New AUCTIONS section has been set up! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
WebSlave
Thumbs up New AUCTIONS section has been set up!

Just recently set up a new section exclusively for auction type sales that members may want to try out. This is really a trial to see if auctions are even desired by the membership. I have had some people ask about them in the past, but my cursory search for a commercial product to use here didn't really bear fruit. The auction format is pretty plain vanilla, and nothing more than just regular threads that all replies have been re-enabled so members can bid on the auctions without any restrictions. If this proves to be popular, then I will make a more concerted effort at trying to find a commercial auction script that will integrate with vBulletin and actually ACT like a real auction site.

Anyway, please check it out and give it a whirl if you are interested in this type of vehicle to try to sell your animals and/or merchandise.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...lay.php?f=1072

Old 04-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Fangthane
Count me in as someone who'd love to see true auctions here. I just find myself wondering if the rudimentary nature of the trial set-up might end up hurting it's potential popularity. Without a proxy bid system in place, and with all bids out in the open, I think it may end up contributing to lower sale prices.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
WebSlave
Sorry, but the one I have been considering appears to be quite complex, and I'm not sure the developer is still actively supporting it. So that might mean that my programmer would become stuck holding the back, and that could get rather expensive for me not only to have it installed, but for him to then have to take care of all of the bugs that crop up. I am certain that NONE of the possible auction scripts that can tie directly into vBulletin will be cheap nor easy to implement. Sorry, but I am just not going to throw money away and waste a lot of effort on something that will be little utilized and turn out to be a waste of time and money. So if the rudimentary auction section I set up doesn't prove to be fruitful, then I will consider this as a dead issue.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #4
Shadera
Though I doubt I'll participate, I think it's a fun idea. Maybe it will take off, but if not at least you gave it a go.

Now if we can just get sellers to not change the terms of the auction after the first bid has been placed ...ie, adding a reserve once they see bidding might be slow or changing it altogether.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #5
creative g
so the auctions will only be for payed members?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Fangthane
Both listing, and bidding priveleges are open to all members, paid or not.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #7
creative g
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexPredatorBoids View Post
Both listing, and bidding priveleges are open to all members, paid or not.
That's what I'm talking about!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #8
Lucille
Here, to bless the new auctions, is one of the most famous auction items on Fauna, where people actually paid money NOT to get my hamster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Ohhhh, I get it. Peeps are casting aspersions on my hamsters, right? Thinking that they may pay good money (I was looking for five bucks or so) and get second rate hamsters?

Well, FINE. (Any time a woman says well fine you know you are in some deep doodoo).

Buy the dang hamsters and give ME the funds and I'll send them along.

Better yet, just paypal five dollars to Fauna and say in the paypal note:

No thanks Lucille we don't want your stupid hamsters but here is a contribution fo Fauna or
Lucille, you're just a nice person so here is five bucks for Fauna on account of we like your posts.
Anyway, I hope the auctions go well and that they are as fun as the hamster auction was

Old 04-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #9
Riyeko
Looks good.

Cant wait to use FC as my daily look for good deals.

Thanks!

Old 04-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #10
NCGeckos
ended auctions

As a seller, I LOVE the idea of having auctions on here. I'm not a patient person so when I want to sell something I'd rather have someone pay me what they think it's worth than to put a price on it and wait to see if anyone is interested. Then watch it sink toward the bottom of the page...or worse...page 2!

But, I'm seeing a problem already with the format. I keep looking at auctions only to find that it's already over. Is there some way to remove the finished auctions or to standardize the title to include the end time and date?

Thanks,
John

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!