Making a new site...Questions - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:19 PM   #21
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Wow, thanks a lot Stephanie. What are you, the software police?
Grow up. It is theft, plain and simple.

I don't believe Bill Gates owns Adobe (who now owns Macromedia).

Old 09-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #22
KelliH
Quote:
well, first off, its very silly to just openly say you will burn copies on a public forum. People DO look for that stuff. and DO report it. Check out some of the fines they have out for people they discover doing it.
Yeah, I guess it was silly of me, but we're talking about two 7+ year old programs that someone burned for me in 1999. I think what Stephanie said was just a little bit sillier, but hey, some people are just that way... kinda sad really.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:25 PM   #23
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
I don't encourage or applaud pirating software, and I have and will report it.
Thanks for the heads up on that.
Not that I would ever participate in such nefarious activities.....
But I'm sure those that do are always glad to know who the snitches are.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #24
KelliH
Quote:
Grow up. It is theft, plain and simple.
How about you grow up and stop copying other folks website layouts? You could have at least changed the font.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #25
KelliH
OOps, meant to attach these.
Attached Images

Old 09-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #26
TripleMoonsExotic
Hate to tell you this, but you can't copy something that's been done a ton of times.

If you have a problem with what Mike specifically asked for, I'll be happy to let him know that you are crying about how he wants his Available page to look. I also use Century Gothic for ALL of the programmable text on web sites I do (unless I'm asked to use something else). It's not really that unusual.

Stop trying to scrape, it's not making you look any better.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:51 PM   #27
KelliH
Quote:
If you have a problem with what Mike specifically asked for, I'll be happy to let him know that you are crying about how he wants his Available page to look. I also use Century Gothic for ALL of the programmable text on web sites I do (unless I'm asked to use something else). It's not really that unusual.
I'm not crying over anything, Stephanie. I noticed it right after you finished the site for him, when he sent me the link to it. In fact I'm pretty sure I mentioned it to Mike on the telephone. I just really thought it was kind of lame that it was exactly like mine, same order, same font, same same same. I didn't say anything because while it irritated me, I had no reason to call you out on it, I liked you and it's not like it's the first time someone has done that. But then you go and call me a thief, well, I kind of think what you did is worse.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:57 PM   #28
KelliH
Rick, I apologize for posting off topic. I should not have let her get to me. I truly was only trying to help you out. I will now go back to worrying about the software police coming to get me.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #29
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
I just really thought it was kind of lame that it was exactly like mine, same order, same font, same same same. I didn't say anything because while it irritated me, I had no reason to call you out on it, I liked you and it's not like it's the first time someone has done that. But then you go and call me a thief, well, I kind of think what you did is worse.
Like I said, I did exactly what Mike asked me to. So I hardly think calling me lame and trying to point me out as a bad person has any merit. Like I said, if you would like me to discuss with Mike how you think you own rights to a few colored tables and a font (which you don't), I will be happy to.

"Copying" is taking your web site, changing the colors and images...Which obviously didn't happen with anything I did for Mike.

Furthermore, I never said I reported you, I said I have reported individuals for that offense (even reported a company). Piracy isn't a joke, they can fine you thousands of dollars and it is theft. What gets to me is when I put my hard earned money into LEGAL software, and then anyone with a CD/DVD burner wants to pirate the same programs. That burns me big time. If you can't spend $1k+ on software, then you don't need it.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:22 AM   #30
KelliH
Quote:
Like I said, I did exactly what Mike asked me to. So I hardly think calling me lame and trying to point me out as a bad person has any merit. Like I said, if you would like me to discuss with Mike how you think you own rights to a few colored tables and a font (which you don't), I will be happy to.
OK, I will call him tomorrow and talk to him about it. I think most people that look at the two will be able to see the obvious.

Quote:
What gets to me is when I put my hard earned money into LEGAL software, and then anyone with a CD/DVD burner wants to pirate the same programs. That burns me big time. If you can't spend $1k+ on software, then you don't need it.
LOL OK, you have no idea how much money I have spent on computer software or anything else for that matter, and you certainly have no business telling me what I do or do not need. Just worry about what you need. I think you and I just need to stay away from each other from now on, won't be hard for me to do that's for sure.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!