Registration Issue? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
the gecko geek
Registration Issue?

Hey all, just wondering if anyone else was having an issue with registering an account. I am trying to register an account for my business, but when I click on register I get a message saying "we cannot register your account at this time" I thought there might be a little issue in the system but it's done it three days in a row now..

Could it possibly be because I am trying to do this from the same computer that recognizes my current account with this site?

Old 03-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #2
hhmoore
Im not sure if Rich is still manually checking new registrations. If so, he may be deleting your new account as a duplicate.

(Changing user names - which is what you are trying to do - is one of the perks of paid membership. If people were allowed to just create new accounts when they want a new name, it would render that offering worthless.)

Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
the gecko geek
But how does the system know it's me? my IP? so my options are to change my personal account to my business account, (which is what I was trying to avoid) or get in contact with Rich and discuss it with him?

Old 03-23-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
WebSlave
The policy here is that a person can only have one account registered. And each account can (and must!) only have one real personal name associated with it.

Changing a member name, for any reason, requires being a paying member, as this is a perk of paid memberships. I audit all new registrations and when I catch a name change being made via registering a new account, I block and delete that new account. If that person doesn't catch the hint, seemingly to just pluck at my nerves, and I have to delete the same new registration multiple times, then the newly named account will be banned to put an end to that.

If this sort of backdoor name change takes place and I don't catch it at registration, then when discovered after the fact, that new account is subject to being deleted without warning or notice. There is no statute of limitations applicable to this policy, and any duplicate account is subject to being deleted no matter how long it has existed after being created in violation of this policy.

Sorry, but I do have to offer some perks to try to entice members into becoming paying members. And just like everyone else trying to make their ventures profitable and rewarding to them, as such, I am trying to make THIS venture profitable and rewarding to me.

So if you choose to become a paying member, afterwards please contact me and I will change your member name for you. This is a fully manual process, BTW, and I am the only one here who can do that for you.

I hope that explains my position sufficiently.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
the gecko geek
No I understand that, and I agree. Everyone has to make money, and I know exactly why you have things set the way you do. The account would be under my partner's name, and would be a contributing member. My problem isn't at the submit registration page.

My problem is when I click on the register button. It just gives me the message saying "we cannot process your account right now" I was just curious if it was recognizing my IP address or something and locking me out.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gecko geek View Post
No I understand that, and I agree. Everyone has to make money, and I know exactly why you have things set the way you do. The account would be under my partner's name, and would be a contributing member. My problem isn't at the submit registration page.

My problem is when I click on the register button. It just gives me the message saying "we cannot process your account right now" I was just curious if it was recognizing my IP address or something and locking me out.
I am not aware of any method to do that in vBulletin, and certainly I have not done so. I am still processing between 30 and 50 new registrations every day so the process must be working for most people. If you can, please get a screen capture of this message so I can pass that on to my programmer to see if he can determine what is going on.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!