Hillary for President. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
HerpVenue
Hillary for President.

NOT

Hillary had a video out today. In it she claims that she just decided to launch an exploritory committe for the presidency.

The lies are starting already. In the video the background is GREEN. Last time i checked, it was winter outside. There is no greenery in Washington OR in New York right now.

JUST SAY NO TO HILLARY!!!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
Vote for the people that will make a difference. the people who have compiled parties that will do something for our country. Do not vote based just solely on the information the media gives you.

She will have a hard run, and we will see how all of this ends up, peoples minds need to be as open as possible this election term. Vote for the people supporting topics that will do good for everyone in the long run and not just a temporary fix.

Old 01-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #3
Cat_72
I'm neither a Democrat or a Republican. I vote for who I think is the best candidate, regardless of party affiliation. I despise people who vote only based on the party, whether the cadidate is worth anything or not.

That said.........I'd love to see a woman as president, but not Hilary.

And that's all I have to say about politics here.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Chance
I agree that people should vote their ideals and not their party. However, sometimes, when it's a choice between bad or worse, you just have to go with what you know will be the better of the two. Because if you don't, you can be assured that there will be someone else on the "other side" who will!

All that being said, to me it doesn't apply to this situation. I both think we're ready for a woman president and that Hillary is a great person for it. I will fully support her if she gets the nomination to run. I think a Hillary/Obama ticket sounds awesome, and at least maybe with them, we wouldn't let big business and the religious right decide the fate of our country.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
John Apple
Sooooo what will that make ol-Bill ?? First Man ?

Old 01-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #6
kmurphy
Chance, Your opinion, while welcome, could be a little tainted considering where you're from. I hope Hillary does get the nod from her party. I can see the ads now, some sweet old lady from the travel agency tells how she was fired because Hillary didn't like her dress. Just kidding about that but the point is she has too much baggage to win nationally. An election with her in it will get nasty, and not necessarily because she will start it, but because she has so much material to work with.
This country really needs someone that will bring it back together, I don't believe Hillary is it, and I don't know who is.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:08 PM   #7
Chance
Oh you can be guaranteed that the run in '08 will get nasty. It's just gotten worse and worse over the few short years I've actually been observing them, and that's from both sides. I think it's quite a shame that political runs have to resort from "vote for me because" to "don't vote for him/her because." What are ya gonna do though? This country's populace just eats up the nastiness, so it isn't likely to end anytime soon.

As for my location slanting my opinion, if that were true, I can assure you it would be slanted in the other direction! Arkansas is kind of a funny place. We're the last Democrat stronghold in the south, but our Democrats are really just closeted Republicans. Most are more conservative than many Republicans. I live right on the border between Democrat and Republican in this state - basically the border between NW Arkansas (Wal-Mart, Tyson country, Republican) and the rest of Arkansas (small business, rural, largely poor, Democrat). It's interesting to watch how completely different an election will go between my county - Democrat - and the county directly north of me - Republican. But, the point is, even the Democrats in this state are mostly conservative, and I can assure you I'm quite the opposite of that. Bill Clinton was a very moderate Democrat himself, despite what you'll hear from certain national crazy talking heads (cougCoultercough). Hillary will not be a rabid liberal, because though she may be more liberal than her husband, she's still very much a moderate according to the spectrum.

I am very curious to see how this coming election will play itself out. If the Dems give the nod to Hillary, I can't fathom the Repubs giving it to a white conservative Christian man. That would probably be suicide after these last 8 years. So who would it be? McCain? Giuliani? Condi? Powell? I think they're going to have to work back toward the middle if they want any shot at winning....unless of course they want to just buy it again I personally wouldn't be too upset with a Giuliani or McCain administration, as at least those guys are willing to stand up for what they believe in and not just bow to their parties.

But yes, you can be most assured that for whoever gets it, reputations are going to be trashed and smeared like no other election before it.

Old 01-23-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
Leighanne
I'll vote for Hilary!

Old 01-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #9
floridaboy85
I'll just be glad to be rid of old GW!!!

Even if he does make me laugh!

Old 01-23-2007, 08:18 PM   #10
Mokele
Quote:
Oh you can be guaranteed that the run in '08 will get nasty. It's just gotten worse and worse over the few short years I've actually been observing them, and that's from both sides. I think it's quite a shame that political runs have to resort from "vote for me because" to "don't vote for him/her because." What are ya gonna do though? This country's populace just eats up the nastiness, so it isn't likely to end anytime soon.
Tell me about it; I've been seriously considering just unplugging my TV and blocking any news sites until the week before the election. By then everyone's had a chance to make total idiots of themselves for over a year, and I can just sift through the fallout without too much danger to my sanity.

I can just imagine the campaign ads this time: "Hi, I'm Candidate X. Have you ever noticed my opponent never makes appearances during the day, and seems to have an aversion to garlic, crosses and mirrors?"

Henry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!