Getting old..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #1
WebSlave
Getting old.....

I applied for Medicare today......... If that doesn't make you feel old, NOTHING will......

Well, maybe when I apply for Social Security benefits next year. That should do it....

Old 04-17-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
hhmoore
I got an AARP membership packet in the mail several years ago...acceptance letter, and the whole deal. I immediately felt old...then I remembered that 1) I hadn't applied, and 2) I was 41.
That was just the start of the weirdness and headaches, though. They actually argued with me when I called to dispute the charge. (A day or two later, I found out about numerous fraudulent charges that had been made on my debit card?

Old 04-17-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
AbsoluteApril
I don't like it but am starting to get used to being called 'Ma'am', I get that they are trying to be respectful but damn it makes me feel old.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:18 PM   #4
E.Shell
First time I felt old was when I was admiring the VERY cute waitress and she gave me a senior citizen discount without my asking.

The real barb was that I was still a couple years out. I was hurt and resentful and was going to straighten her out, but then said "Oh hell, a dollar off is a dollar off..." and kept my mouth shut.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #5
JCCS
Getting you some of that socialized medicine, huh?

Old 04-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #6
WebSlave
Yep, even applied for Obamacare earlier this year. Got tired of forking out nearly $20K per year on health insurance with a high deductible HSA. Of course, I recently heard that the money that you save with Obamacare will be considered as taxable income, so again, the government gives with one hand, and takes with the other.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:34 PM   #7
JColt
I just received information last week that Nov 1st 2018 I can retire with full benefits. All of a sudden it kinda kicked me in the teeth that all those years I thought about retirement is coming and that I'm old.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #8
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
I just received information last week that Nov 1st 2018 I can retire with full benefits. All of a sudden it kinda kicked me in the teeth that all those years I thought about retirement is coming and that I'm old.
Kind of sneaks up on you, don't it.... I think the mirrors in my house are actually windows into an alternate dimension, and there's some darn old guy who keeps on staring at me from the other side.

So where are all those flying cars we were supposed to have in the year 2015 that I read about as a kid?

Old 04-23-2015, 04:13 PM   #9
JColt
LOL! True Rich! We have a lot of people who I have been with the last 27 years that are leaving. 3 this year. One of the new hires found out what my salary was. He said gee must be nice. I told him if he want's someone to say that to him 30 years from now he better get rid of the attitude. Too many young ones expect it to be handed to them on a silver platter.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:16 PM   #10
JColt
Oh almost forgot! The past 2 weeks has been physically hard at work. Just today the boss looked at me and said, We should probably get someone to help you. You're not 30 anymore you know, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!