Amanda!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #59
Snake-Queen
See, easy peasey.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #60
kernel
Oh and thanks to you to Melissa!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!