African Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-18-2003, 09:47 AM   #1
Rock Python
Question African Reptiles

Has any one bought any reptiles from the African Reptile exporter. I am thinking on buying from him.
You can e mail me at tombo_h15@yahoo.com
Thanks for your time
Tommy

Old 02-18-2003, 12:01 PM   #2
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Tommy,

There are many African Reptile exporters out there. Is that the name this person is using for their company? I import alot of animals from Adfrica and have never heard of anyone with that name. Which country are they claiming they are from? You should ALWAYS be very careful with any exporters in Africa and the middle east. There are many people who have been taken for large sums of money (myself included).

Old 02-18-2003, 12:50 PM   #3
Rock Python
Question

I have never bought from an exporter and this guy is really cheap. The web page is www.africanreptile.4t.com. The guy told me that the shipping would run me around 6-10$ to the USA. That sounded to cheap for me since shipping in the US is almost 30.00.

Thanks for you reply

Tommy

PS does any one have any info an ww.africanreptile.4t.com.

I am trying to get his name.

Old 02-18-2003, 01:01 PM   #4
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Well in order to import from Africa you have to be licensed from the USF&W to do so. Freight runs around $6-$10 per kilo. It is not like ordering from someone here in the US. There are many things to do to legally import. Even though his prices might be low the prices are not the main cost in importing. I would not recommend anything with someone you have no idea about. Hopefully someone will be able to help you in your quest for information but please make sure you get all the legal documents done before you order anything.

Old 02-18-2003, 01:03 PM   #5
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Another thing, I just looked a the web site and all of the pictures are taken from someone else's web site. If they were truly an exporter they would be able to take pictures of their own animals. I would reccomend sterring clear of them.

Old 02-18-2003, 01:41 PM   #6
Rock Python
Thumbs up

Yes I noticed that my self and that is the big reason i am looking for info on them. Thanks for your help. I will say away from him.
You may have saved me from makeing a big mistake.

Old 02-19-2003, 12:57 AM   #7
Justyn
Yeah

Rob told me earlier today that African Reptiles stole one of my pics, even erased my watermark! It was of the male Chamaeleo jacksonii merumontanus. I would never do business with these guys, they are brokers, they don't have the animals!
Thanks
Justyn

Old 02-19-2003, 11:37 PM   #8
Rock Python
I am sorry for your pic being stolen. I told him that i was not intrested in his animlas any more.
I want to think you guys for your thought on him. I wish i could stop his buisness some how.

Old 02-20-2003, 01:46 AM   #9
Justyn
The question is, what business? This guy looks like he is just trying to take someones money in return for nothing. Last I checked that was not a business. Either way, if you are really interested in African importation, give me a call, I'll give you the real facts that you may or may not want to know.
Thanks
Justyn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!